The Student Room Group

girls, how insecure do you feel without makeup?

i dont feel confident at all without it!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i dont feel confident at all without it!

I don't wear make up at, I have ugly scars from spots. I just deal with it because I know that I have done it to myself.
Make up is there to highlight your features not to give you a new look. :smile: be proud of how you are, if people look don't even give them another look :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by karmacrunch
I don't wear make up at, I have ugly scars from spots. I just deal with it because I know that I have done it to myself.
Make up is there to highlight your features not to give you a new look. :smile: be proud of how you are, if people look don't even give them another look :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you give spots to yourself?
Reply 3
Not much, I don't wear a lot of makeup anyway, just eyeliner, mascara and occasionally eye shadow
Reply 4
I feel uncomfortable without make up to be honest. I know it is silly to feel that way as I know that people aren't going to care but I feel so self conscious!
I too have scars on my face from a condition that causes me to bruise easily so I have to wear concealer for that. If I'm going out without it, I'll have my hair fully down, hiding my face on both sides and will avoid eye contact for the entire day.

Concealer is all I need to feel confident. Eyeliner, mascara and maybe lip gloss are usually extras.

Edit: these aren't simple acne scars, the bruises are so badI look almost beaten up without concealer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't wear make up at all. I haven't got a perfect face, I have marks and spots and whatnot but I'm happy with the skin I'm in :smile:
Original post by adi19956
How did you give spots to yourself?

No squeezing them (sounds gross all of a sudden, which it Is :tongue:), not giving spots myself although I don't use my scrub anymore :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd feel insecure with makeup, since I don't really know what all the products are for or how to put it on :tongue: If I attempt to wear it I feel like everyone is looking at me. Plus I have very sensitive skin, so putting stuff on my face probably wouldn't be a good idea. I can completely understand people who wear makeup everyday though, it's all about what you're comfortable with.
Reply 9
I also have scars on my face from spots, I scar easily, when it's cold the marks go purple :/
I can normally go out without makeup, or a little mascara, feeling confident. I don't feel beautiful but depending on my mood I don't always feel insecure about my face.
Reply 10
I tend to only wear eye make up: eye-liner, mascara and nude shadow. However, I feel really liberated and happier when I don't wear make up. I obviously do this on days where I've had enough sleep and look fresh. Why do you feel insecure?
I don't wear makeup most of the time and I feel completely fine about it. I don't wear particularly heavy makeup when I go out; I love mascara and lipgloss but I avoid foundation because it makes me break out in spots.
Reply 12
Original post by Aramel
I tend to only wear eye make up: eye-liner, mascara and nude shadow. However, I feel really liberated and happier when I don't wear make up. I obviously do this on days where I've had enough sleep and look fresh. Why do you feel insecure?

acne scars and uneven skin
I don't wear make up... don't feel insecure
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm pretty happy to go without, however, I do wear it most of the time. Much like a poster said earlier, I use it to enhance my look.

If I do wear some, I wear foundation and blusher. Or foundation with lipstick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I wish I never started wearing make up pretty much everyday to be honest because they days I would wear make up would be an improvement lol
Reply 16
I don't feel insecure without it. A few years ago I couldn't bare the thought of going out without makeup. Now I'd rather the extra minutes of sleep! I do feel prettier with makeup, but I feel good without it too. Honestly, people won't stare if you don't look perfect without makeup. They don't care.
Reply 17
I don't feel insecure without it, but I do like wearing it.
Reply 18
You can split this into two camps - the secure and insecure.

The former wear it when is reasonable e.g. a little when going outside, but none if it's a quick dash somewhere, and more for nights out.

The latter either wear it all the time, or never at all, feeling that they need it to look good, or they are so ugly that it won't help them.
I feel ok without make-up. I will go to Tescos or to a friends house or wherever without make-up. I don't feel insecure not wearing it because I forget that I'm not wearing any make-up and I don't care what people think.
However I can't go to work without make-up on. I have tried and just can't do it without wearing at least a little bit. I think I look better with make-up on.
I wish I could feel confident enough to go to work without make-up on. It would make mornings so much quicker and I think my skin would look better.

There was a time when I would not leave the house without make-up on. I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest