The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Medicine program 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by winged_scapula
man all this has made me thinking now :confused:. I was planning to study in UK, i guess i might as well stay in USA or try different medical school in UK

Don't be put off the UK, just apply to other established medical schools and you'll be fine :smile: though you will have to wait for next years application cycle now, but one year's shorter than completing a 4 year US degree then studying medicine in the in the US :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
I wonder what buckingham staff has to say about this??? I am sure they are reading this :rolleyes:
Reply 22
I wonder what buckingham staff has to say about this??? I am sure they are reading this :rolleyes:

I wonder too.
Reply 23
The course hasn't been GMC certified but its very similar to the course at Leicester and the prospectus says that it has been derived from Leicester's course so I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a problem to get it GMC certified?
Reply 24
Hey..I am looking forward to apply for MD medicine course...can someone please tell me that is it certified by UK medical council or by MCI(Medical Council Of India).Thanks!!
Original post by Sridevi69
Hey..I am looking forward to apply for MD medicine course...can someone please tell me that is it certified by UK medical council or by MCI(Medical Council Of India).Thanks!!

Just curious why you want to know if it is certified by MCI :confused:.
Any interviews yet??
Original post by Soft Cat
If it doesn't have GMC accreditation or is not listed in the WHO directory then the degree wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on. Until there are indications it has GMC accreditation I would steer well clear. This may be the reason they are recruiting now for January 2015 entry in the hope they get accreditation by then. They were supposed to have a dental school and went as far as making offers only for them to be shut down by the GDC.

Hi, i was told by school staff that every new medical school has to go through GMC process, and once first cohort is graduated, school gets accreditation which i have no doubt it won't.
Reply 28
Anyone in buckingham right now for the interview tmr?
You know the fees are crazy high, do you think the army and NHS could pay for them if you were to go and work for them afterwards?
Original post by sp20075781
Anyone in buckingham right now for the interview tmr?

Are you due for interview tomorrow? If yes, could you please share your experience!!

Cheers!!
Original post by propagation
You know the fees are crazy high, do you think the army and NHS could pay for them if you were to go and work for them afterwards?

As international student fees are comparable to most of UK medical schools ( UCL etc), in terms of if NHS or Army would sponsor you after you graduate i don't know answer to that question.

Did you you apply to program ?

Cheers!!
As international student fees are comparable to most of UK medical schools ( UCL etc), in terms of if NHS or Army would sponsor you after you graduate i don't know answer to that question.

Did you you apply to program ?

Cheers!!

Na, I might next year.
Well it's not, the fees a year in most of the places I have looked at range from 3000-9000 euros per annum.
Na, I might next year.
Well it's not, the fees a year in most of the places I have looked at range from 3000-9000 euros per annum.

which medical school offers 3000-9000 euros fees in UK for international students?
which medical school offers 3000-9000 euros fees in UK for international students?

Not in the UK, I am talking about European uni's.
Not in the UK, I am talking about European uni's.

Ok that makes sense
Reply 36
Anyone going tot the open day in April
Original post by briang1266
Anyone going tot the open day in April

I am invited for interview in april and i believe there is tour listed ss part of that as well!!

is this same for you as well or ?
Reply 38
Hmm all this talk has made me skeptical. Do you guys know that they have a selection process not an interview!? Anyone been to this!
Reply 39
Got an offer for their MBChB. Happy and excited...but also having second thoughts (GMC issue/Student Life).

Still glad i got place though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending