The Student Room Group

I'm Dutch, ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrEFeynman
Aren't the Dutch the tallest nation on the planet?

I think either Denmark or Norway beats us with that one :wink:
Reply 21
Original post by Plurkie
Music charts are absolutely dreadful. It's even worse than the US charts!

I refuse to believe that! I thought the Dutch were supposed to be clued up about EDM (the decent side of EDM, anyway) :frown:
Original post by Plurkie
Go ahead, I'm bored

In the OCR Biology (A2) book it says that the descending Loop of Henle is slightly permeable to Na+ and Cl- ions, but my teacher says the book is wrong.

Calculate the mass of the sun.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hellomoto170
do you like stroopwafels, and what's the best mayonnaise to put on chips? (or the best sauce) - I had the best ever chips when I went to holland

I do like stroopwafels! I'd say the best mayonnaise is Remia, or whatever the snackbar has 'on tap' because that's usually good too. That mayonnaise is soooo good but soooo bad for you hahaha.
Original post by ElixirOfLife.
In the OCR Biology (A2) book it says that the descending Loop of Henle is slightly permeable to Na+ and Cl- ions. But my teacher says the book is wrong.

Calculate the mass of the sun.

Potato. Potato is always the answer.
Original post by paradoxicalme
Does what happens in Amsterdam really stay in Amsterdam?

Spoiler

Nah that only applies to Vegas. I hope you have a good lawyer.
do you study in England?
Original post by glousck
I refuse to believe that! I thought the Dutch were supposed to be clued up about EDM (the decent side of EDM, anyway) :frown:

We have good stuff but that doesn't show in the charts :smile: They copy everything from the US and add some horrible Dutch music to it, hence the 'worse than the US' remark.
Original post by Secretnerd123
do you study in England?

No, I intend to study in Scotland next year. The reason I joined this forum was because I was looking for information on the process, and look where I ended up now...
Original post by barnetlad
Is the music festival in Groningen in January worth going to?

I really don't know, this is the first I hear about Eurosonic (but that doesn't really say anything because I live under a rock for most of the time). But Groningen itself is a very nice city though, there are a lot of students so you probably won't be bored. :smile:
Unfortunately, I have nothing to ask seeing as I'm from Tilburg myself
What is your opinion on Dutch universities and schooling system in general? Also, is the myth "all Dutch boys are hot" true? :biggrin:
Original post by Plurkie
Go ahead, I'm bored

vind je het leuk Nederlands gesproken met een Engels accent? :biggrin:
Original post by IntoTheWater
What is your opinion on Dutch universities and schooling system in general? Also, is the myth "all Dutch boys are hot" true? :biggrin:

Universities are good, high school could be better in terms of useful skills to learn (I heard that you have to write a lot of essays, which we practically don't do at all)
As for the Dutch boys; I do think we have a lot of hot guys around here :wink:
Original post by Zürich
vind je het leuk Nederlands gesproken met een Engels accent? :biggrin:

Haha yes I think that's adorable. The other way around is really bad though :tongue:
Original post by techno-thriller
Unfortunately, I have nothing to ask seeing as I'm from Tilburg myself

Don't you want to know about my infamous 'cheesehead' culture?
Original post by Reform
Waarom?

Ahahahaha!!! You surprise me all the time!!!

Ohh a dutchie!!!! Woon je in Nederland or in Engeland? Hoe oud ben je? En wat studeer je?
Original post by Plurkie
Haha yes I think that's adorable. The other way around is really bad though :tongue:

When I go to Holland, people think I'm drunk when I speak Dutch. :colondollar: Not sure about that, some of my Dutch family have ridiculously strong Dutchie accents and I think it gives everything a vague comedy value. :biggrin:
Original post by hellomoto170
do you like stroopwafels, and what's the best mayonnaise to put on chips? (or the best sauce) - I had the best ever chips when I went to holland

Can I just chip in for a sec :tongue:. Stroopwafel is absolutely heavenly!! Have you ever tried patatje oorlog? It is a combination chips, mayo and melted peanut butter. I know sounds absolutely vile but is infact gorgeous! :smile:

I miss holland :frown:
Original post by Zürich
When I go to Holland, people think I'm drunk when I speak Dutch. :colondollar: Not sure about that, some of my Dutch family have ridiculously strong Dutchie accents and I think it gives everything a vague comedy value. :biggrin:

I think it's very brave you're even trying! Especially the hard G must sound really weird to
you :tongue: That's just it, I find it too funny to take seriously :biggrin: I don't really like my own accent though, which would be a bit like American. I don't want to learn a British accent though because there are so many and I'll probably insult people all over the UK haha.

Quick Reply

Latest