The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's a regrettable, but I think ultimately wise decision which you've taken. Although we agreed on very little (:tongue:) during your brief tenure as SG, you showed a great deal of energy and enthusiasm which will be sorely missed by the MUN community.
Reply 2
There was already an election so what happens now? This whole thing makes a mockery of the process and this place.

Shame to see you go
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Sad to see you go so soon. You were doing a pretty good job, even though we agree on basically nothing in the other House :tongue:

I hope to god we get some manifestos...
Original post by Qwertish
Sad to see you go so soon. You were doing a pretty good job, even though we agree on basically nothing in the other House :tongue:

I hope to god we get some manifestos...

We had four last time I think, so think positively. :smile:
Reply 5
Why run in the first place and then make a mockery by resigning days later?
Reply 6
Original post by toronto353

Hm, yea. Maybe Cheese_Monster would run again, and not pull out this time? :tongue:
Hm, yea. Maybe Cheese_Monster would run again, and not pull out this time? :tongue:

I'm assuming that Morgsie will run and possibly Rory so there's going to be three people already. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Morgsie
Why run in the first place and then make a mockery by resigning days later?

I had absolutely no intention of resigning this soon but circumstances between me and certain members of both the Green Party and the MUN render me nye on incapable of running the non-divided community that the MUN should be and given that several members (I'm not naming names but if they want to they are free to come forward) have informed they feel following the said events they can not contribute to an MUN under my leadership, I am left with no choice but to resign. I'd rather not be doing this but it's the best thing for the community in the long run.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm assuming that Morgsie will run and possibly Rory so there's going to be three people already. :smile:

Ry. might magically reappear :colone:. :tongue:
Original post by The Mad Dog
Ry. might magically reappear :colone:. :tongue:

And I wonder why that might be. :tongue:
You can name me you know. You resigned because I said 'I can't continue to function within the MUN with a troll as a leader', which is true. I feel embarrassed and ashamed that I had such bad judgement of your character, and I concede to Morgsie's hindsight on this.

My personal life is considerably back on track, but I will only stand if RoryS or a member of the moderation team holds the election.

Will you be running? Same question goes to Morgsie and to Kiss.
Original post by Cheese_Monster

Will you be running? Same question goes to Morgsie and to Kiss.

I'm considering doing so, but I am unsure at this stage.
Reply 14
You can name me you know. You resigned because I said 'I can't continue to function within the MUN with a troll as a leader', which is true. I feel embarrassed and ashamed that I had such bad judgement of your character, and I concede to Morgsie's hindsight on this.

I'm not a troll, I'm many things but definitely not a troll. I also prefer not to take information from PMs and publicly display it without the other parties permission (unless it's a patronising PM like Miser's) and not naming names was easier. It's also worth noting your not the only person to suggest I resign or your contribution would wane as a result.

Although it may be best if we avoid turning this thread into a rehash of the argument over what happened in the Green Party as I'm sure the mods, and the members here who don't use the MHoC would be thankful of not having to waste their effort on it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
My personal life is considerably back on track, but I will only stand if RoryS or a member of the moderation team holds the election?.

If you want that arranged you can do it via AAM or AASL. I've no interest in pandering to your wants any further than in resigning my position.

It's worth noting here, and I've just checked this in the recycle bin, I cannot edit polls so the scope for me rigging this is non-existent.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Mad Dog
I've outlined my reasons for resigning elsewhere.

With that in mind an election proceeding will now begin to the post of Secretary General.

I'm not sure what has happened with you in regards to the Green Party and the MHoC but I don't see how it's relevant to the MUN. All I know is that you were kicked out or something like that. I'm too lazy to look through the posts.
So it's a shame but if you don't feel you'll be able to continue with the confidence of certain members of the MUN then so be it. Tis a shame, but that's life.
I hope you remain in the MUN in some capacity.
Reply 17
Its a pitty to see you go so soon you were a fine job, please can you clarify one thing for me though how your dealings in the MHOC have adversely effected you in the MuN and led to this?
I think this must be the shortest tenure ive seen in a while :tongue:
By the way what's going to happen with the Historical Hype?

I'm considering doing so, but I am unsure at this stage.

You're obviously going to do it, don't play the "will he, won't he game." :cool:
It's about damn time you ran!
Original post by cl_steele
Its a pitty to see you go so soon you were a fine job, please can you clarify one thing for me though how your dealings in the MHOC have adversely effected you in the MuN and led to this?
I think this must be the shortest tenure ive seen in a while :tongue:

I second that, as I said I'm too lazy to look through the various posts. I demand to be filled in on the gossip. :fuhrer:

Latest

Trending

Trending