The Student Room Group

Hypothetical 2013/04 - UN Bombing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Y Weight
Surely that could make this hype difficult given Syria has already blamed Israel for the bombing, are you going to argue a defense case with yourself?

Syria said it wouldn't be surprised, it didn't overtly blame them. Yes I could see the difficulty, but who else is going to step up?
France demands a statement from the Israeli representative. We do not want to do anything rash and would appreciate clarification from Israel as we find it unlikely that Israel would be the perpetrators of such a vile crime.

Zimbabwe is appalled at the crimes committed and as with our Syrian ally, we find this unsurprising if it turns out to be Israel. However we do find it odd that Israel would attack such a staunch ally as the US and especially a region populated by Jewish Americans. We await further information before we decide on our next steps.
Original post by Superunknown17
France demands a statement from the Israeli representative. We do not want to do anything rash and would appreciate clarification from Israel as we find it unlikely that Israel would be the perpetrators of such a vile crime.

Zimbabwe is appalled at the crimes committed and as with our Syrian ally, we find this unsurprising if it turns out to be Israel. However we do find it odd that Israel would attack such a staunch ally as the US and especially a region populated by Jewish Americans. We await further information before we decide on our next steps.

Greece echoes France's statements, but frankly Zimbabwe, we think you are one of the last countries who should be going around pointing fingers. Greece, therefore demands that Zimbabwe thinks very carefully about what she says as any false allegations could easily cause a deterioration of relations
Both The Republic of India and the Swiss Confederation urge or fellow member nations not to act hastily and we urge Israel to release a statement post haste!
Original post by PierceBrosnan
we urge Israel to release a statement post haste!

Greece would like to see this also, and as a nation we would like to ask how long will it be before we are given an update on the situation? It has been some time now, and the more the time goes on, the less effective the response will be.
Original post by PierceBrosnan
Both The Republic of India and the Swiss Confederation urge or fellow member nations not to act hastily and we urge Israel to release a statement post haste!

OOC: They have no rep :tongue:
Original post by Cheese_Monster
OOC: They have no rep :tongue:

OOC: Are there plans to appoint a rep for israel? as they will be fairly important for the hyp the way it is going.
Original post by Moist Penguin
OOC: Are there plans to appoint a rep for israel? as they will be fairly important for the hyp the way it is going.

Not that I know of, I offered to fill the position but I haven't heard anyone else step up to it.
Reply 48
Original post by Moist Penguin

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Not that I know of, I offered to fill the position but I haven't heard anyone else step up to it.

It would be great if someone could step up to the plate and fill this position. I'm writing up the Bulletin now so I'll mention it in there.
Original post by RoryS
It would be great if someone could step up to the plate and fill this position. I'm writing up the Bulletin now so I'll mention it in there.

If no else is willing to do it, I wouldn't mind taking over temporarily for this hype and repping 3 countries. But if someone else wants to rep Israel then I'd rather them do it but if no else will I'll do it.
Reply 50
Original post by Superunknown17
If no else is willing to do it, I wouldn't mind taking over temporarily for this hype and repping 3 countries. But if someone else wants to rep Israel then I'd rather them do it but if no else will I'll do it.

Okay thanks for that, I'll keep you in mind as well as C_M and see if anyone else without so many other country responsiblities wants to take it up otherwise I'll pick one of you two.

Thanks again. :wink:
The Gambia stands by for updates, however we have many of our own internal issues.
Reply 52
St.Kitts is keen to have nothing done and Nevis is ready to operate what little troops they have to the situation as a form of security precaution.
Original post by Qwertish
Newsflash
Israel to blame?

Information is now coming in (or leaking out) at an ever increasing pace. The latest images which we have obtained clearly shows the licence plate of the car believed to be carrying the bomb into the UN Complex. Most obvious are the country code letters "SG", belonging to Israel.

More news on this as it comes.

Malta is shocked that the blame is being pointed so suddenly at Israel. We believe that a full criminal investigation needs to happen before fingers can be pointed at.
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
Malta is shocked that the blame is being pointed so suddenly at Israel. We believe that a full criminal investigation needs to happen before fingers can be pointed at.

Nigeria also believes that a full investigation should be done. However, Nigeria would like to know if there are any nations willing to lead this investigation
Reply 55
The new delegate from Israel would like to stress that it feels these allegations of a supposed attack are extremely unfair. It is being assumed that Israel was involved simply because of a car registration plate - there are, however, numerous reasons why a car bearing an Israeli registration plate may be in America. Israel is disgusted by any and all acts of terror, and fully backs an investigation into the bombing. Israel vehemently denies having any input into this heinous crime.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
OOC: It had been a long day. :P Thanks for that, I've changed it in my original post.

In response to Singapore, Israel kindly requests that it does not lead the investigation. Whilst Israel will happily donate funds or resources to assist the investigation, it feels that because it is being accused, it would be improper to lead the investigation in fear that it could be argued by countries hostile to Israel that the results would be biased.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
Luxembourg would be happy to assist in an unbiased manner in any such investigations that occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexgr97
OOC: It had been a long day. :P Thanks for that, I've changed it in my original post.

In response to Singapore, Israel kindly requests that it does not lead the investigation. Whilst Israel will happily donate funds or resources to assist the investigation, it feels that because it is being accused, it would be improper to lead the investigation in fear that it could be argued by countries hostile to Israel that the results would be biased.

Greece has a suggestion. Israel, we definitely understand your feelings as to why you cannot lead the investigation, which is why we propose a country who is rather neutral towards both the west and the east would be the best candidate to lead this election. Greece suggests either Morocco, Poland, Ukraine or Indonesia.

We do, however, think you need to look into your personal relations with other countries. You have been alleged of a very serious offence, and if you have proof that you did not do it, you need to present it as soon as possible, You need to list your adversaries, and what advantages they could have if they successfully framed you. The sooner this is nipped in the bud, the better.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Greece has a suggestion. Israel, we definitely understand your feelings as to why you cannot lead the investigation, which is why we propose a country who is rather neutral towards both the west and the east would be the best candidate to lead this election. Greece suggests either Morocco, Poland, Ukraine or Indonesia.

We do, however, think you need to look into your personal relations with other countries. You have been alleged of a very serious offence, and if you have proof that you did not do it, you need to present it as soon as possible, You need to list your adversaries, and what advantages they could have if they successfully framed you. The sooner this is nipped in the bud, the better.

France questions why picking an arbitrary country at random is the best course of action for leading a terrorist investigation.

We don't see why the US doesn't lead the investigation, it happened on their soil and as such they should lead the investigation. France will offer their support and proposes a joint task force for the investigation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending