The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2012 <strong><font

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a link/know where I can find all the questions?
Reply 261
Original post by 19hannah94
Does anyone have a link/know where I can find all the questions?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003552&page=18&p=37613213#post37613213
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
Hey do you remember what the last question was by any chance, I mean the last part of the last question one that was worth 5 marks.

here's the last question if you still need help

last question c2 2012.jpg
Original post by Mr M
All fine except for your 0<y<1

The explanation is a couple of pages back in this thread

thanks a lot, ill check now and thank you for the mark scheme
Reply 264
cant believe it :frown: for question 3 i made the area of the sector equal to 45 instead of 45pi. Does this mean ill loose all the marks for ii and iii? OR could you tell me how many if any method marks i will get?
if for the boundaries are for example 58/72 for an A which trasnlates into 80/100 and 51/72 is a B then will 90/100 be 65/72 or does it not work out like that
Original post by jessy_78
cant believe it :frown: for question 3 i made the area of the sector equal to 45 instead of 45pi. Does this mean ill loose all the marks for ii and iii? OR could you tell me how many if any method marks i will get?

You will possibly only lose 1 accuracy mark.
Original post by levantine
if for the boundaries are for example 58/72 for an A which trasnlates into 80/100 and 51/72 is a B then will 90/100 be 65/72 or does it not work out like that

Yes it works out like that but you still have to guess the position of A and B!
how much for a b ish?
Isn't 51/72 the ''normal'' boundaries for a B. And considering this paper was trickier than others, it would go down right?
Reply 270
Original post by Mr M
You will possibly only lose 1 accuracy mark.

is that across both of the questions?
Original post by jessy_78
is that across both of the questions?

Yes I expect so. A misread is only penalised once.
Original post by Mr M
Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2012

5. (a) (i) u2=12u_2 =\frac{1}{2} and u3=4u_3 = 4 (2 marks)

(ii) Cycles periodically between 4 and 1/2 (1 mark)

(b) a = -2 and d = 2.5 (5 marks)

Mr M, for 5 b) i have misread the read question and set it equal to 16 instead of 18 but i did all of the working so how many mark will i lost??
Reply 273
Original post by Mr M
Yes I expect so. A misread is only penalised once.

Can you try and break down the marks for the last part of question 9? Anything you can do would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.
For question 4 - I used cos identity and changed 7sinx to cos. Got 90 degrees but obviously other answers were different. will i get any marks?
Original post by fallen_child
Mr M, for 5 b) i have misread the read question and set it equal to 16 instead of 18 but i did all of the working so how many mark will i lost??

Probably 2 - I'm not sure they will recognise that as a misread - they will probably think you did it deliberately for some reason.
Original post by Lollipop12
For question 4 - I used cos identity and changed 7sinx to cos. Got 90 degrees but obviously other answers were different. will i get any marks?

I'm not sure what you have done. That sounds pretty wrong.
Original post by Kavzaz
Can you try and break down the marks for the last part of question 9? Anything you can do would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Substitute into sum to infinity formula (1)

Multiply both sides of equation by 1-log_2 y (1)

Apply two log laws (2)

Obtain answer (1)
Reply 278
Hi Mr M, i made a silly error on the trapezium rule,
by having one of my ordinates wrong, but i did everything correct and showed full working out, but got 64, because of the wrong ordinate, will i get any marks out of 3?
Original post by Mr M
Probably 2 - I'm not sure they will recognise that as a misread - they will probably think you did it deliberately for some reason.

thank very much!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending