University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by fishingforgerm
Hey!

I have an offer for nixon block G too! What will you be studying? I'll be studying law :smile:

Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be studying in Finance management :smile:

Which flat you are? I'm in Nixon court block G Flr4 flat 10
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Am I right in thinking that those of us who hold a conditional offer, don't get allocated a room until results day?
Reply 422
Original post by localfox1000
Am I right in thinking that those of us who hold a conditional offer, don't get allocated a room until results day?

Yeah, probably a couple of days later once they've got people who came through Clearing, Insurance etc. sorted out too.
Original post by roh
Yeah, probably a couple of days later once they've got people who came through Clearing, Insurance etc. sorted out too.

oh right. Thanks.
Anyone know (roughly) how many people there are in each flat in Nixon Court?
Original post by Gxy
Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be studying in Finance management :smile:

Which flat you are? I'm in Nixon court block G Flr4 flat 10

Flr 1 flat 3 :smile:
Reply 426
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37358614']Anyone know (roughly) how many people there are in each flat in Nixon Court?

If you are in Nixon court block A B D E F maybe 5or6,even 10(maybe?) people in each flat, but if you are in block G H J K only 5 people in each flat
Original post by roh

Original post by localfox1000
oh right. Thanks.

People with conditional places, will get their accommodation allocated once the confirm they have met the offer, so for most August.
Reply 428
Original post by BeautifullySimple
People with conditional places, will get their accommodation allocated once the confirm they have met the offer, so for most August.

Have they actually managed to put a date on it this year?

Unusually specific by accommodation, they used to just confirm once they'd done it all.
Reply 429
Hello!
I will hopefully be a Leicester student this year (depending on my exam results) and I have applied for double rooms but apparently I will be going alone.
Would anyone share a room with me? My first choice of application was Salisbury houses and a double costs Ł140 so if you half that, it comes out pretty cheap.
I don't consider myself a messy person and I'm not loud :biggrin:
Send me a message if you're interested! It would be a great help for me.
Reply 430
Hello everyone, sorry if this question has already been asked. :smile:

For people holding a conditional offer, you won't know which hall, floor and flat you have been placed in until after results day?
Reply 431
Original post by Heyimdec
Hello everyone, sorry if this question has already been asked. :smile:

For people holding a conditional offer, you won't know which hall, floor and flat you have been placed in until after results day?

This is true yes, as it is for most other unis so far as I'm aware. Also, just read the thread, there's a post above saying this...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 432
Original post by roh
This is true yes, as it is for most other unis so far as I'm aware. Also, jut read the thread, there's a post above saying this...

Thanks for your help. So it shouldn't matter if you have applied this late (silly me), or is it based on a first come first serve basis? Sorry for all the questions. :tongue:
Reply 433
Original post by Heyimdec
Thanks for your help. So it shouldn't matter if you have applied this late (silly me), or is it based on a first come first serve basis? Sorry for all the questions. :tongue:

I'm not sure if it's first come first served, probably but I couldn't be certain as my halls wasn't massively oversubscribed so didn't get much of a picture as some had firmed, some insured though no clearance people.

So long as it's your firm you should be OK for all but the very popular ones, JoFo self catered this year (and most years just JoFo generally).

Even if you don't get your first choice most people wouldn't swap their halls for anything after about 2 weeks, I know people in mine (Beaumont, shared bathroom, catered) who originally had JoFo down but if you offered them a transfer after freshers' they'd turn you down without hesitating.
Reply 434
Hey guys, does anyone have pictures of the rooms in the Coppice hall? thanks!
Reply 435
Hi everyone! I'm going to be an Erasmus student at University of Leicester and I must apply for accomodation. Any advice for me? I'd like SALISBURY HOUSES or FREEMEN'S COMMON, which one is the best in your opinion? For Salisbury Houses, what is the difference between the Salisbury Road, Lancaster Place and Regent Road ones?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm very confused! Thank you all! :smile:
Reply 436
Original post by Feds90
Hi everyone! I'm going to be an Erasmus student at University of Leicester and I must apply for accomodation. Any advice for me? I'd like SALISBURY HOUSES or FREEMEN'S COMMON, which one is the best in your opinion? For Salisbury Houses, what is the difference between the Salisbury Road, Lancaster Place and Regent Road ones?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm very confused! Thank you all! :smile:

Only difference between the 3 in Salisbury Houses is small location differences (though they are all very close to the campus) and that Salisbury Rd is made up of terraces.

Freemen's is also close to campus but set out in blocks and flats. I know Freemen's has a lot of international students and ERASMUS, I'm not so certain about Salisbury.

If you want to meet lots of British students in First year (so not already in friendship groups) then you'd be advised to apply to Oadby halls. (GMS, Beaumont, John Foster and Digby).
Reply 437
Thanks very much for help and advices! :smile:
I sent my application off for accommodation over 2 months ago, I checked the status of my application the other day and it still says "submitted". It hasn't even been processed yet :s-smilie:
Original post by rainbow.panda
I sent my application off for accommodation over 2 months ago, I checked the status of my application the other day and it still says "submitted". It hasn't even been processed yet :s-smilie:

If you hold a conditional offer, that'll be why. I sent mine off the day it opened and it still says submitted.

When you meet the requirements they gave you, give them an email or call to let them know... quote your student number (this will be on any correspondence from the uni, check your acceptance/offer letter) and mention the status of your accommodation form also quoting this reference number (found on the page with the status of your application)

They won't start processing you accommodation application until they are certain you will be attending in October. Hope this was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending