The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harvey.Specter
Is Moyes still pulling the strings at the club or what. McCarthy? Really?!

Edit: The story got deleted btw

He's far better than what United currently have in midfield.
For **** sake. This club is turning into the laughing stock of Europe. Van Gaal you arrogant fool, decides Kroos isn't good enough, then wants to sign JAMES MC ****ING CARTHY, An Everton player. ANOTHER TOM CLEVERLEY. It's just a joke. I need a club with superstars. We need two midfielders bought this SUMMER THAT CAN DOMINATE YA YA TOURE IN MIDFIELD. HOW STUPID ARE YOU VAN GAAL.

Van Gaal was the wrong choice. He's done nothing for this club. No reason why two world class players can't be signed before the world cup, then another three after. It's so simple. Just get it done.

Luiz is worth about 12-15M in current rates. 40M is a joke. PSG are a joke. French league is a joke. This is the same club that wanted 60M for 27-year-old Cavani, he's worth 18M max.
Original post by Eboracum
For **** sake. This club is turning into the laughing stock of Europe. Van Gaal you arrogant fool, decides Kroos isn't good enough, then wants to sign JAMES MC ****ING CARTHY, An Everton player. ANOTHER TOM CLEVERLEY. It's just a joke. I need a club with superstars. We need two midfielders bought this SUMMER THAT CAN DOMINATE YA YA TOURE IN MIDFIELD. HOW STUPID ARE YOU VAN GAAL.

Van Gaal was the wrong choice. He's done nothing for this club. No reason why two world class players can't be signed before the world cup, then another three after. It's so simple. Just get it done.

Luiz is worth about 12-15M in current rates. 40M is a joke. PSG are a joke. French league is a joke. This is the same club that wanted 60M for 27-year-old Cavani, he's worth 18M max.

Lol. Why are you such a drama queen?
Reply 2363
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol. Why are you such a drama queen?

For effect....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man love ebocarums meltdowns
If Van Gaal turned down Kroos, that seems like a pretty stupid decision. We're in no position to turn down elite midfielders. I am pissed. Unless he goes and gets Fabregas, we're going to get an inferior player. McCarthy is a decent player and would have been a good signing last season. Moyes was an idiot and went for Fellaini when we could have signed McCarthy for half the price. Trying to sign McCarthy this season is stupid, because Everton will want the type of cash we paid for Fellaini.

I always thought the money for Shaw was silly, but signing someone decent is better than nothing. If we lose out on that, too...sigh. I have far more faith in Van Gaal than I had in Moyes, but this has not started well. We need to get something sorted before the World Cup. Leaving it too late is going to screw us over. Other teams are already starting to buy players. They're less in need than we are.
(edited 9 years ago)

He's only been the manager for 5 days ffs.

:lol:
Original post by sr90
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/23/luke-shaw-manchester-united-deal-stalls

Luke Shaw’s prospective transfer to Manchester United has stalled, with the left-back considering his options and determined not to rush into any move from Southampton.

United had believed signing Shaw was virtually a done deal, with much of the work credited to David Moyes before he was sacked as manager, and, though they remain in a strong position, they are no longer the favourites for his signature.

The decision to give Patrice Evra a one-year contract extension, which emerged on Friday and could be viewed as a surprise, may be a recognition from United that the 20-times champions could yet miss out on Shaw.

Well that will teach them not to try to play United. Shaw can either go to Chelsea, stay where he is or come to us and fight for a place. He is just a kid. He needs to learn some humility when talking to the biggest club in the world.
Better for him to stay at Soton from his perspective, but if you end up with Evra with another season..... no words. Eboracum is gonna pass out by the end of this window.
People literally believe anything they read..

I'm pretty sure 99% of the rumours are made up, look at the whole Kroos thing, first was done deal then Van Gaal rejects him then finally Kroos comes out and says he was never going to go United so clearly every single one of those Kroos rumours were untrue.

The James McCarthy rumour also obviously complete rubbish and I'll wait and see what happens with Shaw before I believe another one of these random stories which seem to be changing by the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saf94
People literally believe anything they read..

I'm pretty sure 99% of the rumours are made up, look at the whole Kroos thing, first was done deal then Van Gaal rejects him then finally Kroos comes out and says he was never going to go United so clearly every single one of those Kroos rumours were untrue.

The James McCarthy rumour also obviously complete rubbish and I'll wait and see what happens with Shaw before I believe another one of these random stories which seem to be changing by the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even though I agree that not all of the stories are going to be true, I think there must have been some truth in the Kroos one. This has been rumbling for months and dies as soon as Van Gaal is confirmed. I'm sure there are many deals that are close to being completed, but fail near the end. Probably multiple reasons as to why. Kroos is not going to come out and say that Man United pulled the plug. He will always say that he was never going to join us. Saves face.

McCarthy could be legit. He is a decent player, but he should have been signed last season. Seems pointless to go in now and having to pay a lot more. I don't know about Shaw. If he's good enough for us to sign for £30m and worth giving a teenager £100k a week, he should be confident in his ability to compete with Evra for a year. If not, I question his confidence in his own ability. If anything, he should jump at the chance to be given a year to have Evra around to learn from.

All in all, some rumours are likely made up, but there are others that will be legit, but don't come off for one reason or another. Can't really hold that against the decent journalists that are usually on point.
BREAKING NEWS: (in the style of most rubbish football rumours lol)

Manchester United have still not made their bid for Neil Taylor the highly rated Welsh international left back currently playing at Swansea. Swansea only recently turned down a shattering one million pound bid from Newcastle and extended Neil's contract but many United fans are now hopeful that a mega bid from United plus top wages could persuade the player to join United where he will be a valuable long term replacement for fans favourite Patrice Evra. Neil Tailors agent xxxx said "the lad is obviously top quality". Ed Woodward the United Chief Exec declined to comment. LVG the new United supremo is known to be chasing top flight players to strengthen the squad after the United disappointing seventh place finish in the Premier League last term. After the set back over the long heralded but now shelved Kroos transfer United are keen to make a big marquee signing before the World Cup gets underway.
Holland play Wales in a friendly match in ten days time so LVG can cast his eye over the player at close range.

Ridiculous.

The arrogance is with you and people like you who fail to realise the dire position we are in. Players like Kroos were never going to come, why would he leave a team at the top of the German league who have a credible chance to fight for the Champions League. It isn't the fact that Man United cannot be that team, it is the fact that at the moment we ARE NOT that team, so why you still live in fairy land i have no idea; you were probably better staying a Chelsea supporter if that was what you wanted.

I am sorry but Van Gaal and Woodward need to be realistic here. We do not have the time to be going on a goose chase for somebody all summer who at the end of the day, we all know, is just looking for a pay rise where he currently is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2374
I won't believe any of the rumours, not one. Not even if they say Cristiano is on his way back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Real Madrid go down tonight then anything could happen in terms of players being released.
And they're suddenly going to come to United, because you know everybody wants to join Manchester United?
The quality of this thread has fallen through the floor, its almost certainly the worst of the big threads.
Really cba to follow all the rumours, I'm always left disappointed. Time to hide in a cave till it's all over.
I accept all the criticism. I can't take anymore, it's been hell since Ferguson left. I can't bare the rubbish players and signing Everton/Swansea players when we should be signing Munich/R. Madrid players. I thought this was the biggest club in the world. I'll quit the thread.

Latest