The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Part time work in Leicester

Does anyone know what how easy it will be to find part time work in Leicester for alongside studying?I will be starting September 2024.
My student loan covers my rent but not much else, and I am 21 years old and (rightfully) not receiving financial support from my parents. I currently work full time at McDonald's and as a last resort will try and get a transfer however I'm hoping to leave that chapter of my life behind if I can!
Thanks!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Unitemps, other temping agencies in the town. Seasonal Christmas jobs
Reply 3
Original post by lucyeve
Does anyone know what how easy it will be to find part time work in Leicester for alongside studying?I will be starting September 2024.
My student loan covers my rent but not much else, and I am 21 years old and (rightfully) not receiving financial support from my parents. I currently work full time at McDonald's and as a last resort will try and get a transfer however I'm hoping to leave that chapter of my life behind if I can!
Thanks!

Hey there,

I am a current Uni Of Leicester 1st Year student and in my opinion it is quite tricky to find work. There are a lot of opportunities at either university (DMU or UoL) but I feel like they prioritise international students more.

Most jobs on indeed aren’t flexible, I have had a few interviews and didn’t accept due to them wanting 20+ hours which I couldn’t juggle with my course. You just have to get lucky to be honest, maybe apply over summer?

Hope this helps
Original post by lucyeve
Thanks!
Hello there!

There are many opportunities to find a part time job at Leicester. There are part time jobs at the university which you can join from the moment you start University! Those jobs can vary from student ambassador to union ambassador. Always keep an eye on these websites which share more information on the recruitment process and how to apply for a job:
Jobs at Leicester
Part time Jobs
Employability

Hope this helps :smile:

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending