The Student Room Group

ethnic minorities 20-30% by 2050

Ethnic minorities 'will make up one third of the population by 2050' as Britain's melting pot continues to grow

What are your thoughts on this and why? Do you think it's a positive or negative thing? I personally think it's very positive and productive.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not bothered, as long as they act/continue to act like Westerners.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay.
Reply 3
More Indians!!!! Woo

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahahahahahahahaha
people that are genuinely concerned about the loss of the "white race" make me laugh so much
Don't really know what to think; I mean it's just a fact though I'm not sure I'd like to be part of a minority. Though I don't suspect it'll happen in my life time. Overall can't say I'm that bothered as long as their westernised.
Reply 6
I really don't care what race someone is as long as they embody the values of a western society. Why would it matter?
cliffs
- minorities will still be minorities in the future
Reply 8
Original post by PurpleSquid
hahahahahahahahaha
people that are genuinely concerned about the loss of the "white race" make me laugh so much

yeh its hilarious, they think because others are increasing in their percentage of the population, that whites will then be a minority or vanish altogether eventually lol. they have a endangered species mentality.
Reply 9
Just for the record, if you're talking about this absolutely ridiculous 'white genocide' thing, personally I don't care if everywhere becomes a melting pot. Everyone can become a nice bage colour and we can stop with all these BS arguments. :awesome:

I mean really, it's just pigmentation, nothing more. It's not like cool cultures or foods are going to die off.
Don't care. I mean, the England football team is often half or more non white, and I don't think any of us care. There will still be huge areas of the country that are overwhelmingly white (south west, Wales, etc) if it's that important for you to live amongst your own kind.
It seems like 2050 is this catch all term. Like every thing big or scary is going to happen in 2050. Looks like 2050 is going to be a bit of a ****ty year...

I think this video is probably the best way to refute this:

[video="youtube;mINChFxRXQs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINChFxRXQs[/video]

It talks about "Muslims" but you can apply it across lots of different ethnicities/religions

Also, my post a while back:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42435196#post42435196

Again, it talks about Muslims, but I did talk about demographics as well
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Oh no, 20-30%??! What an epidemic!
Original post by Ggmu!
More Indians!!!! Woo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you're joking.
Reply 14
This is good: minorities are becoming not-minorities, or less-minorities.

Basically, if they make up a larger % they're less likely to get slandered, so w00t!
Reply 15
Hey thats great woohoo!
Original post by slade p
i personally think its a very positive and productive development.

Sarcasm?
OUR PLAN HAS WORKED! Mwhahahahaha! Soon your little island shall be ours! All ours! *cackle*
Original post by slade p
i personally think its a very positive and productive development.

It's going to lead to a massive **** storm and is a really bad way to go,
a) It shows that ethnic minorities are having a lot of kids. This is retarded when we need less people as our country already fails at building enough houses.
b) Integration of minorities in the UK is very poor, so expect this to create more cultural divisions and tension.
It depends entirely on whether these people come to view themselves as principally British with other influences, or principally a foreign nationality with some tangential attachment to Britain. I'm quite hopeful that the British influence will win out for at least all but the muslim population. The high rate of intermarriage and consequent large "mixed" population is very encouraging here. The worst thing we could do is follow the US and form racial voting blocs.

On the other hand, I see very little benefit for the tremendous social and political risk we've taken on. I wouldn't mention it if not for all the sheep-like "It's in many ways [which?] very good." posts that clutter all these threads. Without ethnic minorities Britain would be very much the same sort of place but just with a somewhat smaller population. Mass immigration may well prove to be relatively benign but it's certainly not especially useful to the incumbents. The prime beneficiaries are by far the immigrants themselves. It's certainly worth asking why we risked fragmenting our society for the sake of increasing the size of foreigner's pay packets - I suspect the answer will sound rather more like a Daily Mail editorial than most would prefer.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending