The Student Room Group

*Official University of Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2013*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Midnight_sun
Wow!! They must have really liked you! Well done! You obviously deserve it. I had my iv in feb, still not heard back :frown: i wish they would hurry up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liked me enough to overlook the fact that I can't spell hair, haha.

I hope it comes through for you - is Manchester your first choice? We could be class mates!
Original post by Bonzo10
Conditional from Manchester! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations !! :smile:
So is this your first choice?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Bonzo10
Liked me enough to overlook the fact that I can't spell hair, haha.

I hope it comes through for you - is Manchester your first choice? We could be class mates!

Haha where did you write hair? In your ps?
Did you come out of the iv feeling you did really well?

I hope so too, manchester is my first choice. Hopefully we will be class mates next year. :smile:
Im not losing hope just yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
conditional offer :biggrin:

just got an email from admissions offer! sooooooooooooo happy :smile:
Reply 324
Haha where did you write hair? In your ps?
Did you come out of the iv feeling you did really well?

I hope so too, manchester is my first choice. Hopefully we will be class mates next year. :smile:
Im not losing hope just yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my initial reply to your comment I wrote "tearing my hear out". I don't know where it'd appropriate to write hair in a personal statement, haha. Can you imagine?

You shouldn't lose hope though. And as for coming out of my interview, I felt like it went ok. By that I mean that I felt there were things that I said that I was worried about after, and things that I said that I was proud of. I thought I was in with a chance anyway.

bubblegum94
Congratulations !!
So is this your first choice?

Thank you!

Well I have an interview at Newcastle on Thursday but I absolutely love Manchester as a city and as a dental school. Newcastle is also awesome. It will be tough to decide.
Original post by Rhiiannaa
conditional offer :biggrin:

just got an email from admissions offer! sooooooooooooo happy :smile:

Congrats! :smile:
When was your iv?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bonzo10
In my initial reply to your comment I wrote "tearing my hear out". I don't know where it'd appropriate to write hair in a personal statement, haha. Can you imagine?

You shouldn't lose hope though. And as for coming out of my interview, I felt like it went ok. By that I mean that I felt there were things that I said that I was worried about after, and things that I said that I was proud of. I thought I was in with a chance anyway.

lolll haha i didnt even realise:rolleyes:, because you said manchester overlooked the fact that you cant spell hair.. so i had the impression you might have talked about hair in your PS :tongue:

Same... I thought some parts were really good esp. the group discussion and some parts could have been better. one of the interviewers said I handled the group discussion well, do you think thats a good indication that he liked me? or was he trying to make me less nervous?
Reply 327
Congrats! :smile:
When was your iv?

Posted from TSR Mobile

February 11th :smile:
Reply 328
Anyone has applied for Pre-Dentistry in Uni of Manchester. ? My interview was on Feb 2013 havent heard anything yet.
Reply 329
I'm getting so impatient now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think they have sent all their offers now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Do you think they have sent all their offers now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think so, because there are still some interviews to go, and I had mine last week. They said we'd find out in a week or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview on 8th April....bit late
Reply 333
I've changed my mind of going Liverpool to Manchester now.
Reply 334
Original post by D4rth
I've changed my mind of going Liverpool to Manchester now.

What changed your mind?
Reply 335
Original post by PhoenixxX
What changed your mind?

Well, mainly to make things easier on myself and to save a hell of a lot of money.

At the end of the day, all dental schools are pretty much the same, you graduate and get a BDS and become a dentist just like everyone else.

My main reasons for going liverpool were the refurbished dental hospital and the more lectures. But I think living in my own city, staying at home (or maybe living out for the first year which I might do) would be a lot more beneficial and make my life much easier.
Just got a rejection :frown:. Had my int in November lol. Long wait for nothing :tongue:. ah well can't complain got one offer out of 4 and 3 rejections. Good luck to the rest of you!
Reply 337
Original post by brother.adam
Just got a rejection :frown:. Had my int in November lol. Long wait for nothing :tongue:. ah well can't complain got one offer out of 4 and 3 rejections. Good luck to the rest of you!

Sorry to hear that, at least you have an offer though! :smile:
When did you get the email? Just now?!
Hopefully u'll all hear soon now. When u get the offers, do join the facebook group, it'll be great knowing who's going. Good luck!!!!!! Xx
Reply 339
Original post by supersanedent
I got an interview on 8th April....bit late

You've got to be kidding me.

Quick Reply

Latest