The Student Room Group

UEA vs RHUL

Hey! I’m gonna be applying through clearing ( I’ve decided to change courses to International Relations). I’m an international student so your input would be appreciated! Should I go to RHUL or UEA? ( main concern about RHUL is ive heard it’s dead & lacks diversity)
I’m also waiting for York to reply, & Glasgow said I could be considered.
Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by dhuvas
Hey! I’m gonna be applying through clearing ( I’ve decided to change courses to International Relations). I’m an international student so your input would be appreciated! Should I go to RHUL or UEA? ( main concern about RHUL is ive heard it’s dead & lacks diversity)
Thanks!!

I would say UEA is slightly better but york and Glasgow are miles ahead of both. RHUL is diverse so don't worry there. But yeh glasgow and york are just world class, can you not visit any of the unis?
Reply 2
Original post by finnianF
I would say UEA is slightly better but york and Glasgow are miles ahead of both. RHUL is diverse so don't worry there. But yeh glasgow and york are just world class, can you not visit any of the unis?

Hi,
So I just found out I’ve been accepted into Glasgow!! I’m very excited though I am waiting for Liverpools and York’s replies before making a decision.
Thoughts on mentioned unis?
Also I wish I would be able to visit but I’m from Australia so a plane ticket would cost a fortune ahah
Thanks again mate
Reply 3
Original post by dhuvas
Hi,
So I just found out I’ve been accepted into Glasgow!! I’m very excited though I am waiting for Liverpools and York’s replies before making a decision.
Also I wish I would be able to visit but I’m from Australia so a plane ticket would cost a fortune ahah
Thanks again mate

well done mate , yeah Glasgow is probably the best there followed by York then Liverpool then uea then rhul. Though the first three are Russel group which some people value highly so the gap between the first 3 and the last 2 is worth considering. Though I would say anything less then Glasgow or York wouldn’t be worth it. You can always look at the uni rankings list in the uk (complete uni guide) And QS world rankings for a decent idea of where’s best. Not 100% accurate lists but worth looking at. Glasgow is too 100 in the world if I Remeber with York being up there as well. The drop off to Liverpool, uea and rhul is quite big though they’re all good unis: we’ll done again
Original post by dhuvas
Hi,
Thanks again mate

Congratulations!! I’d say Glasgow have the best reputation of the unis you’ve applied to. Perhaps have a look at any virtual tours/videos to get an idea of the vibe and campus/city life before making a deciding.

And gosh yeah flight prices are crazy atm. I’m UK domiciled but originally from NZ - it’s so expensive to go home 😭 so that’s something to consider generally as well. If anything happens it would be expensive to return to Australia particularly at short notice
Original post by dhuvas
Thanks!!

Hey @dhuvas :smile:

Sounds like you've got some fantastic offers from some solid universities! I actually went through clearing for my undergraduate degree at UEA and am so happy that I did because it really is a great uni with a wonderfully green campus! For me, I reviewed the course outline and the modules they offered over the course of 3 years and really liked the fact that I could choose what I wanted in 2nd and 3rd year to tailor my degree to what I wanted and the fact that I could choose modules from different schools, like Spanish or Media, made my degree even more attractive. Also, the fact Norwich is such a nice city with independent cafes, shops and market stalls makes it a really exciting place in the UK to live. And we're not too far from the beach or London which is an added bonus! As a Top 25 UK University (The Complete University Guide) you can enjoy a well-rounded uni experience from both the academic and social side with over 200 clubs and societies to join and a Sportspark with a climbing wall and Olympic size swimming pool!

You can view our campus through our virtual open day and get a real feel of what it's like here! If you have any questions about UEA or student life in general feel free to ask!

Hope this helps :smile:
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending