The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Offer Holders 2014 Entry

Hi all, congratulations to everyone who has received an offer to study Medicine at UCL!!! :biggrin:

I understand that there is already a thread for those who've received offers for any subject at UCL but I thought it would be a good idea to create one that is solely dedicated to Medicine offer holders.

Here we can discuss anything we feel is important: Are you going to firm the offer that you have got? What are you looking forward to most about studying at UCL? Aspects of the course that interest you? Facilities in London that you wish to use and explore?

I would be particularly interested in finding out about whether anyone has commenced their application process for accommodation.
Is there a specific type of accommodation that you are opting for?
Does anyone know which houses/halls are the best for 1st years?

I received my offer on Monday (interview on the 4th Feb) and have firmed it but I'm not sure just yet what kind of accommodation I want to go for.

Lastly, to anyone waiting for interviews or offers I wish you the best of luck and hope you can join the other offer holders soon! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :biggrin:

Well done! I managed to get an offer too! Its my firm choice now,

Where else have you applied and got an offer from?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by amood00
Hey :biggrin:

Well done! I managed to get an offer too! Its my firm choice now,

Where else have you applied and got an offer from?

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Have you started looking at accommodation yet?

This is my main choice so here's hoping I meet the offer in the summer!
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by niniesta96
:confused:

I meant subscribed so I can see what's being said haha, I've got an offer too, dw :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey everyone! Congratulations on your offers and hopefully we will see each other next September!
For those interested, there is also a facebook group for offer holders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/287770328041706/
That said, does it make a difference applying now or later for accomodation? Considering they only assign places after publication of A level results...
Reply 7
Original post by lecsf
Hey everyone! Congratulations on your offers and hopefully we will see each other next September!
For those interested, there is also a facebook group for offer holders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/287770328041706/
That said, does it make a difference applying now or later for accomodation? Considering they only assign places after publication of A level results...

I'm not sure if they wait for A-level results- I think people on gap years can get assigned accommodation any time from July
But I'd like to know too if there's any benefit applying now as opposed to a few days before the deadline!!
Reply 8
Hey, I got an offer too :biggrin: (I've tried to join the Facebook group too)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Ke299
I'm not sure if they wait for A-level results- I think people on gap years can get assigned accommodation any time from July
But I'd like to know too if there's any benefit applying now as opposed to a few days before the deadline!!

Yes, I remember reading somewhere that people with unconditionals get accomodation offers earlier. I wonder if the same applies to people doing the IB and other qualifications, as the results are released in July. I'll probably email them tomorrow to ask!
Reply 10
Original post by BAZ1NGA
I meant subscribed so I can see what's being said haha, I've got an offer too, dw :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah! :biggrin: Congratulations!
Reply 11
Original post by Ke299

Original post by lecsf
Yes, I remember reading somewhere that people with unconditionals get accomodation offers earlier. I wonder if the same applies to people doing the IB and other qualifications, as the results are released in July. I'll probably email them tomorrow to ask!

Hey guys, have you thought about what type of accommodation you might be going for yet?
Reply 12
Hey guys, have you thought about what type of accommodation you might be going for yet?

I was hoping for ensuite but after looking at the prices I can see that's not going to happen! :frown: Definitely putting single room as my first preference though- I really would rather not share!
Reply 13
Congrats everyone :biggrin:

I have my interview on the 5th of March! Was the interview challenging?
Reply 14
Original post by Ke299
I was hoping for ensuite but after looking at the prices I can see that's not going to happen! :frown: Definitely putting single room as my first preference though- I really would rather not share!

What are the rough prices for an en suite?
Reply 15
Original post by Ke299

Ha ha yeah the prices are high- I guess it's because of the L in UCL :wink:

I think I'm with you on having a single room- more convenient :smile:

Do you think you'll be choosing halls or the student houses?
(Sorry for all the questions- just trying to find out what others are choosing as I haven't made my mind up yet!)
Reply 16
Original post by IAmABaws
Congrats everyone :biggrin:

I have my interview on the 5th of March! Was the interview challenging?

As long as you know your personal statement and can expand upon your BMAT essay you should be fine!
Looking positive and enthusiastic also helps too! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by IAmABaws
What are the rough prices for an en suite?

From £179.20- £211.40 per week! However the £179.20 one- New Hall (Caledonian Rd)- is 'unfit for human habitation'.... (google it) so really £192.85- £211.40 per week
Reply 18
Ha ha yeah the prices are high- I guess it's because of the L in UCL :wink:

I think I'm with you on having a single room- more convenient :smile:

Do you think you'll be choosing halls or the student houses?
(Sorry for all the questions- just trying to find out what others are choosing as I haven't made my mind up yet!)

Haha yeah true I guess I was being optimistic by hoping for ~£150 a week!
Definitely student houses- I want self-catered :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Ke299
From £179.20- £211.40 per week! However the £179.20 one- New Hall (Caledonian Rd)- is 'unfit for human habitation'.... (google it) so really £192.85- £211.40 per week

WTF?!?!?:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

My firm offers those rooms for £100 a week :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending