The Student Room Group

To ladies: What height is a "short" guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
how tall are you mate?

5 Ft 7. x_x barely, too. fml, I just perfectly fit with the definition of short. Not even average
Anything below 6'4.
I thought I was a decent height

5ft8
:s-smilie:
5ft 7 and less is considered short for a guy 18 and over.
Reply 24
Original post by Rescue Remedy
I'm 5'10 so a short lad to me is my height and shorter ... when im wearing heels im like 6'2 so i like tall lads :biggrin:

i know some lovely lads who are sound but they are shorter :/

Give 'em a chance!
Reply 25
In personal terms, short is any guy smaller than me. So smaller than 5"10.

I'm going to get so much hate for this post.
Reply 26
Original post by JediMindTrick
Anything below 6'4.

I completely agree.
Original post by QwentyJ
Give 'em a chance!

no i cant give them a chance when their head is level with my tits .. plus i dont want to have to bend tall.. tbh most short lads dont go near me anyway scared of when i look down on them. i prefer tall dark and handsome rugby players :wink:
You're not going to get one answer, because it's all relative.

I'm 5'11" (which is freakishly tall for a girl :s-smilie: I don't like it) so TO ME (not everyone) I'd say 5'10" or under is short.

However, I think a lot of guys confuse short for unattractive / undateable, which isn't true. The closest thing I ever had to a relationship was with a guy who was quite a bit shorter than me.
Reply 29
On a personal level anyone shorter than me when I'm wearing heels which is about 5'10"
I'd say anything under 5"8 is short to me, but I'm 5"6 so I like the guy to be at least a little bit taller than me. But it's all relative, some girls might think any guy under 6" is short.
Original post by GirasoleL
To a 5ft 2 girl for example, a 5ft 6 guy wouldn't seem short even though he's a fair bit under average :tongue:

Um, yes he would.

That's like saying 'To a 6'3" guy, a 6'0" girl wouldn't seem tall.'

You know if a person is tall or short regardless of your own height.
Original post by Pink Bullets
Um, yes he would.

That's like saying 'To a 6'3" guy, a 6'0" girl wouldn't seem tall.'

You know if a person is tall or short regardless of your own height.

Yes, you can tell if they're tall or not compared to most over people of their gender, but what I meant is that in relative terms, they're still tall in comparison to your height if your shorter or short if its reversed, I think a girl is going to care less if a guy is short if he's still taller than her than a girl who's taller than him.
Yes, you can tell if they're tall or not compared to most over people of their gender, but what I meant is that in relative terms, they're still tall in comparison to your height if your shorter or short if its reversed, I think a girl is going to care less if a guy is short if he's still taller than her than a girl who's taller than him.

that's where (in general) you're wrong.
A guy who is 1 inch taller than me, so 5"2, (since I'm 5"1)
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
that's where (in general) you're wrong.

Well most girls that I know who have dated short guys have been short girls themselves, rather than the taller girls I've known. I was just speaking of my own experiences.I'm not saying they prefer short guys to tall guys, I just mean they always seem more likley to date shorter guys than the taller girls. Although end of the day, each to their own really. There are some girls out there who dig shorter guys, it just seems that girls in general tend to prefer average or tall guys. Not that it should have to matter too much, short guys are bound to still find someone out there :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

This is not about what's relative but if you look at the general averages in the population then a short guy would be around 5ft6 or 5ft7. It doesn't matter if a girl is barely 5ft, he is still short even if not in relation to her. It's the same as an average height of a girl being 5ft4 or 5ft5, this is shorter than most guys but it is still not a short height for a girl. And if a guy says he likes 'short' girls then I expect that to mean below average height, not just shorter than him.
Well most girls that I know who have dated short guys have been short girls themselves, rather than the taller girls I've known. I was just speaking of my own experiences.I'm not saying they prefer short guys to tall guys, I just mean they always seem more likley to date shorter guys than the taller girls. Although end of the day, each to their own really. There are some girls out there who dig shorter guys, it just seems that girls in general tend to prefer average or tall guys. Not that it should have to matter too much, short guys are bound to still find someone out there :smile:

That's true, at 5ft2 I've dated guys with a broad range of heights from 5ft5 up to 6ft4...variety is the spice of life :biggrin:
Reply 38
5ft8 (my height). Not that I wouldn't date someone smaller than that.

Edit: Why the neg? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
5'7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending