The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Clearing help

My grades are really bad but I want to apply to Salford for fashion design with foundation, my alevels were in chemistry, physics and maths, I got rejected via their online application is it worth calling them and then calling again on alevel results day when there’s more spaces they want to fill if I don’t get an offer again. I really want to go this year.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by jstar777
My grades are really bad but I want to apply to Salford for fashion design with foundation, my alevels were in chemistry, physics and maths, I got rejected via their online application is it worth calling them and then calling again on alevel results day when there’s more spaces they want to fill if I don’t get an offer again. I really want to go this year.

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about your grades. However I would encourage you to contact the University to check if they can make you a Clearing offer. You can contact them via email or phone. To learn more about what Clearing is and how it works please check out this webpage on UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/what-clearing

I hope this helps!

Matilde
Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Hi @jstar777,

I'm sorry to hear that! Please do give us a ring on our Clearing line 0300 555 5030 and we can take a look into your application and see what options we have - its better to ring earlier in Clearing if you have your grades already instead of waiting for results day, as thats when our courses are more likely to fill up and close!

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @jstar777,

I'm sorry to hear that! Please do give us a ring on our Clearing line 0300 555 5030 and we can take a look into your application and see what options we have - its better to ring earlier in Clearing if you have your grades already instead of waiting for results day, as thats when our courses are more likely to fill up and close!

All the best,
Becky

I called up and the person wasn’t very helpful on what i could do, they just filled in the online form and told me i didn’t have enough points to attend :frown:
I called up and the person wasn’t very helpful on what i could do, they just filled in the online form and told me i didn’t have enough points to attend :frown:

Hey @jstar777,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I definitely wouldn't stop considering university this year if you're really wanting to go - take a look at other fashion foundation years and see what they're looking for, as you might find somewhere that really appeals to you as well! Each university has different requirements, so you might find somewhere that has slightly different requirements?

Do you want to drop us a DM and we can have a chat about it too? We're happy to give advice on next steps, which I appreciate sometimes you might not want to go into lots of detail about on an open thread!

All the best,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending