The Student Room Group

How to be British?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Because my family and boyfriend live here. If it was purely down to me, I'd move.

Fairs
Original post by manchesterunited15
Why don't you move abroad?

It annoys me when people say this, not everyone has the finance to move abroad.
Original post by DErasmus
It annoys me when people say this, not everyone has the finance to move abroad.

She does.
She does.

To be fair, I don't on my own, without my family. Like I said though if they'd all agree to it, I'd be in Italy/USA/Tokyo/Spain/Canada before the night's end.
Have at least one British parent or take a citizenship test.
To be fair, I don't on my own, without my family. Like I said though if they'd all agree to it, I'd be in Italy/USA/Tokyo/Spain/Canada before the night's end.

Don't you live on your own (with your boyfriend) anyway? Surely it wouldn't be any more expensive, and cheaper in most of those countries.
Don't you live on your own (with your boyfriend) anyway? Surely it wouldn't be any more expensive, and cheaper in most of those countries.

No, we did rent a flat for a while, but it was too expensive for what it was, so I live with my parents until we can get a house.

Yeah but neither of us will leave our families, and I can't persuade them to come :/ Otherwise I would love to.
Reply 27
Eat Indian curry, drink German beer, use Chinese phone, watch Australian TV, listen to American music, wear Italian clothes, holiday in Spain complain about foreigners.

Spain? Good luck finding a job. Though you're pretty hot so it'll ease it a bit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Mr...
Australian TV? :lolwut:

Neighbours, Home and away,
Original post by Maker
Neighbours, Home and away,

Do people even watch that anymore?
Become a football expert when the World Cup starts
Discuss the weather like there's no tomorrow
Accept that Freddo's are never going to be 10p again ;(
Reply 32
Original post by DiddyDec
Do people even watch that anymore?

Prisoner cell block H.
Be painfully polite and considerate and respectful of others. Play cricket, drink real ale, and eat lots of bacon. Never do anything that might draw attention to yourself such as raising your voice or wearing brightly coloured clothing. Apologise constantly.
Original post by cole-slaw
Be painfully polite and considerate and respectful of others. Play cricket, drink real ale, and eat lots of bacon. Never do anything that might draw attention to yourself such as raising your voice or wearing brightly coloured clothing. Apologise constantly.

Yeah maybe in Oxfordshire..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Invade other countries, sell them addictive drugs and when they object, start a war and seize their land.
Original post by Waka Flocka
Yeah maybe in Oxfordshire..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or indeed any other county ending in "shire", which is like 90% of the country.
Original post by cole-slaw

No brightly coloured clothing? Are you mad? It should be one item of brightly coloured clothing, such as red cords or brightly coloured socks which can be seen peaking under your tweed suit.

Also it is not called "real" ale. It is called beer.
Reply 38
Invade every part of the world, take all its resources, label them part of the "commonwealth", and give them a crap version of the olympic games every 4 years.
Why do people say British?

I live near-ish to the border, and I think English people and Scottish people have some different mannerisms.

Quick Reply

Latest