The Student Room Group

Dwp executive officer role

Hi,
I have applied for EO role recently, did my situational judgement test and submitted 500 words personal statement.
However unfortunately its been a week not heard anything.
Can anyone please iform me how long it may take?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gorgous84
Hi,
I have applied for EO role recently, did my situational judgement test and submitted 500 words personal statement.

When are the interviews meant to be?
Reply 2
Hi,

Hi,

Try not to worry, I applied for an EO role, completed the SJT and submit a personal statement 16th June 2023 and didn't get invited to a pre-recorded interview until 24th July 2023, over 5 weeks later and almost a month after the closing date for applications. I then didn't hear back from the interview until almost 3 weeks later and am currently 4 weeks into the pre-employment checks. Its a really long process unfortunately.

Good Luck
Reply 3
Hi,

Hiya, all in all I've read the entire process from application to start date can take up to 5 months, so don't worry if it has only been a week sorry to say but there is much more waiting involved. I applied at the start of June and I'm still undergoing pre-employment checks. I got the results back from my STJ the next day but then it was a months wait to be invited to the pre-recorded interview. Some parts of the process feel really quick and others are just a long waiting game with very little communication :frown: Just hang in there and best of luck
Any update? (I’m on week 5 of pre employment checks)
Reply 5
Hi,
Yeah I had an update about a week ago to say that I have passed a situational judgement test, and my application will be going to the next stage.
However I have not heard anything since.

Meanwhile there were other vacancies in the northwest area, which were ideal, because it would have been near my house but unfortunately when I tried to submit my application last night, I was not able to do so because it said the vacancy have timed out unfortunately.
I am so dissappointed
Reply 6
Original post by Mypandameows
Any update? (I’m on week 5 of pre employment checks)

I believe I'm week 7/8 :frown: still undergoing pre employment checks. If you haven't already it may be worth giving the recruitment team a call and seeing if there is anything holding it back, I did this about 2/3 weeks ago and found out they were waiting for one more reference. I was able to call my old job and get that sorted out. I mean I'm still waiting but at least I know there's nothing left for me personally to do!
I’ve rang DWP SSCL again today, they said pre-employment checks submitted on 23/08/23, pre employment info / dbs received on 04/09/23 and that’s the date checks started on their end. They said there’s nothing outstanding on my end, looks like the have everything they need but I’ll just have to wait. So technically I’m on the 19th working day of pre employment checks even though it’s been 43 days since I submitted my pre employment info
Reply 8
If my checks do not technically start until I get my DBS I may just lose my mind as it has already been 2 months since I submitted all of my pre employment check information
Reply 9
Original post by mondav
If my checks do not technically start until I get my DBS I may just lose my mind as it has already been 2 months since I submitted all of my pre employment check information

Have you received the email from uCheck when they started your PECs? I think that's the platform they use for the DBS.
Bless you! Hope it’s sooner, the wait is excruciating 😭
Reply 11
I’ve rang DWP SSCL again today, they said pre-employment checks submitted on 23/08/23, pre employment info / dbs received on 04/09/23 and that’s the date checks started on their end. They said there’s nothing outstanding on my end, looks like the have everything they need but I’ll just have to wait. So technically I’m on the 19th working day of pre employment checks even though it’s been 43 days since I submitted my pre employment info

We have basically the same timeline and i done the exact same thing yesterday and they told me the same. Theres nothing left for me to do on my end but I just have to wait, they are unable to see exactly what the vetting team is still waiting for because it seems everything has been done and they have not asked me for further info. I received provisional offer 24/08 and checks began 05/09.
Original post by CeeCee05
We have basically the same timeline and i done the exact same thing yesterday and they told me the same. Theres nothing left for me to do on my end but I just have to wait, they are unable to see exactly what the vetting team is still waiting for because it seems everything has been done and they have not asked me for further info. I received provisional offer 24/08 and checks began 05/09.

Omg twins haha!!! I guess the positive is that no news is good news, hoping we’ll get our start dates soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything!!!
Reply 13
Omg twins haha!!! I guess the positive is that no news is good news, hoping we’ll get our start dates soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything!!!

🤞🏽honestly! The vetting team did tell me that they aim to complete checks within 25 working days and it hasnt been 25 working days yet😩 im keeping my hopes up that our start date will be in November.
Reply 14
Original post by ellp510
Have you received the email from uCheck when they started your PECs? I think that's the platform they use for the DBS.

No I didn't get an email and I've called to ask about it and just been told to wait and keep an eye on emails
Reply 15
Original post by mondav
No I didn't get an email and I've called to ask about it and just been told to wait and keep an eye on emails

That’s strange, they should’ve applied for it right when they started the checks. This is what they might be waiting for. I would call again and try to chase it up. I’ve noticed some people are more helpful than others over the phone.
Reply 16
I would say keep calling as I’ve had mixed responses. Lots of people give the standard response or not being able to give an update. However, sometimes I’ve had a really helpful update as it turns out they are waiting for things that I could speed up
This is my time line if that helps:
15/06 - completed application
16/06 - Invited to SJT
28/06 - received results
17/07 - Invited to interview
07/08 - application update and provisional offer
30/08 Email to say pre employment checks are being completed

Still waiting for checks now
Reply 18
Original post by ellp510
That’s strange, they should’ve applied for it right when they started the checks. This is what they might be waiting for. I would call again and try to chase it up. I’ve noticed some people are more helpful than others over the phone.

I had an email today of a DBS notification finally! I've been calling around once a week to ask for an update or to ask if I need to do anything but I got an email from the vetting team saying one of the post codes on my address history wasn't correct. Bit annoying that it takes so long but at least thats done. Fingers crossed that the DBS comes in the post soooooooon :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by mondav
I had an email today of a DBS notification finally! I've been calling around once a week to ask for an update or to ask if I need to do anything but I got an email from the vetting team saying one of the post codes on my address history wasn't correct. Bit annoying that it takes so long but at least thats done. Fingers crossed that the DBS comes in the post soooooooon :smile:

Ah it's amazing to hear they've finally sorted it out. Let's hope our wait is almost over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending