The Student Room Group

2012 Higher Physics Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I converted my km into metres and time to seconds.
Original post by Tycho
It's not a unit error.

Oh, then from what I remember you do not lose marks. In an answer sheet I am sure they accepted m/s too.
Reply 582
Original post by Tycho
No. It's equivalent and technically conforms more to best Physics than leaving answer as km/hr

I got 22.2km @ 129.4 but it's wrong Part II I got 4.93ms-1 how many marks?
I have the paper for the Revised Higher exam, I'll pop it up in a bit :smile: It looks like our exams were massively different though!

I think it went alright today, I wasn't happy with a few multiple choice questions as they were too complex for only one mark, and I worked out that there was about 25ish marks just on explanation /:
otherwise, it went well!
Original post by n00b/
I got 22.2km @ 129.4 but it's wrong Part II I got 4.93ms-1 how many marks?

The displacement was 15.7 +/- 0.2km.
I'm pretty sure that it's irrelevant wether it's in miles/h or m/s , as long as it's correct you'll get the marks.

Has there been a mc answers put up yet? That has been done by a tutor/teacher etc ?
Reply 586
Original post by KeithyDee
The displacement was 15.7 +/- 0.2km.

Need to put in bearing too. It's a vector! :wink:
Reply 587
My diagram was wrong. I used cosine and sine rule, how much do I use?
Reply 588
Original post by joe_yerman
I'm pretty sure that it's irrelevant wether it's in miles/h or m/s , as long as it's correct you'll get the marks.

Has there been a mc answers put up yet? That has been done by a tutor/teacher etc ?

lol - Actually I think there are only two options. Either leave it as they have in the exam question, or change it to the international standard of velocity which is ms-1. You couldn't, for instance, put your answer in inches per year, however funny it would be. :smile:
Reply 589
Original post by n00b/
My diagram was wrong. I used cosine and sine rule, how much do I use?

Which diagram?
Reply 590
The rough one I drew.
Reply 591
Original post by joe_yerman

http://pastebin.com/hBD6EuDN
Original post by n00b/
Would I lose marks for 21 as I worked out average velocity in ms-1 ?

No, you should be fine. I worked out my answer in kms-1 :L I don't know if they'll mark it wrong or not.

That is not tutor/teacher answers though, just what some people have said.
Original post by Tycho
Need to put in bearing too. It's a vector! :wink:

Yeah I know but I just wrote the magnitude :tongue:
Reply 595
Does anyone know the answer to 21 in inches per year?
Reply 596
Original post by rawragee
I have the paper for the Revised Higher exam, I'll pop it up in a bit :smile: It looks like our exams were massively different though!

I think it went alright today, I wasn't happy with a few multiple choice questions as they were too complex for only one mark, and I worked out that there was about 25ish marks just on explanation /:
otherwise, it went well!

please do, really intrigued about revised higher to see what was in it :smile:
I absolutely wrecked the first page of the exam with my scale drawing, got it completely and utterly wrong!, oh well, here's hoping I pick up a few other marks later on.
Reply 598
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong for 21a

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by S119234
I absolutely wrecked the first page of the exam with my scale drawing, got it completely and utterly wrong!, oh well, here's hoping I pick up a few other marks later on.

Me too-ish! I drew it going west instead of east :rolleyes: Just hope that what I got as displacement and bearing is right for what I drew, then I might still pick up marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending