The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Original post by DirtyHarry01
Ah, ok. Are you not confident of getting any offers? You should be sanguine about it :biggrin: Sorry, I couldn't resist xD

Im ok about studying Law, I'm sure I can maintain a social life during my studies. At least I hope so. Imo you shouldn't only decide to do a degree because its seen as very academic or prestigious, not everyone will enjoy doing a law degree.

Law is actually tricky because it doesn't automatically mean you can be a solicitor/barrister since you have to do the LPC/BVC afterwards which is a one year training course for Solicitors/Barristers, and then you need to get pupillage to become a barrister or try and get a two year training contact if you want to be a solicitor. Training contracts are notoriously competitive.

I haven't gotten my offers yet.

Hahaha that was cute :biggrin: I really hope I get at least one at Aberdeen.

Looks like the situation with lawyers is completely different from that in my country. Everyone can become a lawyer here. As simple as that.

You have no idea how much I enjoy talking to a native speaker. I really needed to improve my skills. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still single lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Audi
Still single lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a car so try not to worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Audi
Still single lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not something to sound sad about :L
Original post by Stormy Seas
:frown:

Where be you located?

Sheffield but I wouldn't go anyway so don't worry about including me hah
Original post by Sanguina
Hahaha that was cute :biggrin: I really hope I get at least one at Aberdeen.

Looks like the situation with lawyers is completely different from that in my country. Everyone can become a lawyer here. As simple as that.

You have no idea how much I enjoy talking to a native speaker. I really needed to improve my skills. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be a comedian right?...maybe not xD

Aberdeen looks lovely, I quite like Dundee as well. My dream uni so far is Sheffield though, really wanna study Law at an RG in a nice city. Plus its near to home.

Yeah. Law is extremely competitive in the UK at the moment which is why there is so much emphasis on getting good grades and a good degree, as well as getting a training contract at a good firm. You have to try really hard to set yourself apart if you want to get into a good firm and progress.

You speak English very well, how long have you been speaking it?
Original post by emobambam
did you have fun at karaoke last night?

still here at 2:11am and loving it
Original post by DirtyHarry01
I should be a comedian right?...maybe not xD

Aberdeen looks lovely, I quite like Dundee as well. My dream uni so far is Sheffield though, really wanna study Law at an RG in a nice city. Plus its near to home.

Yeah. Law is extremely competitive in the UK at the moment which is why there is so much emphasis on getting good grades and a good degree, as well as getting a training contract at a good firm. You have to try really hard to set yourself apart if you want to get into a good firm and progress.

You speak English very well, how long have you been speaking it?

I really hope you succeed in your studies, you seem very ambitious.

Does singing 'Strawberry fields forever' at 5 yo counts? Haha, I've been studying it since I was 8 but usually lacked in opportunities to practice it. Anyway, song lyrics and films helped a lot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where's the new thread? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh, can I, spiral87, create the new thread? :biggrin:
Original post by spiral87
Oooh, can I, spiral87, create the new thread? :biggrin:

Yes yes yes :h:

Think we've all been waiting :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sanguina
You're a car so try not to worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant.
Original post by itssimplyme
Yes yes yes :h:

Think we've all been waiting :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayyy :biggrin: This has been a long time coming. I suppose I start a new thread, and revise the title, and hope everyone will stop posting in those one? :colondollar:
Yayyy :biggrin: This has been a long time coming. I suppose I start a new thread, and revise the title, and hope everyone will stop posting in those one? :colondollar:

Yeah, that sounds like a plan!

Yeah, people will get the drift and see the new thread and we can direct them there by posting a link anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eelnais
Brilliant.

Sarcasm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it genuinely made me laugh. XD
Original post by eelnais
No, it genuinely made me laugh. XD

Hahahah, I'm glad it did :biggrin:
The TSR Personal Statement help section has 38 statements in the queue with 3 days to the deadline, it's gonna rely on some people being super kind and reading mine (which was 33rd in the queue when I submitted this morning)

And considering I'm applying for History without a History A-Level, the chances are remote :lol: It's riding entirely on my personal statement and my 360 UCAS points from 2006, which well, for the courses I've selected are enough, but I'd rather be pessimistic :colondollar:

Make a new fred if you haven't already done so m8
Someone needs to close this thread and create a new one.

Step of it slackers
Original post by RedArrow
Someone needs to close this thread and create a new one.

Step of it slackers

The new one's here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2563774

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest