The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Got rejected today :frown: Can't go to london now... That sucks..
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by bmqib
Did anyone get an 'application update' email before recieving their decision?

Spoiler

I got one for CompSci, no response yet. They do say they'll reply by the end of March or w/e.
Original post by Gales
I read on here, and someone said it's the UCL reference number. If it is, I do have one. If not, nope!

Yup, that's the one! :smile:
Original post by Naked and Famous
Got rejected today :frown: Can't go to london now... That sucks..

Sorry to hear that mate. Did they give a reason?
(What course by the way?)
Reply 3404
got rejection from UCL for Mechanical Engineering!((
Reply 3405
Got an offer a few days ago for Information Management for Business :cool:
Original post by LauraMxx
No i wasn't there today sorry, but how did it go? and what type of questions did you get? I have one on thursday but it's only a 'short informal interview'

it was ok until she asked me the structure of propanune, like 3d wise. THAT is where my brain decided to go derp. I did get the right answer eventually. Don't think i wrote enough for the lecture... If i get a conditional offer, I want to know what on earth Dewi was smoking when he decided giving me an offer was a good idea.
Original post by sweetascandy
I got this exact email on the 24th of last month. Then I had my open day on 1st Feb. And exactly 1 week after, on the 8th, I got an offer through UCAS for economics. So basically it means that they will send you an offer soon! :smile:

Thank you for clearing that up for me :smile: hopefully fingers crossed my offer will come through tomorrow
Original post by xavier10146
Sorry to hear that mate. Did they give a reason?
(What course by the way?)

Erm in UCAS track it says that my interview and application weren't strong enough... It's for civil engineering. Hows your application going?
Original post by micemice
oh my my. I sooo hate my school now! ok, I hate it for long time already but you deepened my hatred ;d I so envy of you! This sounds so interesting and fascinating ! What experiment have you chosen/going to choose for this coursework?;o
yeah, still 2 months to go so I'm sure you will pull it off :biggrin: If I were you, I would be more worried about Chemistry ;d my friends form HL often tell me how demanding and hard it is. But who knows whether they're overreacting or not ;d I suck at Chemistry so I am in no position to speak ;d
I've applied to Glasgow, Queen's Mary, RHUL and Bristol. Thankfully all of them offered me place but UCL is my top choice ;c What about you?:smile:

I chose to do Loftus and Palmer's experiment which was investigating the effect of leading questions upon memory recall. I showed people a video of a staged car crash then asked half of them how fast the car was going when it smashed into the other, and the other half how fast the car was going when it contacted the other.. it didn't actually work in the end though, I don't think I left a long enough gap between showing the video and asking the questions but that shouldn't have any effect upon my mark as long as I've written it up well!
Yeah chemistry is so difficult, but i'm working on it. I thankfully have a very patient teacher haha. I've also got offers from Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Durham and Bristol is my insurance choice. Bath was my second choice but the offer was too high to put as my back up :/
Reply 3410
Original post by Day8
wow cool a student house?? I have not looked at student houses yet :smile: at the moment intercollegiate halls seem pretty nice but the one I like is catered so I'm not too sure yet. Some people like the food, others don't :tongue:

Precisely,hence the people at intercollegiate halls have the option of eating the food served to them or cooking stuff for themselves. Me? I think I would not require that choice. :smile:
Anyone who has already received an offer from UCL's Bsc STAT, ECON and FINANCE?
Reply 3412
Still waiting to hear about my application to study history at SSEES with a year abroad. I've wanted to this specific course for years so nervous isn't the word!
Reply 3413
:O Just got an offer for economics with a year abroad (L101)!! :O :O
wooohooooooooOO!! Im over the moon!!
:O xD
Just got an offer from UCL, biological sciences....now I'm struggling with two of my choices, UCL and HKUST(with scholarship)...guys any comments on this?
Reply 3415
Original post by Jyouie
Just got an offer from UCL, biological sciences....now I'm struggling with two of my choices, UCL and HKUST(with scholarship)...guys any comments on this?

haha are you from Hong Kong? I like the place!

but maybe if you can afford it, you can consider UCL.
offer from UCL for biotechnology! (posted this a bit late)
Original post by Irenicis
haha are you from Hong Kong? I like the place!

but maybe if you can afford it, you can consider UCL.

....No, I'm from Malaysia....so how do you grade biological sciences in UCL?
Reply 3418
Original post by Jyouie
....No, I'm from Malaysia....so how do you grade biological sciences in UCL?

I see!

I'm very sorry I'm not sure about Biological Science.

Btw, your full scholarship is from the HKUST? How did you managed to get it?
Reply 3419
Original post by kirino1
:O Just got an offer for economics with a year abroad (L101)!! :O :O
wooohooooooooOO!! Im over the moon!!
:O xD

Congrats on your offer:smile: Could I ask if this offer has followed you having gone on an open day, or is this the email UCL has sent that they would be recommending you and offer and asking you to attend a compulsory open day. It's just that UCL is the last uni to get back to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending