The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just learned the first part of fluorescent adolescent on guitar and thought I'd check up here because I'm a bit bored :tongue:

Interesting fact, not that it helps but it's half relevant, Alex Turner of the Arctic monkeys was on his deferred gap year from studying at Manchester Uni but took the year out to pursue musical interests.
Original post by Groat
:console:

D'aww. I just needed to vent. I've already had loads of fillings, I brush my teeth twice every day, and I'm diabetic, so I don't eat much sugar anyway...I clearly have super weak teeth, haha.
Reply 2362
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Hey Groat I love the new wolf picture :biggrin:

Thanks. How are you!

Original post by Catherine.
D'aww. I just needed to vent. I've already had loads of fillings, I brush my teeth twice every day, and I'm diabetic, so I don't eat much sugar anyway...I clearly have super weak teeth, haha.

It's better to have fillings than get painful tooth decay, I guess. :s-smilie:
Reply 2363
Hey guyss!
Name: Lauren
A Levels: French, History, Law
Uni: ULIP Firm - ABB

I'm ****ting myself for these results. I don't think it sunk in whilst I was doing my exams that these change my WHOLE ****ING LIFE. Otherwise I'd have revised harder.
Original post by laurenzooo

I'm ****ting myself for these results. I don't think it sunk in whilst I was doing my exams that these change my WHOLE ****ING LIFE. Otherwise I'd have revised harder.

Im sure you've done ok. Trust me,its worse when you realise the importance of the exams whilst you're doing them; especially when your mind goes blank on one and all you can think about is if you get this wrong,then its goodbye uni :stress:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by laurenzooo

You are not alone.
Need 320 points but already have 70 from a scheme my uni does, so only need 250 from 4 A levels

At AS I got BCCD so should be fine!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Groat
Thanks. How are you!

I'm fine thanks :smile: How's your summer been so far?
Reply 2369
I'm fine thanks :smile: How's your summer been so far?

Steady. I haven't gotten into a productive routine yet. :s-smilie:
Groat, where are you applying, and for what subject? :smile:
Success, finally got a job to distract me from thinking about results :wink:

Although I do have to wear a hideous red waistcoat thing.
Original post by halie:)
Hey! :smile: Firmed UEA for Ecology ABB and Reading as insurance
So scared about results :cry2:! The awkward thing is that the 16th (results day) is the day before my 18th birthday... **sigh**

Ouch :frown: At least it isn't on your birthday :smile: It seems as though you'll either be extremely happy or quite disappointed.

UEA is a great Uni though :cute: good luck!
Reply 2373
Original post by wibletg
On the plus side - if you get in to your Firm then you can go and get absolutely trollied the next day? :tongue:

I guess all the more reason to hope for the best then?:h:
Reply 2374
Original post by Llewellyn
Ouch :frown: At least it isn't on your birthday :smile: It seems as though you'll either be extremely happy or quite disappointed.

UEA is a great Uni though :cute: good luck!

True :smile: it is brilliant...where do you hope to go/study? Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 2375
Hi there!

Name: Nadine
AS Levels/A Levels: A in Lit, A in English Language, A in French and D in Law :rolleyes:
UCAS (firm & insurance, required grades, if applicable): York firm, AAB (:love:), Kent insurance ABB.
I already know I have an A* in Lit because I did my exam in January, and at least an A in Language but I retook it so who knows :smile: Awaiting my grade in French, for which I'm terrified!

Also, results day happens to be the day after my 18th.... so my friends and I will either be the walking dead with hangovers or rocking up to school still completely trollied :tongue:
Original post by halie:)
True :smile: it is brilliant...where do you hope to go/study? Good luck to you too :smile:

Thanks :h: I'm in year 12, so I probably don't belong here actually :lol:

But I'm mildly curious about everything, so I'm just lurking. I've only had the experience of my brother going through the process. I hope everyone gets the results they are looking for though.
Hey Groat I love the new wolf picture :biggrin:

Hey man.

:sexface:
Reply 2378
Thought all my exam-style stress was over, but it's just transferred elsewhere - like my job interview tomorrow :/ Hope I get it, really need the money to get me through uni(if I get in that is)!

(it's only Subway so I probably shouldn't stress so much. Any tips?)
Reply 2379
Original post by Llewellyn
Thanks :h: I'm in year 12, so I probably don't belong here actually :lol:

But I'm mildly curious about everything, so I'm just lurking. I've only had the experience of my brother going through the process. I hope everyone gets the results they are looking for though.

Why lurk? This thread is for AS-Level people too, and there were loads of us on last year's thread.

Latest