The Student Room Group

Which two out of Edinburgh, UCL and Bath should I apply to for computer science?

I am definitely applying to Cambridge, Imperial and St Andrews but I'm struggling to decide on my last two universities out of Edinburgh, UCL and Bath.
I'd apply for second year entry at Edinburgh.
Just after people's opinion on the cities, the universities, and their computer science courses.
(edited 4 years ago)
edinburgh’s CS department seemed really good when i visited - they had some really good modules and the building was nice. it’s also very high in the world rankings - if world rankings matter to you, i’d go for ucl and edinburgh :smile:
Reply 2
just a quick question , may i ask what is your predicted grades?
My first thought was why would anyone apply for st As for CS over Edinburgh tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by DD_vendz
just a quick question , may i ask what is your predicted grades?

I’ve been predicted 4 A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by samLubrano
I’ve been predicted 4 A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry

help we are the same pers. same predicted grades same subjexts and basically same unis
Which of those is your safety option incase things go a bit wrong? You have a lot of competitive courses there, which is risky.
Hi there,

I can provide some insight into bath. Bath is a beautiful city, the views and walks are incredible and there are lots of things to do, restaurants etc. Almost everything is within the city centre so easy to walk to and the transport links are super easy, frequent and cheap. The nightlife is on the quieter side but there are always lots of student socials, a few clubs and Bristol is just next door by train or bus.

The university also has a lot to offer. There are hundreds of societies to join for free which are great to build a hobby/meet new people with no pressure to commit every session. Bath is also very sporty so if you are interested there are tons of facilities including an Olympic swimming pool, running track, equipped gym etc. The university also has a lot of services such as financial support, well-being and academic tutors/mentors to assist you through your degree.

I can't speak much on the course but I would recommend having a look online at the individual modules the universities offer and see if there are any which call out to you in particular.

Good luck making your decision,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
This is a 4 year old thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending