The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bunny6484
Thank you. One other question with IDA do you include it within AO2 evaluations.
Or do you put it at the end, pick a couple and make a separate paragraph for each

You can do it however it suits you! Its best to keep it structured so they can easily pick out marks though I think.

I used this:

Theory>Research Studies + Evaluation of them>IDA's at the end.

I put them at the end so they stood out more when I did it.
Original post by Mephestic
You can do it however it suits you! Its best to keep it structured so they can easily pick out marks though I think.

I used this:

Theory>Research Studies + Evaluation of them>IDA's at the end.

I put them at the end so they stood out more when I did it.

Do you have any ideas for IDA's with narcolepsy and sleepwalking...so far I have this..

The diathesis-stress model for sleep walking shows that it is neither nature nor nurture but an interaction between the two. For instance, an individual may be genetically predisposed to SW (nature) but it will only occur in the individual if they experience factors in their environment such as sleep deprivation (nurture) which will both lead to increased SWS which may trigger sleep walking.

But can't think of anything else! I also have a real-world application for SW. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!
Original post by Brap4k22DivideBy2
At the moment I'm writing flashcards for possible essays which might come up and they are working pretty well. Just learn the studies and the IDAs will follow.

same, I'm just condensing my essays onto flashcards now. Much easier to learn :smile:
Original post by acedlol
Relationships

ITS GOING TO BE SEXUAL SELECTION

Or, maybe culture / maintenance.

I'm not even going to bother learning the rest ^^

One of my teachers who writes and marks the exam predicted that Maintenance is unlikely to come up because there is too much overlap between formation and breakdown (which have already come up)
Reply 964
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
One of my teachers who writes and marks the exam predicted that Maintenance is unlikely to come up because there is too much overlap between formation and breakdown (which have already come up)

Ye its the same with ours :>

Sexual Selection pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94

:wink: Maybe s/he is tricking you? Who knows...
Teachers don't want students to end up with Es and Us. If you were a teacher wouldn't you want your students to get top grades?
Of course :smile:

But in any case lets keep this on topic. Anyone who has a plan on genetics for aggression :smile:?
Original post by PieEatingHorses
Aggression - Genetics / Institutional (Maybe SLT and Dein to)
Relationships - Maintenance / Sexual Selection / Culture

oh nooo! those are all my worst subjects! :frown: best get revising then :frown:
Original post by alexissocool
Do you have any ideas for IDA's with narcolepsy and sleepwalking...so far I have this..

The diathesis-stress model for sleep walking shows that it is neither nature nor nurture but an interaction between the two. For instance, an individual may be genetically predisposed to SW (nature) but it will only occur in the individual if they experience factors in their environment such as sleep deprivation (nurture) which will both lead to increased SWS which may trigger sleep walking.

But can't think of anything else! I also have a real-world application for SW. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

I took a big gamble and didnt revise either of those if im honest with you! So cant really help on the IDA front :s-smilie:
Original post by PieEatingHorses
Of course :smile:

But in any case lets keep this on topic. Anyone who has a plan on genetics for aggression :smile:?

I did a practise essay as i think it may come up and i got 19/24
here's a brief summary of my essay hope it helps! x

state what the bio approach says - relate it to aggression
Court brown study - However an issue with this is the fact that many psychologists had already incorporated the incorrect view of the link between aggression and genetics into their thinking which may be a concern for psychologists presenting their evidence etc
Cairns animal study -Cairns study is an animal study therefore can only be generalized to human with extreme caution and is quite limited because aggression in humans is very different as humans are more complex compared to mice. It shows that aggression can be passed down from one generation to another.
Nature/Nurture Debate & Ethics of saying that aggression is down to genetics
Hutchings study - cant be generalized to females
Reductionist as we dont fully understand human behaviour
Free will- It would mean that people cannot control their aggressive behaviour and therefore it would be deemed “acceptable” to be aggressive towards another human
Any got ideas on whats comming up for SLEEP?
Original post by Mephestic
I took a big gamble and didnt revise either of those if im honest with you! So cant really help on the IDA front :s-smilie:

That's okay! Thanks anyway :-)
Reply 973
Original post by idealized
Any got ideas on whats comming up for SLEEP?

i think lifespan changes in detail or endogenous and exogenous facors in circadian rhytms. However it could be anything but thats what i am prediciting.
Reply 974
What are people predicting for gender, everything seems to have come up :s-smilie:
Original post by Alicexoxo
i think lifespan changes in detail or endogenous and exogenous facors in circadian rhytms. However it could be anything but thats what i am prediciting.

wierd thats exactly what i was just revising ahah! hate sleep tho :O

anyone got an essay/essayplan on sexual selection for relps?
uhm for relationships I really do think people should learn culture, maintenance + parental investment, childhood and not just think its gonna be sexual selection.

You never knew they might split the question.....
Original post by idealized
wierd thats exactly what i was just revising ahah! hate sleep tho :O

anyone got an essay/essayplan on sexual selection for relps?

Sent you an essay on sexual selection :smile:
Original post by VanessaXD
uhm for relationships I really do think people should learn culture, maintenance + parental investment, childhood and not just think its gonna be sexual selection.

You never knew they might split the question.....

I totally agree, I think maintenance is my best bet. But if not that I do think it will be parental investment or culture.
I am so screwed for this exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending