The Student Room Group

Int 2 maths

Exam was torture for me, being doing past papers all yesterday been getting A's and B's no problem. Turn after the first page in paper one and haven't a clue what's going on.

Heres hoping i could scrape a C, maybe give me a shot at higher. Anyone know what the grade boundaries have been in recent years ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They all stay pretty steady at 50-60-70 in the last 5 years,
I found paper 1 harder than paper 2!
Reply 3
Me too, paper 1 was unbelievable, i dont have a clue what SQA were playing at! However, Paper 2 i did not have any problems, what did anyone get for the last question?
Reply 4
Original post by freedom123
Me too, paper 1 was unbelievable, i dont have a clue what SQA were playing at! However, Paper 2 i did not have any problems, what did anyone get for the last question?

Didn't do it, i didn't learn those as they are really complicated! What did you do for 13 about the global warming?
Exam was seriously a nightmare! Paper one - hell and I lost at least 15 marks in paper 2 :frown: totally gutted - been doing really well on past papers! "Exam conditions" were a pure joke too - people coming in 5 mins late for both papers, fire alarm going off and the invigilator was chatting on his phone! Argh :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Reply 6
I did, 15 x 4 = 60%,

So i just said, "Yes, we will meet the target."

It seemed to simple for 4 marks, so i dont know if ive missed the whole point of the question!!

In paper 1, what did you get for the surd question?
Reply 7
The global warming one I didn't have a clue, i was looking about the place for a number to x by 0.85 to the power of 4, didn't really know what to do and trig identity question i ended up with 1 somehow, never really learned them as said above they are complicated so just guessed.
Reply 8
I did something weird I found 15% of 100 then 15% of 75 and so on! anyone else do this?
Oh god I can't even remember! what did everyone get for their change the subject question?
Reply 9
I just took 2050-2010 = 40 years. 40/10 = 4 years.

4 Years at 15% = 60%

So i said, Yes, the target of 50% will be meet and exceeded by 10%!??

Is that not it?? I didnt think that was hard atall, im sure it was as simple as this!
Original post by sophiemcbarron
I did something weird I found 15% of 100 then 15% of 75 and so on! anyone else do this?
Oh god I can't even remember! what did everyone get for their change the subject question?

For change the subject, i got D = EI with the square root sign!
Reply 11
I did, 15 x 4 = 60%,

So i just said, "Yes, we will meet the target."

It seemed to simple for 4 marks, so i dont know if ive missed the whole point of the question!!

In paper 1, what did you get for the surd question?

That's exactly what i did! Yeah I was also confused why would it be 4 marks?

Paper 1 was so weird! I opened the first pages and I was like whaaaaa, is this a non calculator paper? Finding the mean of the football match attendance was so confusing!

On the surds question I got root 4, although don't know if that's correct....
(edited 11 years ago)
Was just wondering what everyone got for the surds question on paper one? :smile:
Original post by sophiemcbarron

I did this aswell :smile:
Original post by SQA

Paper 1 was so weird! I opened the first pages and I was like whaaaaa, is this Non calculator? That finding the mean of the football match attendance was so confusing!

Yess, hopefully we were correct!!

Yeah i got root 4 for the surd, but then can that not be simplified to 2 root 2?
Original post by allyorourke
Was just wondering what everyone got for the surds question on paper one? :smile:

2 root 2 i got
Reply 16
Original post by SQA

Paper 1 was so weird! I opened the first pages and I was like whaaaaa, is this Non calculator? That finding the mean of the football match attendance was so confusing!

no they didn't reach the target you do 100 x 0.85^4 which leaves you with 52.2% meaning that they are now at 52.2 percent of what they were in 2010 so they have only cut it by 47.8% meaning they were 2.2% short
Original post by seanhughes
no they didn't reach the target you do 100 x 0.85^4 which leaves you with 52.2% meaning that they are now at 52.2 percent of what they were in 2010 so they have only cut it by 47.8% meaning they were 2.2% short

Where did you get all they figures from? I dont think thats correct, it didnt say what they were in 2010
Reply 18
Yess, hopefully we were correct!!

Yeah i got root 4 for the surd, but then can that not be simplified to 2 root 2?

Oops
(edited 11 years ago)
can anyone describe what their sin graph was like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending