The Student Room Group

The Cambridge Chat Thread's Starter for Ten - 'No, you lose five points!'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
25 hours in exam term, however, for the typical tab, is probably an exceptionally quiet two days.

Speaking of exam term, I was planning to come back and visit Cambridge during the American Spring Break (week of March 31st) but then I realised it's also the Lent-Easter vacation so nobody will be around. :pinch: Well that's that plan down the drain.

But then.... people might be staying for exam revision, but I wonder how many actually will :awesome:

Original post by alex_hk90

Added you on FB btw, hope you don't mind :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ukdragon37
Added you on FB btw, hope you don't mind :tongue:

Sure; accepted - in fact I was just about ask who on here had added me. :smile:
Speaking of exam term, I was planning to come back and visit Cambridge during the American Spring Break (week of March 31st) but then I realised it's also the Lent-Easter vacation so nobody will be around. :pinch: Well that's that plan down the drain.

But then.... people might be staying for exam revision, but I wonder how many actually will :awesome:

Yeah, I'm leaving a bit more than a week late and will probably come back equally early, but you've chosen right in the middle of the holiday there :tongue:

Shame. Are you even tied to term dates, anyway? Or are you teaching all through term time?
Yeah, I'm leaving a bit more than a week late and will probably come back equally early, but you've chosen right in the middle of the holiday there :tongue:

Shame. Are you even tied to term dates, anyway? Or are you teaching all through term time?

Yep I'm fully tied to semesters, and besides the Spring Break I'm committed (to research and other things as well as teaching) until end of semester in late May. I might be able to visit Cambridge then but it's again a bad time since exams are on :tongue:

Sure; accepted - in fact I was just about ask who on here had added me. :smile:

Yep I'm fully tied to semesters, and besides the Spring Break I'm committed (to research and other things as well as teaching) until end of semester in late May. I might be able to visit Cambridge then but it's again a bad time since exams are on :tongue:

May week would be the obvious time. Don't you get automatic tickets to whatever Emma is doing this year? (June event, iirc.)
May week would be the obvious time. Don't you get automatic tickets to whatever Emma is doing this year? (June event, iirc.)

..No? Why would I? :tongue: Unless I am very uninformed. Plus the plan is I would be working in an internship by then (hopefully in the States) so actually it wouldn't be that good a time.
..No? Why would I? :tongue: Unless I am very uninformed. Plus the plan is I would be working in an internship by then (hopefully in the States) so actually it wouldn't be that good a time.

Oh, we get guaranteed tickets the year after we leave, but I've just remembered that that's because our may ball is biennial.

Internship mid phd? I just don't understand how things work :sad:

Well I live in Ely, so... :p:
Oh, we get guaranteed tickets the year after we leave, but I've just remembered that that's because our may ball is biennial.

We get guaranteed tickets as well, but we still have to pay for them - do you get yours for free?
We get guaranteed tickets as well, but we still have to pay for them - do you get yours for free?

I don't think so.

Guaranteed is what I meant. Sorry if 'automatic' made it unclear.
Original post by Craghyrax
Well I live in Ely, so... :p:

I'm rather torn between staying in Cambridge and staying with my parents, as doing both seems to be unnecessarily expensive and the time I have will probably cause me not be satisfied with either. :tongue:

Internship mid phd? I just don't understand how things work :sad:

They are much more common in the States than in the UK, probably because here the PhDs are longer in duration and the summers are officially vacation time (rather than working through the whole year like the UK PhDs, but overall being shorter).
Reply 1451
Does anyone happen to know when Trinity informs people if they have been successful in May ball ticket applications?
Reply 1452
Original post by sj27
Does anyone happen to know when Trinity informs people if they have been successful in May ball ticket applications?

I'm afraid I don't, but do you know whether two names go onto each double ticket, or if the second ticket can go to anyone, please?

Thanks x
Original post by E13
I'm afraid I don't, but do you know whether two names go onto each double ticket, or if the second ticket can go to anyone, please?

Thanks x

Most May Balls allow you to change the name on the tickets for a fee if you do so by a certain deadline.
Reply 1454
Original post by E13

Thanks x

Most May Balls allow you to change the name on the tickets for a fee if you do so by a certain deadline.

As craggy said - I recall seeing something like this in the faq on their page.
Reply 1455
Original post by sj27
As craggy said - I recall seeing something like this in the faq on their page.

Okay, thanks! I'm a bit concerned, because I thought external doubles were non-transferable. Ah well!

Thanks though!
Altos breathing helium? :eyeball: Just get over yourselves and appoint women!
Reply 1458
Altos breathing helium? :eyeball: Just get over yourselves and appoint women!

The video is not entirely serious. Although I guess it is the afternoon now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending