The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Bassman
The crap thing is that even though language exams are all too long. My history exam is two hours long and I have to do two massive essays in them, not nearly enough time :frown:

Ahh I know! I found that at AS, so I can guess It's even worse at A2!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by thatgirl.
That's okay! :-) Before my Italian I looked through alllll the past papers - Spanish, Russian, Italian, French, German - to try and work out what would come up :-)

Ahh I see! Glad to hear it went well :-) mine went well too thanks! :-)

Did you find that the research based essays were the same in the Spanish, Russian, Italian, French and German papers then? :-)
Original post by AlexSimpson4
Did you find that the research based essays were the same in the Spanish, Russian, Italian, French and German papers then? :-)

Yes, they're all very similar! Certain questions (like the event one, I think) have come up in alllll of them, and then there's others which have been in all but 1 / 2 :smile:
Reply 3683
Original post by boocat
Me hopefully!!

Ahh yay!! What language/s are you doing? :smile:
Original post by thatgirl.
Yes, they're all very similar! Certain questions (like the event one, I think) have come up in alllll of them, and then there's others which have been in all but 1 / 2 :smile:

Ok awesome, I might pay a little more attention to an event based question then :-) Thanks for the help!
Good luck everyone with Spanish tomorrow! :biggrin:
Que todos tengan éxito en el examen de español hoy :smile:
Reply 3687
someone please tell me that they found the OCR Spanish today awful
Reply 3688
I did WJEC Spanish and was pleasantly surprised
Reply 3689
Original post by Gales
I did WJEC Spanish and was pleasantly surprised

oh OCR anyone
Did Spanish AQA this afternoon... Actually thought it was an amazing paper! Ended up enjoying it :L aha. Really pleased :smile:

How did everyone else find your exams?

Reply 3691
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Did Spanish AQA this afternoon... Actually thought it was an amazing paper! Ended up enjoying it :L aha. Really pleased :smile:

Nice readings on 'los indignados', immigration in Spain and ETA's ceasefire. Essay was exactly what I wanted! How come you were so pleased with yours? :tongue:

It wasn't too bad, the essay question was a gift (I did the author one), but I thought that some of the reading was a little odd, I had enough time to go over it again though. One more down! Are you doing French as well?
Original post by Gales
Nice readings on 'los indignados', immigration in Spain and ETA's ceasefire. Essay was exactly what I wanted! How come you were so pleased with yours? :tongue:

I don't know I just liked the paper :tongue:

Original post by jerseymackem
It wasn't too bad, the essay question was a gift (I did the author one), but I thought that some of the reading was a little odd, I had enough time to go over it again though. One more down! Are you doing French as well?

Yeah some people really didn't like the question about the endangered bird!

Yes I'll be doing French on the 19th (dreading it at the moment :/ )

Is everyone ready for German on Friday? (AQA)
I'm so scared!!

I know, I haven't started my French revision yet, I think I'll begin on Friday...

What cultural topic are you doing?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Is everyone ready for German on Friday? (AQA)
I'm so scared!!

I'm doing German as well, feeling pretty much ready just need a bit more info on the cultural topics! What ones are you doing?

I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's my last exam and I just want to get them over with. That said, I hope they don't come too soon because I really need to revise, especially because i've probably forgotten a fair bit since study leave began.
Original post by nennybeans
I'm doing German as well, feeling pretty much ready just need a bit more info on the cultural topics! What ones are you doing?

I need to learn some more vocab and just pray the translations are ok! haha
Ermm i'm doing Lola Rennt and Ich fuehl mich so fifty-fifty....
You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending