The Student Room Group

What are your most random fears?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Wilfred Little
Did you ever do that thing as a child where your squish your eyeballs so you see all different colours?

I did :cool:

:yes:
Deadlines
Reply 142
Spiders, giant squid, deep water, that my teeth will rot, and I used to be afraid of stew. :colondollar:
Reply 143
Original post by danielnkwocha
Getting a drink at a fountain and someone coming up behind me and smashing my face into it... it's scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I also hate standing close to a platform edge when a train is arriving if the station is busy.

Looks like we've got issues trusting strangers, huh?
Reply 144
Dolls
People being sick or me being sick
Fear of growing old
Heights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you ever do that thing as a child where your squish your eyeballs so you see all different colours?

Hell no! That's freaky as ****...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by March
Same here. I also hate standing close to a platform edge when a train is arriving if the station is busy.

Looks like we've got issues trusting strangers, huh?

Can't trust strangers at all. Maybe I've seen too many movies but people do some messed up stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Icey things :colondollar:
Pigeons
Trains
Spiders
Diving into/swimming under water
People touching my wrists
Walking alone, outside, in the dark.
Chickens
BT ads featuring a band called 'Electrophobia'
1. Clowns
2. Dolls/Mannequins
3. Some faces eg. in photos etc. (particularly the ones that seem to be staring at me)
4. Dead things

At uni I live near Wollaton hall in Nottingham, first time I went I figured the rooms would be set out like they used to be years ago but no - pretty much filled to the brim with taxidermy animals (look at fear 2 and 4), and I could skirt around the edges of the room of anything, they were literally everywhere :'(.

And the last one is kinda hard to explain but here goes....

5. Swimming over things makes me feel extremely sick whether its just a bobble or patio furniture (people thought it was funny to throw it in once when I was on holiday). And this applies to any body of water, from swimming pools to the ocean.

The only explanation I can find for it is a story in the news when I was little about a little girl drowning because pond weeds wrapped around her ankle so people were unable to rescue her.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ForgetMe
The pictures with holes on people scared me :sad:

Original post by yaboy
wow, that left a horrible feeling in my stomach

lmao, it's not just me then.

I also REALLY CAN'T STAND this -

Literally makes me feel nauseous.
Being a failure and not getting into university...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isaac Newton did a lot worse than that to himself when he conducted the original research! :eek:
Falling down a flight of stairs.
People sneezing on me
Reply 157
I love most insects and bugs, but I am petrified of moths. Moth comes into the room I have to get my boyfriend to capture it in a glass for me because I can't be in the same room as one without having a panic attack. It's ok though, because I get the spiders for him :-P

Also falling, although that's not so random. When I use stairs I have to cling to the banister so that I feel safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
I can't sleep with my bedroom door open due to some weird ass fear of someone coming in at night and killing me. So the door always has to be closed or else I'll be scared for the rest of the night and I won't be able to sleep.
Erm.. I hate butterfly's. They scare me to death. I hate spiders but then who doesn't.
I've got an irrational fear of overweight people, especially in women.

Quick Reply

Latest