The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Athletics is not that far too go now :teeth:
Original post by Hugues*
The only thing I'm looking forward to in the athletics is Usain Bolt's performance, I want to see a new WR.

Forget new world record, I want to see him actually try for the whole race this time :awesome:

Egelstaff's doing okay in the badminton, won the first set, lost the second, and it's now 7-7 in the third.

Edit: Never mind :colonhash: Egelstaff loses the third set 21-12 and the match.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 822
Haha true. If he puts all his effort in I think he could pull a 9.0s
Reply 823
C'mon Susan! :biggrin:
Reply 824
Yup. Things aren't looking too good now though.
In other news, Great Britain are getting schooled in handball against Sweden, score's 5-13 :lol:
So excited for the gymnastics team finals. I've waited for this moment for four long years! Couldn't sleep at all last night.
Original post by ladymarshmallow
So excited for the gymnastics team finals. I've waited for this moment for four long years! Couldn't sleep at all last night.

I'm really looking forward to it as well - does it start at 4.30?
Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm really looking forward to it as well - does it start at 4.30?

Yes! :biggrin:
Reply 829
Original post by ladymarshmallow

Seriously?

You one of the gymnast?
A bronze maybe :biggrin: but America and China have pretty much clinched Gold and Silver unless they mess up :tongue: Russia could get in the way :frown:
Yes!! Uneven bars!
Reply 832
Perfect final run from Zara, completed the course in the best time yet.
Original post by Jamstar
Perfect final run from Zara, completed the course in the best time yet.

Yeh that was fab!
Original post by R.J. Omega
Forget new world record, I want to see him actually try for the whole race this time :awesome:

Egelstaff's doing okay in the badminton, won the first set, lost the second, and it's now 7-7 in the third.

Edit: Never mind :colonhash: Egelstaff loses the third set 21-12 and the match.

Would really be surprised if there's a world record in the 100m, combination of things make me seem skeptical about one being set. Last Olympics the 3 main runners were pushing each other and they were really coming into form, if I'm not wrong they broke the record shortly before the olympics and then well Bolt went and smashed it. That race we had 3 runners pushing each other and they were in form, right now i think the only person in form is Blake. Bolt is not currently at his best but if he races at his best he will win. Gay well hes raced twice in the last year so cant really gauge it, as for Powell hes going into this with an injury. Another thing is the whole disqualification after a false start it will play on a few peoples mind especially Bolt, they wont want to risk it and may be more cautious.

Thinking they might get a bronze at most, can't see them beating Russia, USA and China but Beth Tweddle could get a gold in Bars.
Well, Murray's won. I really hope he can make the final; hopefully there won't be another disappointment there.
Ooh the show jumping is going pretty well for TGB, go onn.
Diving is really fun to watch, especially the women with all those bums.
Reply 838
Equestrian is so exciting !
Original post by dinrah04
Ooh the show jumping is going pretty well for TGB, go onn.

Is this the individuals now? We have two medal hopes, right?

Latest