The Student Room Group

Recommend a graphics calculator?

I was thinking about getting a graphics calculator just to make life a little bit easier in exams. Can you guys recommend a particular calculator that's reasonably priced? The HP39-GS seems to be good value @ only £33 on Amazon.

They can plot hyperbolic curves too, right? It would be great for the ocassional question that asks to draw something like sechx intersecting with sinhx.

Thanks!
Original post by Dangerous Theory
I was thinking about getting a graphics calculator just to make life a little bit easier in exams. Can you guys recommend a particular calculator that's reasonably priced? The HP39-GS seems to be good value @ only £33 on Amazon.

They can plot hyperbolic curves too, right? It would be great for the ocassional question that asks to draw something like sechx intersecting with sinhx.

Thanks!

the texas instruments Ti 84+ is what i use and it is brilliant! but i'm not sure about the price my dad had bought it for me..
Original post by aeyurttaser13
the texas instruments Ti 84+ is what i use and it is brilliant! but i'm not sure about the price my dad had bought it for me..

£100! Unfortunately I'll be giving that a miss :P
Original post by Dangerous Theory
£100! Unfortunately I'll be giving that a miss :P

damn! im so lucky ive never lost it at school r sumthing my dad wudve murdered me.. but then again the school was like: "all ib students should have texas instruments ti84plus graphical calculator" and we had no choice :tongue:
Reply 4
If this is for A level Maths then trust me, it is a complete waste of money! There is no point in buying it!
Original post by 0range
If this is for A level Maths then trust me, it is a complete waste of money! There is no point in buying it!

Yes it is. I managed without for AS, but anything that may help me slightly would be a plus. As I'm going to do an engineering course at uni I figure I'll probably make use of it there too. Seems I may as well get it sooner than later.
Original post by 0range

hahaha tbh same here although i do IB math SL.. the only times i use a graph is to save time on some parts of calculus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending