The Student Room Group

Which supermarkets do you avoid?

So if there was an X Supermarket on your doorstep and you had empty cupboards and needed some food desperately, you would still walk a mile or two to another supermarket.

And state why you avoid it/them.

Here's a list of British supermarkets for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supermarket_chains_in_the_United_Kingdom
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady Comstock
So if there was an X Supermarket on your doorstep and you had empty cupboards and needed some food desperately, you would still walk a mile or two to another supermarket.

And state why you avoid it/them.

Here's a list of British supermarkets for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supermarket_chains_in_the_United_Kingdom

For me it's Tesco and yes I would/do.

I refuse to buy from Tesco because they're everywhere, so far in a lot of areas I go to they have completely destroyed business for small business and shops by shoving their tesco express shops everywhere.
Reply 2
Iceland. It's full of frozen ****.

(No offence to anyone who shops at Iceland - I do appreciate the appeal because of the cost of the food but all those colourings and preservatives :nooo:).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by laylarose

I ce what you did there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sammy Lanka
I ce what you did there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuinely only realized it after I'd posted it. I see what you did there too :giggle:
ASDA. I find their slogan of a girl tapping her ass, saying "That's ASDA price" as extremely sexist.

(No offence to anyone who shops at Iceland - I do appreciate the appeal because of the cost of the food but all those colourings and preservatives :nooo:).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01j18bz/Iceland_Foods_Life_in_The_Freezer_Cabinet_Episode_1/
Genuinely only realized it after I'd posted it. I see what you did there too :giggle:

We are comic geniuses. Agree with your original point too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Co-op. It's 5 minutes down the road yet I still walk a mile to both Tesco and Asda. For the better quality supermarket brand stuff, I walk 2-3 miles to Sainsburys! For peach ice tea, I go a mile further than Asda, all the way to Lidl! Anything to avoid Co-op. Overpriced bull**** my ****ing bum. Only when I get a job (which I imagine will occur when hell freezes over) will I be shopping there, but for now, I shall stick to anywhere else!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9

They have really nice spring rolls :awesome:

For me it's Tesco. But generally we only really shop at M&S and Sainsburys.
i avoid everywhere except waitrose :smile:
Reply 11
I avoid Lidl, Aldi, Farmfoods and Iceland. There's a Sainsburys Local not far from me, so I mainly use that. I'd have no issue with using Tesco or Morrisons or Asda too.
I deliberately avoid Lidl and Waitrose for totally different reasons.

Other then that I don't mind... hell my college used to be right next to a Morrison's and I got food there pretty regularly.
Reply 13

Try the vegetarian burgers, they really quite nice. We avoid the Co-op, it is really expensive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Asda.
Aldi :sadnod:
I don't really "avoid" any. I don't care as long as they sell food :biggrin:
Iceland.
They suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I don't particularly avoid any. Co-op is really expensive, but it's the closest 'proper' supermarket to me so sometimes I'm forced to go there (there's a massive Lidl, but they don't have all the stuff I need).
Avoid Morrison's. Only because its the closest to me and I hate the area its in. I would rather walk an additional 10 minutes to Tesco or another 2 minutes on top of that to the Co-op.
I do occasionally go to farm foods though which is near the Morrison's
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest