The Student Room Group

im 17 and have friends and get no girls

im also always too scared to talk to girls i like, ive never been able to tell a girl i like her because I am a loser

i will likely end up spending the rest of my life alone as a kissless virgin
Hi there,

You should not worry about this as much as you are - you are only just 17! Although, it might seem daunting to talk to girls which are the opposite sex (assuming you are a boy), but in reality, there is nothing stopping you to start talking to them than your fear or worry of it.

What I would recommend you to start doing is simply acknowledge to your female friends or the person you like in a non-verbal and less-settle manner, such as by waiving or just saying "hi" when seeing them somewhere, and then when you feel more confident and prepared, you might ask them "how they are doing" or ask them another question in regards to a common subject you have at school or an interested.

If you act to them nicely and politely, I am sure that they would be happy to engage in a wonderful conversation with you, even if it is only about the weather :grin:.

I myself am 21 years old and had thing there and back, but nothing serious. Obviously I am bumped about it, but hey, what can you do than improve yourself first and then your other half (a significant person) should be a better match to your improved self!

You still have plenty of time. Honestly, it does not matter if you find your "true love" at the age of 17, 28 or at 39. Finding the most suitable person that makes you happy to be with is the most important aspect of a successful and happy relationship. In fact, a step ahead of this is making sure that you first are happy with yourself and by yourself, representing you as a confident individual, which is vital for a stepping stone in your romantic relationship quest/journey.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask me - I am here to guide and help you!

Best of luck with it!
Original post by Anonymous #1
im also always too scared to talk to girls i like, ive never been able to tell a girl i like her because I am a loser
i will likely end up spending the rest of my life alone as a kissless virgin

You want a girl get some education focus on your a levels and get an educational background.
Why do you want a girl? Because if you're a loser, even if you will get a girl, you'll still think you're a loser. In some way or another, you will become insecure about yourself even with a girl, and mess it up. Instead of viewing yourself as a loser, view yourself in a season where you will grow then you achieve what you want. Also tell your friends. The fact you say this online to random people shows me you don't confide in them, but you have to be vulnerable to people so they can be vulnerable to you. That's a part of an intimate relationship. You are more than a virgin. Have your own goals and ambitions because life won't just give you a soulmate. You work hard, enjoy yourself and see what comes to you. Love is an amplifer, not a foundation. Please talk to your friends, when you have a crush tell them because secrets cause depth in friendships due to the trust placed in the person holding the secret. Take risks and DO WHAT YOU LOVE. One day you will find your person, and have kids with them, so don't let this thinking stop you. Lastly, the next time you like a girl, tell her even if you get rejected. The results might not be what you want but what you need and DON'T NEGLECT YOUR STUDIES.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending