The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Count yourself lucky you got a reply... most people haven't
Esquire
Count yourself lucky you got a reply... most people haven't

I know that :smile: Just thought it was a bit random that the offer's quite a lot higher than the typical one
Reply 3
Hi, I also got an offer for maths at St. Andrews (G100). My offer was also AAB, I think it is because the popularity of St. Andrews has increased because of Prince Williams. Where is your first choice?
joe8232
Hi, I also got an offer for maths at St. Andrews (G100). My offer was also AAB, I think it is because the popularity of St. Andrews has increased because of Prince Williams. Are you thinking of accepting the offer? It is going to be my first choice!

I'm trying to decide between Durham, St A's, and KCL at the moment! Like i said, it was going to be my insurance, but now I'm considering it as my firm.
Reply 5
The same thing happened to me with Cardiff, they normally offer BBB-BBC and I got ABB. I have my own theories as to why this happened!
hello! general info..... french and russian @ st andrews is ABB from BBB in prospectus too. has ne 1 heard from durham??

has ne 1 heard from durham??

Some people have heard for various MFL. Not sure about French & Russian, check this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t189490.html
la_banane_verte
Some people have heard for various MFL. Not sure about French & Russian, check this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t189490.html

Cheers!!i'm the only person i no who has applied so bit in the dark...... carslile......do u no hexham??
Reply 9
la_banane_verte
I'm trying to decide between Durham, St A's, and KCL at the moment! Like i said, it was going to be my insurance, but now I'm considering it as my firm.

St. Andrews is higher in the league tables than Durham. I have been to both and applied to both but I think I prefer St. Andrews as it is smaller. I also haven't heard from Durham.
blondemoment
Cheers!!i'm the only person i no who has applied so bit in the dark...... carslile......do u no hexham??

Yup, I do know Hexham. I'm not overly familiar with it, but I have a vague idea where things are :smile:

St. Andrews is higher in the league tables than Durham. I have been to both and applied to both but I think I prefer St. Andrews as it is smaller. I also haven't heard from Durham.

I've been to Durham a couple of times, but I've never visited St Andrews, so I'm going to wait till I've been for a look around till I decide. Although if St Andrews is smaller than Durham, it must be tiny!
ah...well i'm probably slightly bias as Durhams nearish 2 where i was born so family [ie laundry service] is close ish but not 2 close. i have never been 2 st.A's probably shud if im thinkin of going there.....so is it totally small or like big ish, bearing in mind i live in lincolnshire the most underpopulated county......??

--------------

la_banane_verte
Yup, I do know Hexham. I'm not overly familiar with it, but I have a vague idea where things are :smile:

I've been to Durham a couple of times, but I've never visited St Andrews, so I'm going to wait till I've been for a look around till I decide. Although if St Andrews is smaller than Durham, it must be tiny!

tis where i was born, was wondering if i'd bump into some old faces actually,,,,, no luck so far. i remember going to carslie (is that spelt right??) in the dark to watch a rally.. i don't think i've been otherwise.....
Reply 12
same happened to me with Newcastle. Typical offer is BBB...I got ABB and my mate from my school for BBB for the same course...!!!
wow biomedical sciences sound alot worse than russian.......!!
thats rater harsh that happening,,,,maybe tho, if the worse happened and u got the grades she needed they'ud still take u??that the optimistic side!! :smile:
Reply 14
I guess- still aint really fair when we take similar subjects etc...no idea how they work it!!
blondemoment
ah...well i'm probably slightly bias as Durhams nearish 2 where i was born so family [ie laundry service] is close ish but not 2 close. i have never been 2 st.A's probably shud if im thinkin of going there.....so is it totally small or like big ish, bearing in mind i live in lincolnshire the most underpopulated county......??

tis where i was born, was wondering if i'd bump into some old faces actually,,,,, no luck so far. i remember going to carslie (is that spelt right??) in the dark to watch a rally.. i don't think i've been otherwise.....

I'm pretty sure I have family in Co.Durham, but that's no use, because I don't really know them!

AFAIK, St Andrews' is really quite small. Actually, I think it has a pretty similar population to Hexham :biggrin:

Carlisle ( I think you missed an l in there somewhere!) does have some sort of rally thing that comes through here (I'm assuming you mean cars btw!). It's quite a cool city, cos it's big enough to have good shops, but small enough to be able to walk everywhere. Although we do have the highest number of arrests per 1000 people for violent crime (or something like that) in the country!

same happened to me with Newcastle. Typical offer is BBB...I got ABB and my mate from my school for BBB for the same course...!!!

That's strange. Do you think it had anything to do with personal statements or predicted grades?
Reply 16
la_banane_verte

That's strange. Do you think it had anything to do with personal statements or predicted grades?

I have higher predicted grades..but that shouldnt make a diff as we're both predicted at least the typical offer
~*Ria*~
I guess- still aint really fair when we take similar subjects etc...no idea how they work it!!

no i fail to fathom them........somebody told me that some just read the first line of your personal statement and if it tosh they chuck it. now that is harsh. u got a place tho !!!
la_banane_verte
I'm pretty sure I have family in Co.Durham, but that's no use, because I don't really know them!

AFAIK, St Andrews' is really quite small. Actually, I think it has a pretty similar population to Hexham :biggrin:

Carlisle ( I think you missed an l in there somewhere!) does have some sort of rally thing that comes through here (I'm assuming you mean cars btw!). It's quite a cool city, cos it's big enough to have good shops, but small enough to be able to walk everywhere. Although we do have the highest number of arrests per 1000 people for violent crime (or something like that) in the country!

Ah well. i'm not a city girl i have to be honest.... as long as i can get drunk cheaply who cares??? where else have u applied?? yeah sorry can't spell
blondemoment
Ah well. i'm not a city girl i have to be honest.... as long as i can get drunk cheaply who cares??? where else have u applied?? yeah sorry can't spell

I've applied to and had offers from KCL(AAB), York(ABB) and Lancaster(ABB/BBC). Lol, don't worry about the spelling, it's not a particularly easy word to spell!

Latest

Trending

Trending