The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On mine, Arsene Wenger has just taken over at Man City after the previous manager's run of 6 days. I lost in the play off semi final on pens as AFC Wimbledon, I was gutted. However, made a few good deals, dumped some deadwood and am about to kick off my pre-season!
Original post by rawrsomesauce
On mine, Arsene Wenger has just taken over at Man City after the previous manager's run of 6 days. I lost in the play off semi final on pens as AFC Wimbledon, I was gutted. However, made a few good deals, dumped some deadwood and am about to kick off my pre-season!

Six days? :lolwut: That's ridiculous, even for FM...
Original post by kopite493
not really

a)according to fifa hes the beest right back in europe

b) ronaldo is **** against real teams and only turns up against teams like stoke,sunderland and wigan/osauna,grenada and espanyol

A deluded Liverpool fan. Explains it all...

Think I'd rather have martin kelly defending against ronaldo than glen johnson.

b) might wanna research on ronaldo, first guy to score against every team in one season in la liga.

Furthermore, glen johnson is **** in fifa and is on par with bosingwa in that game. Maicon is the best right back in europe according to fifa.
Leverkusen just offered me Danny da Costa for £32.4m. In my first season.
Reply 8344
Does anyone else managing England see their player pool rapidly diminish? At the last count (before the 2028 Euros, after which I resigned), the % of English players in the premier league was 45%, while literally my only right winger was a 34 year old Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Original post by jam277
A deluded Liverpool fan. Explains it all...

Think I'd rather have martin kelly defending against ronaldo than glen johnson.

b) might wanna research on ronaldo, first guy to score against every team in one season in la liga.

Furthermore, glen johnson is **** in fifa and is on par with bosingwa in that game. Maicon is the best right back in europe according to fifa.

not the game, the organisation....

i hate how people assume casue i say fifa im refferring to a game

no as in the world footballing body

and secondly not deluded liverpool fan if you carried on reading a bit you'd have saw me saying i dont agree with it

wish stats actaully meant something in the match engine

striker with 17 accel 18 pace,18 dribbling running in straight line towards the goal, free on it when suddenly a defender comes in diagonally from the sides and catches up to him to make the tackle
i as like **** how fast is he his stats sai 13 accel,13 pace was like wtf how did he catch up are you kidding me
same thing then happend against me and he burnt past my defender biased game is biased
(edited 11 years ago)
not the game, the organisation....

i hate how people assume casue i say fifa im refferring to a game

no as in the world footballing body

and secondly not deluded liverpool fan if you carried on reading a bit you'd have saw me saying i dont agree with it

wish stats actaully meant something in the match engine

striker with 17 accel 18 pace,18 dribbling running in straight line towards the goal, free on it when suddenly a defender comes in diagonally from the sides and catches up to him to make the tackle
i as like **** how fast is he his stats sai 13 accel,13 pace was like wtf how did he catch up are you kidding me
same thing then happend against me and he burnt past my defender biased game is biased

Oh ok, fine I get you.
I still don't understand how fifa find him as the best right back in europe, but I've seen stupid **** happen in football manager so I can only take your word when i hear these things.

Although it's most likely due to stamina.
Original post by jam277
Oh ok, fine I get you.
I still don't understand how fifa find him as the best right back in europe, but I've seen stupid **** happen in football manager so I can only take your word when i hear these things.

Although it's most likely due to stamina.

agreed its utter *******s

his stamina is 18 :/
Reply 8348
not really

a)according to fifa hes the beest right back in europe
but hes still in the europe best 11
I should have done this earlier as I knew it'd derail the damn thread, but I'm gonna call BS on this unless you can provide proof to back up these statements. FIFA don't do a "Europe Best 11" award or anything similar that I'm aware of (partly because FIFA delegate European-specific matters to UEFA). There is a FIFA/FIFPro World XI, which (as you might expect) is dominated by players plying their trade within Europe, and UEFA run a Team of the Year award as well. However, Glen Johnson has never featured on either list since their introductions in 2005 and 2001 respectively. The current crop of 'best defenders' is Dani Alves, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos and Nemanja Vidic (according to FIFA/FIFPro) and Dani Alves, Gerard Pique, Thiago Silva and Marcelo (according to UEFA)
Reply 8349
Original post by biggie
Does anyone else managing England see their player pool rapidly diminish? At the last count (before the 2028 Euros, after which I resigned), the % of English players in the premier league was 45%, while literally my only right winger was a 34 year old Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Yep - it's about 30% in 2024. I have one decent striker and a brace of decent defenders, and that's it.
Original post by jackf1337
I play as Villa too :smile:

I'd recommend buying Romario as a FB. However Villa have Hutton, Warnock, Clark, Cuellar, N'Zogbia, Lichaj and Herd as options at FB so I'm not sure why you want another.
There's a good GK at Newcastle, Jakk Alnwick or something, however he's young and will need time to develop. However Given is an okay first choice (I don't find him that good to be honest) and Guzan is better IMO, and develops nicely after 10 starts or so. You've also got Marshall and Siegrist so again I'm not sure why you'd want another keeper. Villa are desperate for wingers really. Only N'Zogbia and Albrighton are naturals. Agbonlahor can do a job there, and Weimann and Ireland are mediocre out wide.

Thank you! :h:
I know what you're saying. But I sold Warnock, Clark is now a centre-back option, Cuellar is out injured, N'Zogbia has to be used as a winger, Lichaj isn't good enough, Herd is my back-up and I hate Hutton...so I need another full-back! :tongue:
I'm using Given as my 1st option, then I sold Guzan. I signed this Norwegian bloke for a second goalie, as Siegrist isn't good enough atm but I plan to make him 1st choice by the time Given retires. Marshall is more of a coach now too, he isn't good enough.
I'm also aiming to sell Ireland, he seems to have a poor attitude. Got Albrighton, N'Zogbia and now Dzagoev as my front 3 behind Bent. As well as Agbonlahor and Bannan.
My squad isn't really that good atm, need to improve it over a few seasons.
I got rejected by Bouma too! :frown:
Original post by boumavilla
Thank you! :h:
I know what you're saying. But I sold Warnock, Clark is now a centre-back option, Cuellar is out injured, N'Zogbia has to be used as a winger, Lichaj isn't good enough, Herd is my back-up and I hate Hutton...so I need another full-back! :tongue:
I'm using Given as my 1st option, then I sold Guzan. I signed this Norwegian bloke for a second goalie, as Siegrist isn't good enough atm but I plan to make him 1st choice by the time Given retires. Marshall is more of a coach now too, he isn't good enough.
I'm also aiming to sell Ireland, he seems to have a poor attitude. Got Albrighton, N'Zogbia and now Dzagoev as my front 3 behind Bent. As well as Agbonlahor and Bannan.
My squad isn't really that good atm, need to improve it over a few seasons.
I got rejected by Bouma too! :frown:

No problem :smile:

Ah I see. I like Warnock to be honest, he's consistant enough for my level at the moment. You're right about N'Zogbia though. He's much better as a winger. I honestly find Lichaj very very good believe it or not. He's kept Hutton out of the first team almost all season. The only problem is his stamina, however it's not a massive problem and I can easily work around it. I'll screenshot some stuff on Lichaj from my save when I get chance. I may sell Hutton simply because Lichaj keeps him out of the side and I want to get Romario in. I tried selling him at the start of my save but he didn't want to leave so I thought I'd give him the chance, however on £45k p/w and potentially £3m in transfer funds is making me want to sell him.

How do you find Given? He conceded 39 goals in 20 games for me, so I dropped him :L

Ireland can be a useful player, but he's the only real attacking mid option, meaning I can only play 4231 when he's fit, unless I play N'Zogbia centrally (which would be foolish as he's got almost 20 assists from outwide and I've only played 25 league matches.
Dzagoev is an awesome signing, may look into getting him.

I find Agbonlahor better as a striker (his crossing isn't great) and Bannan as a central midfield player (adv. playmaker, attack).

How many seasons have you played?
Anybody got the ipad app? I'm tempted to get it but that price tag is putting me off..
Original post by biggie

Don't know about pool, but the England team aren't that great when all the players have retired. In FM07, they failed to qualify for the 2026 World Cup and finished behind Wales, yet even when I 'sacked' Paul Jewell, they rehired him. The player's aren't great, a couple are top notch though, and they're hosting the next World Cup...

At this time though, in my somewhat world-dominating Tottenham team, I had an English GK, CB, DM and AMC though.
On my Atletico game in 2020, England are struggling to break the world ranking top 20. Main AMC is Jay Emmanuel Thomas :rolleyes:

Some real powerhouses of world football are ahead of them, such as Togo, Senegal, Finland, Turkey, Ukraine, Liberia and Poland.
Just behind them include Burkina Faso, Georgia, Isreal and South Korea.
Original post by Benniboi1
Anybody got the ipad app? I'm tempted to get it but that price tag is putting me off..

Not a fan of these PC/console games being out on devices like psps and phones, so little resources for the game to consume :frown:
But I know a guy who has the game on his Iphone and he likes it if that means anything to you

With regards to the England team, all you can do is ensure your team has the young english talent. Even if that means not playing that 18 year old wonderkid you got from Brazil for 500k :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The Baron
Some real powerhouses of world football are ahead of them, such as Togo, Senegal, Finland, Turkey, Ukraine, Liberia and Poland.
Just behind them include Burkina Faso, Georgia, Isreal and South Korea.

In my game, Finland are very good, Turkey have reached 3/4 finals in 4/5 tournaments (lost all of them), Ukraine won the Euros once, and Poland and Burkina Faso aren't to be sniffed at.
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
In my game, Finland are very good, Turkey have reached 3/4 finals in 4/5 tournaments (lost all of them), Ukraine won the Euros once, and Poland and Burkina Faso aren't to be sniffed at.

What year are you on? :biggrin:
Original post by The Baron
What year are you on? :biggrin:

2026, playing FM07. I mentioned earlier that Austria just won the World Cup, they beat #1 ranked Mexico. Meanwhile 2022 champs Japan and the Euro champs were knocked out at the group stage.

Also Morocco are like sleeping giants, they're one of the top teams but like Turkey haven't won the big one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just finished my 8th season at Milan with another domestic treble (now 4 in a row), although Juventus pushed me all the way to the last day and nearly forced extra time in the Coppa Final, so I decided to have a massive squad clear out. I sold Greizmann for £18m, Ganso for £25m, Damiao for £25m, Ter Stegen for £8m, Vrsaljko for £10m and Mussachio for £18m. Add all that onto my original £131m transfer budget and im pretty sure I could buy anyone I want.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest