The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarryMWilliams
What have you put for your AO1 points?

I put about legitimate authority, proximity, agency theory and having an external LOC

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lauramayxxxx
I put about legitimate authority, proximity, agency theory and having an external LOC

Ok so for your AO2 points you should be looking to include Milgram's experiment. If you do include Milgram you can then evaluate that experiment... there are millions of AO2 points available for Milgram. :biggrin:
Reply 402
Locus of control is still there and almost 100% likely to come up in the exam. :smile:

You sure it's still in there? My teacher said it isn't and hasn't taught us it so you've worried me a bit now haha
Original post by imyza
You sure it's still in there? My teacher said it isn't and hasn't taught us it so you've worried me a bit now haha

We've been told it is still on the syllabus and to revise it for the exam. So, I'm hedging my bets with what I know already and just going to go over it. It's a miniscule part of the syllabus anyway, only about half an hours work to remember what you need if you have never seen it before.
Original post by Harry.B.
I'm guessing you're referring to the psychodynamic approach? And I think Cognitive is more likely to come up, maybe behavioral too. Remember if any of these do come up mention to approaches and treatments even if it does not specify you do so. (If it is a 12 mark question.)

Nah, I was hoping for independent behaviour but then again any of the approaches to psychopathology is fine with me, in my honest opinion its the most interesting part of the course thus far. :smile:
Reply 405
We've been told it is still on the syllabus and to revise it for the exam. So, I'm hedging my bets with what I know already and just going to go over it. It's a miniscule part of the syllabus anyway, only about half an hours work to remember what you need if you have never seen it before.

Okay, I might just try go over it then incase it does come up. :-)
Original post by imyza
Okay, I might just try go over it then incase it does come up. :-)

Might be worth it, as I said its a really tiny part of the overall syllabus so it wouldn't take up any real time, you just need to understand the differences between an internal and external locus of control and how it can be applied. :smile:
Ok so for your AO2 points you should be looking to include Milgram's experiment. If you do include Milgram you can then evaluate that experiment... there are millions of AO2 points available for Milgram. :biggrin:

So like saying that Milgram supports the idea of legitimate authority being an explanation as to why people obey, by explaining how from his experiment and then elaborating further on the point? :smile:

Reply 408
Just doing the June 2009 paper, and the question was 'outline and evaluate one or more explanations of why people obey'. Now I know exactly what to put for my AO1, but even having looked at the mark scheme, I really do not understand how to structure the AO2 for it :/ can anybody explain please? :smile:

Hi Laura :biggrin: It's safrina! haha. Basically A02 for such questions entails supporting reseach, so people obey because of legitimate authority, and A02, essentially is evidence that supports this, and this includes a variation of Milgrams study whereby moving his study to a run down office block shown how people obey because the authority figure is legit :smile:
So like saying that Milgram supports the idea of legitimate authority being an explanation as to why people obey, by explaining how from his experiment and then elaborating further on the point? :smile:

Yeah, but if you do use Milgram you need to remember not to spend forever explaining his experiment. Do it briefly but include all the necessary points that you are then going to evaluate. Don't bother to make fruitless points that you then cant use to your advantage. :smile:
Yeah, but if you do use Milgram you need to remember not to spend forever explaining his experiment. Do it briefly but include all the necessary points that you are then going to evaluate. Don't bother to make fruitless points that you then cant use to your advantage. :smile:

Okay thanks :smile: do you think for all of the AO2 on this question I could just use research to support all of the explanations I put for why people obey? :smile:

Reply 411
Okay thanks :smile: do you think for all of the AO2 on this question I could just use research to support all of the explanations I put for why people obey? :smile:

Laura, I just realised I did this past question and got 11/12 :P

Here it is:

Safrina xx
Original post by s_axo
Hi Laura :biggrin: It's safrina! haha. Basically A02 for such questions entails supporting reseach, so people obey because of legitimate authority, and A02, essentially is evidence that supports this, and this includes a variation of Milgrams study whereby moving his study to a run down office block shown how people obey because the authority figure is legit :smile:

Hi Safrina! :biggrin: thank you! :smile: I don't feel ready for this exam at all :')

Reply 413
What's the chances of resisting pressures to conform and resisting pressures to obey authority coming up?
Original post by Harry.B.
What's the chances of resisting pressures to conform and resisting pressures to obey authority coming up?

High, they are easy marks all you do is learn key points, me things a 4 market will come up on them

Just checking, theres only one 12 marker on this paper, right?
Reply 416
Original post by breakeven
Just checking, theres only one 12 marker on this paper, right?

Most likely, although I think it was Jan/June 2009 had a 10 mark question.
Reply 417
hey guys i was just looking over the spec and wondering if someone can clarify this for me - stress management used to include PHYSIOLOGICAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL Now after looking back at the spec it is BIOLOGICAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL I wanted to just know if the physiological and biological are the same content e.g. Beta Blockers, Benzos etc?
Reply 418
Hey I'm really stressing and just wondered what does everyone think will be on it on Tuesday? Like 12 markers thanks would really appreciate it hahaha x

Reply 419
Would anybody be able to tell me all the 12 markers that have already come up? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending