The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentlife
That things gone viral recently hasn't it...

Anybody done the C3L6 chemistry challenge. They made fun of it really well! :lol:

The second sentence is phrased very badly I know, but I don't want to use vulgar language...

I didn't do the paper, but I did take part in the monthly challenges! Definitely getting a mention in my SAQ, I am pretty proud of my place :biggrin:
Original post by Arva
I wasn't sure if you were making a joke or not, because of the :teehee: face- I do know what a split infinitive is though. :tongue:

Why are they bad? I thought it was heels that can damage your feet.

I'm pretty good thanks, tired and slightly hungover but definitely coping. :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067153

That's the symbolic maths guy.

Well, since they have no support and your foot is so close to the ground, your foot just slides around and you may as well just run on concrete. Can result in all sorts of foot conditions supposedly :tongue:

I have ordered these :smile:

Why the hangover? Party?
Original post by Oromis263
I didn't do the paper, but I did take part in the monthly challenges! Definitely getting a mention in my SAQ, I am pretty proud of my place :biggrin:

:congrats: I kind of failed the paper. :emo:
Original post by Mollymod
Oh you do German A Level? What exam board are you? I'm taking it to A2 this year alongside Biology and Chemistry :smile: Lucky for me, I don't have German homework, which is actually quite rare, since Language teachers seem to go overboard with the whole homework-setting thing. Good old 'night before' homework. That's the best kind :tongue: Teachers seem to be calming down on the homework though, which is nice. Except, they're like "If you fail, it's not our problem" XD Which still motivates me to try to get the homework done, but at least there's no more detentions!

Yes indeed, it soared by. To think, a year ago, I had just finished GCSEs, and I'm already moving onto A2s. It's madness :eek:

AQA :smile: You? I'm thinking of dropping it though, I just need to ask the universities before I decide because they may not be happy with me just doing Further Maths and Physics next year, and if I get offers, I don't want a chance of them being four grades :frown:

I probably get the most homework from German :tongue: I don't think got any Maths or Physics homework :ninja:

Very true it wasn't very long ago that we were preparing for GCSEs :tongue:
Can I like ummm... infiltrate my way into this thread :colone: I am starting year 13 so yeah...
What's everyone taking at A2 then? Me personally I'm taking English Language :'( ICT and Psychology and looking to apply for applied psychology at uni
Reply 2666
Original post by berryripple
Well, since they have no support and your foot is so close to the ground, your foot just slides around and you may as well just run on concrete. Can result in all sorts of foot conditions supposedly :tongue:

I have ordered these :smile:

Why the hangover? Party?

I've actually heard that barefoot running is much better for your feet than wearing soled shoes because it allows natural cushioning and movement. Hmmm...

Those are quite nice. :yes:

Indeed. :tongue: All better now though.
Original post by Arva
I've actually heard that barefoot running is much better for your feet than wearing soled shoes because it allows natural cushioning and movement. Hmmm...

Those are quite nice. :yes:

Indeed. :tongue: All better now though.

I think it depends on the surface. For grass and sand and what have you bare feet are fine, but I think for concrete, which is where I'll be most of the time, I think I need something sturdier :smile:

Thank you :smile:

And good, get some fruit & veg down you :biggrin:
Reply 2668
Original post by kieran1502
What's everyone taking at A2 then? Me personally I'm taking English Language :'( ICT and Psychology and looking to apply for applied psychology at uni

I'm taking English Lit, RS and French and I want to apply for law :smile:
Original post by kieran1502

I do the IB and I'm taking HL philosophy, English and History, SL maths, physics and German. I want to apply for philosophy :smile:
Reply 2670
I think it depends on the surface. For grass and sand and what have you bare feet are fine, but I think for concrete, which is where I'll be most of the time, I think I need something sturdier :smile:

Thank you :smile:

And good, get some fruit & veg down you :biggrin:

Fair enough, are these for everyday use then?

No problem.

It's all about the full English breakfast :tongue:
Original post by Arva
Fair enough, are these for everyday use then?

No problem.

It's all about the full English breakfast :tongue:

yeah pretty much.

Fruit and veg is good for a hangover!
Reply 2672
Original post by Theafricanlegend
Where are you aapplying to? and what for? :biggrin: I'm still very impressed! And we got similar GCSEs as well, so your achievement is brilliant!

I'm applying for computer science but I'm not sure where. I appreciate the sentiment (not sure if that's the right word) but it's really not all that :colondollar:

Original post by --emma--
Fine thanks, As in them all (apart from a B in my Spanish oral). :biggrin:
Ooh, gap year - have you thought about what you'll do? Work, travel, etc?
Oh, we should swap. I'd love medical. :sad: 2/3?! I don't know how many we'll have, probably around 10. I'll be the only girl this year, my friend's dropped it. I'll have to do work! :tongue:

Well, you've got another year. Ah, yeah, I'm trying not to think about the fact that this time next year I'll be preparing for university. :s-smilie:
Really really good, loved it. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo: :jive:
Oh wow, my sentence was a bit illiterate there. I meant to say, I might decide on going for a gap year. I want to se the world, do volunterring for charity, etc. :yep:
Is there not anyway you could get out of applied? If all else fails, you could self-teach and slyly get your exams officer to enter you for medical at the last minute :teehee:
Yeah, um, results aren't really that good at my college and physics isn't that popular anyway (we had 15 peeps in AS) so a lot of people are dropping physics or resitting y12 :dontknow:

Talking about being scared, I'm also scared of losing touch with all my friends. I've already realised there's so many people I've drifted apart from :frown: :frown:

Glad you've enjoyed yourself :smile:

Original post by silentlife
I know a little C++ and I am attending online python and algorithm classes...

Do you mind me asking what algorithms course this is? :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
I'm applying for computer science but I'm not sure where. I appreciate the sentiment (not sure if that's the right word) but it's really not all that :colondollar:

Well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo: :jive:
Oh wow, my sentence was a bit illiterate there. I meant to say, I might decide on going for a gap year. I want to se the world, do volunterring for charity, etc. :yep:
Is there not anyway you could get out of applied? If all else fails, you could self-teach and slyly get your exams officer to enter you for medical at the last minute :teehee:
Yeah, um, results aren't really that good at my college and physics isn't that popular anyway (we had 15 peeps in AS) so a lot of people are dropping physics or resitting y12 :dontknow:

Talking about being scared, I'm also scared of losing touch with all my friends. I've already realised there's so many people I've drifted apart from :frown: :frown:

Glad you've enjoyed yourself :smile:

Do you mind me asking what algorithms course this is? :smile:

Not at all - This
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2674
Original post by bananarama2
Aye. Kind of awkward story.

Alright. I've been laying off the maths largely. How have you been?

I'm intrigued :holmes:

Really? I'm quite surprised there tbh :colondollar: Not too bad, mate. Dreading going into y13 (can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away :eek3:) but otherwise I'm fine. Started your PS yet? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh btw, there's space in my PM inbox now :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by arnoob
Can I like ummm... infiltrate my way into this thread :colone: I am starting year 13 so yeah...

Please don't kill us! :cry2:

Spoiler

Reply 2676
yeah pretty much.

Fruit and veg is good for a hangover!

So are eggs, though of course only in the case of mild hangovers (you won't be able to stomach them on a bad one). Alternating hot and freezing cold showers and chocolate milk are also great. :lol:
Original post by Arva
So are eggs, though of course only in the case of mild hangovers (you won't be able to stomach them on a bad one). Alternating hot and freezing cold showers and chocolate milk are also great. :lol:

How much do you recommend starting deadlift with?
Reply 2678
I do the IB, HL Film, HL Philosophy, English Lang & Lit, Spanish Ab Initio and Maths Studies. Applying for Film Production :smile:

To all you fellow students in the UK or wherever, Ive started year 13 already, and they just bombard you with university sh!t and last day of the year and prom and exams... as if we haven't been thinking about university stuff throughout the summer... anyways, good luck to all of you and KCCO!
(edited 11 years ago)
Is it possible to write a good PS without putting "since I was <insert young age here>/young..." owtte...:s-smilie:

Latest