The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

International Fashion Promotion at MMU

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Studentmeg
I went to the applicant day and it was amazing!
I've heard that Victoria halls are the nicest but their partnership accom and smaller flats so don't have as bigger social factor but briarfields has ensuites and bigger flats of up to 7 so bit more of the social factor and en suite!

I've firmed and I think I'm going to apply for briarfields :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you thought it was amazing! Ooooo yeah briar fields sounds good, I think I'll apply for there too :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I went to the applicant day on Wednesday, literally fell in love with everything about it! x
Reply 22
Original post by eilishargument
I went to the applicant day on Wednesday, literally fell in love with everything about it! x

I must have seen you at some point haha!
It looks amazing doesnt it… I'm so glad to have found a course that seems to fall into everything i love to do!

Have you looked at halls yet?

x
I've got a conditional offer with the foundation year!.I haven't been to an applicant day yet, so i'm still undecided, i'll more than likely be going to MMU as the course does sound so good! Pretty excited, looking at accommodation what do people think of Daisy Bank Hall? i'm also looking at Briarfields xx
Reply 24
I also got an unconditional but I was not able to go to the applicant day! Are there any more and if not, can anyone give me a brief run through??
Reply 25
Original post by chess_ka
I also got an unconditional but I was not able to go to the applicant day! Are there any more and if not, can anyone give me a brief run through??

Conditional for it with the foundation year or without?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by vogueegirl
Conditional for it with the foundation year or without?

Posted from TSR Mobile

without
Reply 27
without

Me too! I'm getting so stressed about exams though. I know I only need 260 UCAS points but I didn't put enough effort in my AS's so I've made it quite tricky for myself :frown:
Reply 28
Me too! I'm getting so stressed about exams though. I know I only need 260 UCAS points but I didn't put enough effort in my AS's so I've made it quite tricky for myself :frown:

Don't worry about! I got really bad AS results as well. I know it sounds boring but trust me, if you work really hard, you can get your 260. :smile:
Reply 29
Don't worry about! I got really bad AS results as well. I know it sounds boring but trust me, if you work really hard, you can get your 260. :smile:

Aw thanks! Yeah I am going to try really hard this time and I'm re-sitting 4 exams which should help to make up for it. Have you started revising yet? And how much revising would you recommend doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Aw thanks! Yeah I am going to try really hard this time and I'm re-sitting 4 exams which should help to make up for it. Have you started revising yet? And how much revising would you recommend doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, actually I am doing a foundation course so I have done my A-Levels. My best advice is to become a hermit. I know it sounds silly and wierd, but its only for a couple of months. What subjects are you taking? I might be able to shed some light :smile:
Reply 31
Well, actually I am doing a foundation course so I have done my A-Levels. My best advice is to become a hermit. I know it sounds silly and wierd, but its only for a couple of months. What subjects are you taking? I might be able to shed some light :smile:

Ohh right, what foundation course are you doing?

I'm prepared to put in the work it's just that I lack concentration skills :frown: What methods of revision would you say worked the best for you?

Business studies, Health & Social care, Geography and General Studies

Last year I got a C in Business and Health and an E in General studies and Geography.

I'm resitting both the AS Geography and AS Business papers this year along with my A2's. I need three C's along with my E in AS General studies to get me to 260 UCAS points.
Reply 32
Ohh right, what foundation course are you doing?

I'm prepared to put in the work it's just that I lack concentration skills :frown: What methods of revision would you say worked the best for you?

Business studies, Health & Social care, Geography and General Studies

Last year I got a C in Business and Health and an E in General studies and Geography.

I'm resitting both the AS Geography and AS Business papers this year along with my A2's. I need three C's along with my E in AS General studies to get me to 260 UCAS points.

Right, first off, forget about general studies, it usually is not counted. I also lacked revision concentration. i found, please dont laugh, that talking into thin air (in my bedroom of course) helped me memorise my work. The thing about revision for me personally, is too make as fun as possible. I made up songs to some subjects, did a bit of acting etc. DO NOT worry alot. Plan your revision sessions. half an hour then a break etc. Also, if it is possible, go onto the CGP website and it has loads of revision booklets that REALLY help people, especially me! I did a quick check and they do have books for buiseness studies and geography! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Right, first off, forget about general studies, it usually is not counted. I also lacked revision concentration. i found, please dont laugh, that talking into thin air (in my bedroom of course) helped me memorise my work. The thing about revision for me personally, is too make as fun as possible. I made up songs to some subjects, did a bit of acting etc. DO NOT worry alot. Plan your revision sessions. half an hour then a break etc. Also, if it is possible, go onto the CGP website and it has loads of revision booklets that REALLY help people, especially me! I did a quick check and they do have books for buiseness studies and geography! :smile:

Manchester Met do actually accept General studies for the international fashion promotion course! I'm not going to revise for it because it's pointless but it's given me 20 UCAS points at AS level which does help a little.

Thanks for the tips! I tried the talking out loud one for my mocks this year and it actually worked! I'll take a look at that CGP website now :smile:

What A-Level results did you get?
Reply 34
Manchester Met do actually accept General studies for the international fashion promotion course! I'm not going to revise for it because it's pointless but it's given me 20 UCAS points at AS level which does help a little.

Thanks for the tips! I tried the talking out loud one for my mocks this year and it actually worked! I'll take a look at that CGP website now :smile:

What A-Level results did you get?

I got a B in Classical Civilization and Textiles and a C in History and a C in AS Religious Studies.
Reply 35
I got a B in Classical Civilization and Textiles and a C in History and a C in AS Religious Studies.

That's really good, I would love BCC!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I am sure you will do great! See the as level results as a wake up call 😊
Reply 37
That's really good, I would love BCC!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

my fingers are crossed
Reply 38
my fingers are crossed

Aww thank you! I really hope so! I'm quite regretting not applying for International fashion Promotion with the foundation year as that would have taken a lot of the stress and pressure off :frown: Toying with the idea of applying for that course via UCAS extra :/
Reply 39
Can anyone help me? :|

I've firmed my International Fashion Promotion place, and now I'm so stuck! I have noooo idea what I'm doing about accommodation.. Where is everyone applying to, and have you already applied?

Any help/advice will be appreciated! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending