The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

URGENT - How diverse is university of Leicester?

Guys please be honest, I want to apply to Leicester and think it is a great uni however I don't want to go inside and feel left out or the odd one out if everyone is of the same heritage.

Kinda been bugging me down because of my past experiences at high school and don't want to re live the same experience again.

Thank you so much!
Hello, I can't comment on Leicester but I wanted to say I understand how you feel in not wanting to be the odd one out because of your heritage. If it helps, I've been there and I find University of York very diverse, I love it here and am so chuffed with the university.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Guys please be honest, I want to apply to Leicester and think it is a great uni however I don't want to go inside and feel left out or the odd one out if everyone is of the same heritage.

Kinda been bugging me down because of my past experiences at high school and don't want to re live the same experience again.

Thank you so much!

Hi!

My name is Sumayyah and I'm currently a student at the University of Leicester. Diversity was one of the reasons why I chose to study at this university, I found that more than 60% of students at the university are from ethnic minority background. Many of my own friends are from different backgrounds and ethnicities.

As a city, Leicester is very diverse, people are really friendly and respectful of each others, and there are many multicultural restaurants. I would suggest coming to Leicester and seeing what the city is like, I did that before I chose the university and it helped me feel confident and reassured with my choice.

So I would definitely say you don't need to worry about diversity when you come to Leicester. You will find your people and feel accepted and included 🙂

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Student.
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi!

My name is Sumayyah and I'm currently a student at the University of Leicester. Diversity was one of the reasons why I chose to study at this university, I found that more than 60% of students at the university are from ethnic minority background. Many of my own friends are from different backgrounds and ethnicities.

As a city, Leicester is very diverse, people are really friendly and respectful of each others, and there are many multicultural restaurants. I would suggest coming to Leicester and seeing what the city is like, I did that before I chose the university and it helped me feel confident and reassured with my choice.

So I would definitely say you don't need to worry about diversity when you come to Leicester. You will find your people and feel accepted and included 🙂

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Student.

Thank you so much!! It's that 60% only one type of background out is it loads of different backgrounds?
Original post by Jskamgdhsuajqn
Thank you so much!! It's that 60% only one type of background out is it loads of different backgrounds?

No worries at all 🙂
That 60% is from many different ethnic backgrounds!

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending