The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helzbelz87
ooh is this for any mature students? Ive been accepted for LD nursing and social work course, I cant wait :biggrin:

Yes the mature student mixer is for all mature students. Just turn up at University house on Monday 16th.

Congratulations on getting your place for LD nursing and social work :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Many congratulations to everyone who has had their place confirmed. See you all in September. If you haven't, give us a call on the Clearing line 0161 295 5553.
Anyone else get in even though they completely missed their offer? I'm convinced they've made a mistake!
Reply 843
I've got more than I need for my Mental Health Nursing course but I've had no contact from UCAS or the university. Thrilled but a little bit panicky!
Reply 844
Got my place confirmed this morning for BA Graphic Design.. sooo happy, I met my conditions back in June/July but I heard nothing from the uni/ucas until this morning so I was panicking!

Moving to my flat on Saturday (decided to go private, bit early but plenty of time to get used to the area etc :biggrin:).

Anyone else going for Graphic Design? Yet to meet anyone :frown: can't even find anyone on Twitter, ha!
Got my place for Physics :biggrin:

staying at home though, which I'm sorta regretting, but looking forward to starting :smile:

Hopefully see some of you around :biggrin:
Original post by Apixe
Got my place confirmed this morning for BA Graphic Design.. sooo happy, I met my conditions back in June/July but I heard nothing from the uni/ucas until this morning so I was panicking!

Moving to my flat on Saturday (decided to go private, bit early but plenty of time to get used to the area etc :biggrin:).

Anyone else going for Graphic Design? Yet to meet anyone :frown: can't even find anyone on Twitter, ha!

Congratulations on your place Apixe :smile:

There is a Facebook group for students starting this September where you might be able to find other students studying Graphic Design

https://www.facebook.com/events/126944650844256/
AHHHH I GOT MY PLACE CONFIRMED :')

Casually crying in the middle of Leeds - like ya do :L

stupidly excited to start on Broadcast Journalism now :biggrin: *goes back to being a giddy little kid*
Congratulations SortYourLife! Looks like you're sorted! See you in September.
Yay Rosasaurr! We're giddy too! See you soon!
Is anyone doing Biology?
Original post by jibberjay
Anyone else get in even though they completely missed their offer? I'm convinced they've made a mistake!

Yeah i got in and was definitely not expecting to as i completely missed the requirements but i've had all the conformation emails , I even rang up to double check haha :smile: X
Anyone in Horlock Court House 10? :smile: x
Original post by Clarice95x
Yeah i got in and was definitely not expecting to as i completely missed the requirements but i've had all the conformation emails , I even rang up to double check haha :smile: X

Great stuff Clarice95 well done! Now you can relax and look forward to coming in September! :smile:

Amy
Is there any way I can contact a student whos going into Year 2/3 of Tv and Radio?
is the online registration not working for anyone else??

I can get onto the first page, but as soon as I press next it logs me out and asks me to log in again. Rinse, repeat. Think Groundhog Day :s-smilie:
Hi Rosaaurr, please don't worry. The way it works is that each time you try to register and the system fails it sends us an email letting us know. We are working through each issue in turn, but there are lots of people all trying to register at the same time. When we find out why your attempt failed, we will send you an email saying the problem is fixed and asking you to try again. So just keep checking your email from Monday. In the meantime relax and enjoy the weekend - your place is confirmed :biggrin:
I've got the same email 3 times telling me I have my place aha :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosasaurr
is the online registration not working for anyone else??

I can get onto the first page, but as soon as I press next it logs me out and asks me to log in again. Rinse, repeat. Think Groundhog Day :s-smilie:

I had the same problem, I tried again at 7.00am (when I thought the system would be less busy) and it worked fine.

I then received two different emails telling me it was a browser problem and I was offered two different solutions to try. I didn't need to try either, so maybe the problem was simply due to overload and not my browser?

I couldn't finish the registration process because I got a message saying that my fees could not be calculated and that the finance office would be in touch. I will be in receipt of an NHS bursary so maybe this has created some sort of 'hiccup' in the system.

I am now getting several emails a day telling me to register. Presumably these will stop once the finance office has been in touch and I am able to complete the registration process?
Original post by Pipsqueak8
I had the same problem, I tried again at 7.00am (when I thought the system would be less busy) and it worked fine.

I then received two different emails telling me it was a browser problem and I was offered two different solutions to try. I didn't need to try either, so maybe the problem was simply due to overload and not my browser?

I couldn't finish the registration process because I got a message saying that my fees could not be calculated and that the finance office would be in touch. I will be in receipt of an NHS bursary so maybe this has created some sort of 'hiccup' in the system.

I am now getting several emails a day telling me to register. Presumably these will stop once the finance office has been in touch and I am able to complete the registration process?

Hi Pipsqueak8,

The registration emails are generated automatically so if you have already successfully registered then you can ignore them.

Thanks,
Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending