The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Clearing at Leicester University

The University of Leicester gave me a conditional offer at AAB for Law (LLB). I'm planning to put this Uni as my first choice however I'm concerned I won't get these grades - I think I'm more likely to get AAC or ABC.
Do you think I'm likely to get accepted through clearing or otherwise if I get these grades? My friends have offers at Leicester for a lot lower grades than me and I'm frustrated that mine are so high! Thanks! x
Not clear what you are asking here but -
Leicester may accept you with grades below your offer conditions - no guarantees but possible.
If Leicester rejects you, you will not get a place in Clearing at that Uni for the same course.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Holly84
The University of Leicester gave me a conditional offer at AAB for Law (LLB). I'm planning to put this Uni as my first choice however I'm concerned I won't get these grades - I think I'm more likely to get AAC or ABC.
Do you think I'm likely to get accepted through clearing or otherwise if I get these grades? My friends have offers at Leicester for a lot lower grades than me and I'm frustrated that mine are so high! Thanks! x
Nobody can tell whether a university will accept dropped grades. However Leicester have in the past accepted students through clearing with your expected grades and Leicester is normally in clearing for Law. Universities prefer students who want to go there rather than any random student through clearing. For that reason any lower grade offered in clearing will already have been accepted for missed grades students.

There used to be a very good thread on the Law forum showing what grades universities accepted during clearing. Have a look there,
Original post by Holly84

Hi there!

Congratulations on your conditional offer!

Many students have got a place at Leicester through Clearing so it is a realistic option however please don't feel discouraged! Hopefully you will get those grades.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are missing a grade or two, don't panic! Call the university and they will be more than happy to help and let you know what the best option is for you :smile:

Best wishes,
Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience
Reply 4
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi there!
Congratulations on your conditional offer!
Many students have got a place at Leicester through Clearing so it is a realistic option however please don't feel discouraged! Hopefully you will get those grades.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are missing a grade or two, don't panic! Call the university and they will be more than happy to help and let you know what the best option is for you :smile:
Best wishes,
Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience

Thank you so much!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending