The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScottishShortiex
Congratulations! I'll be starting Chemistry with Drug Discovery in September. :biggrin: Strathclyde has one of the best reputations for Chemistry in Scotland and the UK in general, and has a much better reputation than Heriot Watt. :smile:

Original post by KiaraMarissa
We might have classes together :biggrin: I agree that it is a good university, but on the guardian ratings thing Heriot-Watt is second for the UK and Strathclyde is 12th based on Chemistry. So I don't know how reliable that is. They had pretty similar scores in the different categories though. So I think they are both equally good for Chemistry. My parents disliked Glasgow, which is strange because it was sunny when we visited :wink:

The first year chemistry lecturers are both insane and brilliant :biggrin:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by KiaraMarissa
We might have classes together :biggrin: I agree that it is a good university, but on the guardian ratings thing Heriot-Watt is second for the UK and Strathclyde is 12th based on Chemistry. So I don't know how reliable that is. They had pretty similar scores in the different categories though. So I think they are both equally good for Chemistry. My parents disliked Glasgow, which is strange because it was sunny when we visited :wink:

Yeah I think we'll have most classes together although I'll also have some pharmacy module abd labs. :smile:

Original post by GingerGoat
The first year chemistry lecturers are both insane and brilliant :biggrin:

We met a few during the applicant day. There was one lecturer who did the practical demonstrations and he was hilarious. I bet you wouldn't fall asleep in his lectures! :biggrin:
Yeah I think we'll have most classes together although I'll also have some pharmacy module abd labs. :smile:

We met a few during the applicant day. There was one lecturer who did the practical demonstrations and he was hilarious. I bet you wouldn't fall asleep in his lectures! :biggrin:

That would be (iirc) Alan Kennedy. Did he look like Jack Black? If so, then it was Alan :tongue:
Don't listen to GG, he's crazy! I've seen him at 12 hour :tongue:
Original post by lyrical_lie

Sh'up! I'm an entirely respectable human being at all times :tongue:
(And you're probably worse than me :wink: )
That would be (iirc) Alan Kennedy. Did he look like Jack Black? If so, then it was Alan :tongue:

Yeah he looked like Jack Black but with lighter hair.

Everything you want in a lecturer! :lol: He sounds brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 386
Grats to all those with offers! :smile:
Im in 5th year! I hope to apply to Law next year. :smile:
People with conditionals for law could you please mail me what your conditions are? :smile:

Everything you want in a lecturer! :lol: He sounds brilliant! :biggrin:

Haha I ment GG, but aye it'd be cool to see lecturers especially since my favourite is a very gay aberdonian man :biggrin:
Sh'up! I'm an entirely respectable human being at all times :tongue:
(And you're probably worse than me :wink: )

Pfft lies! You're still in trouble for inviting me and certain people turning up aha! But I always bump into you there. I'm surprised you haven't been to a few of the bro nights that have been organised I'm sure you had mutual friends who were there not including me!
Original post by UMARTIAN
People with conditionals for law could you please mail me what your conditions are? :smile:

Lyrical_Lie below you does Law and had a conditional, quote her.

I'd make a generic comment about how she smells but she's a superpowerful moderator these days and might, god forbid!, warn me :teehee:
Lyrical_Lie below you does Law and had a conditional, quote her.

I'd make a generic comment about how she smells but she's a superpowerful moderator these days and might, god forbid!, warn me :teehee:

Wheesht you I smell like Austrailia!
Original post by UMARTIAN

Don't listen to him :tongue: I had a condition for S6 because I didn't do very well in S5. At the end of S5 I had ABBBC with the A being in english. For my conditional it was pretty tough I had to get an A in Crash higher business. B in Crash higher history and a B in Crash advance higher moddies. It was pretty exact but I think the general offer from 5th year is the 4AB or AAABBBB from s6. Which if you take my AH B as an A at higher is what I got. Hope this helps and any questions about the course let me know.
Haha I ment GG, but aye it'd be cool to see lecturers especially since my favourite is a very gay aberdonian man :biggrin:

Pfft lies! You're still in trouble for inviting me and certain people turning up aha! But I always bump into you there. I'm surprised you haven't been to a few of the bro nights that have been organised I'm sure you had mutual friends who were there not including me!

Well I found the arrival of your ex and new bird turning up a tad amusing, the world works in mysteriously hilariously ways :teehee:
Well, unfortunately, second year has meant less night outs for me :nope:
I doubt the Singaporeans will have the same fervor for alcohol as us Scots, too :tongue:
Well I found the arrival of your ex and new bird turning up a tad amusing, the world works in mysteriously hilariously ways :teehee:
Well, unfortunately, second year has meant less night outs for me :nope:
I doubt the Singaporeans will have the same fervor for alcohol as us Scots, too :tongue:

Waiiiit are you leaving me! It was the more her telling people I was the competition...as if :tongue: Coming to my leavers night?
Wheesht you I smell like Austrailia!

Aye, like a kangaroo after a hard day's hopping :wink:
And yes, leaving youuuuuu!
I actually leave on May 29th for Germany too. My last exam is on May 28th! Tight squeeze. Then straight to Singapore from Germany!

When's your leaving night? When you actually off to the US?
Reply 393
Hi all.

I applied for Mathematics, Statistics and Economics (G1L1) but I haven't heard anything yet.

Who is still waiting ?
Conditional for Software Engineer :smile:
Got a conditional for pharmacy. Does anyone know if Strathclyde allow you to defer your place until the following year or do they require you to reapply?

Thanks.
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Got a conditional for pharmacy. Does anyone know if Strathclyde allow you to defer your place until the following year or do they require you to reapply?

Thanks.

A guy on here got a conditional offer and they allowed him to defer a year. This was for chemistry. There's no harm in asking, basically.
Just firmed my offer for EEE! :biggrin:
Accepted my offer for EME :smile:.
Reply 399
Anyone else firmed an offer for Chem Eng :biggrin: ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending