The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
I have one of these sat on my desk, it's pretty awesome. :sexface:
Original post by Dez
I have one of these sat on my desk, it's pretty awesome. :sexface:

So pretty, me wants :puppyeyes:
People with iPads, what do you mostly use them for over a laptop/netbook?

I've never really been interested in the whole tablet craze that's going on.
Reply 1203
Just found a potentially cool idea; use an old MiniDisc player as a DAC. This would be better if I could find someone with minidisc player they're getting rid of. It'd only be worth it if it was very cheap, otherwise I'd be annoyed having such a large piece of equipment to deal with (unless I mount it behind/under my desk).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/968523-cheap-dac-50-100-have-you-ever-considered-using-minidisc-deck-dac.html
Thanks for this, will defo look into it :yy:
Original post by RipperRoo
People with iPads, what do you mostly use them for over a laptop/netbook?

I've never really been interested in the whole tablet craze that's going on.

I don't have an iPad but I have a tablet. I use it a lot to keep documents on (around a hundred) , means I don't have to keep finding a computer to print stuff off and I don't have to carry round lots of design codes. As a leisure device, it is nice to be able to slouch on the couch browse the internet
While we've got the thread on the subject of audio, has anybody ever download tracks from Spotify?

Original post by SMed
Just found a potentially cool idea; use an old MiniDisc player as a DAC. This would be better if I could find someone with minidisc player they're getting rid of. It'd only be worth it if it was very cheap, otherwise I'd be annoyed having such a large piece of equipment to deal with (unless I mount it behind/under my desk).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/968523-cheap-dac-50-100-have-you-ever-considered-using-minidisc-deck-dac.html

Hmm, quite an interesting idea. Would be interesting to see how it performs, especially in comparison to a consumer-oriented external DAC :holmes:

Original post by S-man10
Thanks for this, will defo look into it :yy:

No worries (:
Reply 1207
Watching a few MDPs in my area on ebay for around £10-20. I may pick one up. The only thing I'd be able to compare to though would be from using the straight RCA cable from the mobo to the amp (ie onboard DAC vs MDP).
Original post by SMed
Watching a few MDPs in my area on ebay for around £10-20. I may pick one up. The only thing I'd be able to compare to though would be from using the straight RCA cable from the mobo to the amp (ie onboard DAC vs MDP).

Haha I wasn't saying you should compare them, just that it would be interesting to see how they compared =P was a badly worded post XD
TIL I can shut down my laptop by getting it to 105°C.

Cue chkdsk of 3TB of hard drives :sad:
Reply 1210
Original post by Chrosson
TIL I can shut down my laptop by getting it to 105°C.

Cue chkdsk of 3TB of hard drives :sad:

did that to mine while running benchmarking lol
any cheap kindle covers recommended from ebay?
Reply 1212
Original post by S-man10
any cheap kindle covers recommended from ebay?

Not eBay, but I saw this a while ago on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Traditional-Hard-Cover-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B004LXHERE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1302361361&sr=1-1
Made the idiot's mistake of installing win8 preview OVER win7. Just backed up everything and currently wiping/installing win 7.

Grr I'm gonna hate the hunt I had to go on to find certain drivers etc that I've since deleted the installers for :frown:
Right. My Dads just got a new SD card for his phone, went to get all the old photos off the card on his computer and it couldn't read it. My laptop can't read it either and I keep getting asked to format it before use. When we put the card back into the phone (Samsung Wave GS8500) it can read it. But again plugging the phone into the computer it can't read the card. And we don't have any other Bluetooth devices to copy the stuff across.

Is there any other way I could dig out the photos from this SD card?
(edited 12 years ago)
Anybody here have a 2011 27inch iMac? If so, how's it treated you? Also, where/how much did you get it from/for? Considering getting myself one when the next batch are out, might stick with the 2011 batch or go all for the 2012, depending on initial impressions.
:sigh:
Original post by Mad Vlad

Vlad, we know how much you love to gush over your beloved Apple products, but restrain yourself, it just clogs up the thread.

That is pretty neat, cheers :yy:

Original post by Mad Vlad

Vlad and his iPad, sitting in a tree...
Original post by S-man10
Vlad and his iPad, sitting in a tree...

I don't have an iPad. I don't own anything made by Apple. I will never own anything made by Apple.

The only reason I didn't assault the new guy with a Knock Nevis sized helping of sarcasm and vitriol is the fact this was his second post, and it wouldn't be very befitting. :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending