The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TCdreamer
Don't you have to set it up? Or did you get a link? I got told to contact HR to set a time which I thought was a bit odd for a test...

Ah yeah that's right, just email in asking for the link and they'll send it. It's not the SHL verbal reasoning test - it's a different one but it's fairly similar
Reply 2461
Anyone yet heard back from eversheds London either positive or negative post telephone interview last week - thanks
I have not heard anything back from Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester) yet ... still says under consideration. I am hoping that is a positive thing.

I live in N. America so would like to hear something, before it is too last minute!
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Anyone who's accepted Clyde & Co, and starting the GDL in Sept/Oct?x

Hey! I have an AC at Clyde & Co on Tuesday - would you mind telling me a little about how you found the day and what it entailed etc.? Thank you!
Reply 2464
Pinsent Mason (London) PFO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2465
Original post by pioski
devonshires solicitors online assessments... anyone had any experience with these??

Hello, first time poster here! Just out of curiosity, when did you hear back about the online assessment for Devonshires? I applied in mid July and haven't heard anything yet, pretty sure it's bad news for me!
Original post by eeshiemay
I have not heard anything back from Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester) yet ... still says under consideration. I am hoping that is a positive thing.

I live in N. America so would like to hear something, before it is too last minute!

AG Manchester AC have been done. Not sure if you've heard anything back since application, but I imagine it's a silent PFO by now :frown:.
Reply 2467
Original post by KT79
Hello, first time poster here! Just out of curiosity, when did you hear back about the online assessment for Devonshires? I applied in mid July and haven't heard anything yet, pretty sure it's bad news for me!

was also in the dark for a while, only received the email yesterday!
Reply 2468
What are peoples thoughts on asking a firm to retain your application for next year? Is that better so you're one of the first apps they look at, or is it better to just make a new application next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2469
Original post by Berlioz
Any insights into how long Freshfields take to get back to people after ACs?

Coming up to the business end of things now, hope there's lots of good news for everyone coming into September!

I got a phone call from the partner who interviewed me the evening of my AC. But that was after 1st of Sep. Presume you're bound by SRA 1st Sep rule?
Original post by hp112
I got a phone call from the partner who interviewed me the evening of my AC. But that was after 1st of Sep. Presume you're bound by SRA 1st Sep rule?

Ah, I see! I'm a graduate so I don't think the SRA rule applies to me. Looks like I might be looking at a rejection, so!

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 2471
Hi All,

I'm still waiting on the following:

Addleshaw Goddard, London - on the website my application still says "under consideration" and their confirmation email states that they would get back to us "in due course" - does this mean that they don't silent PFO?. Has anyone been on any London ACs? And has anyone been sent a PFO? Their "application timeline" on the website states that interviews and assessments centres take place in "August/September" - so is there hope for us yet?

Mishcon De Reya - I received an email on the 20th explaining that they would get back to us after screening all applicants so no news is good news in this regard.

SGH Martineau - I remember reading a post on here about how SGH are re-structuring their application process this year - does anyone have any further information about this?

Ince & Co- not a peep since submitting my application in July. I know they invite candidates to sit the Watson Glazer- has anyone completed this stage yet? Or been on an assessment centre?

(I applied to all of the above between the 25th and 30th of July.)

~Good luck & keep the faith!~
Reply 2472
Original post by hannahcatmac
Hello everyone, this is my first post but have been reading for a few weeks.

For those worrying about wragge LG (London specifically) already holding ACs I wouldn't give up hope yet as they just got back to me today post VRT (completed 29/07) to invite me for a telephone interview so I presume they must be holding multiple ACs.

Anyone already done the telephone interview yet and know if it is mainly competency/application/commercial based?

Re other apps:
PFO from Slaughter and May after final interview.
PFO from DWF - same position as a lot of people rejected after interview for vac scheme so wasn't expecting to be reconsidered.
And I haven't heard anything from any of my other 12 :mad:

How long did it take to hear back from Slaughter and May after your interview?
Original post by ec2026
Pinsent Mason (London) PFO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling me whether that was post application or post AC? Thanks!
Reply 2474
Original post by letshope8
:frown: Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling me whether that was post application or post AC? Thanks!

Post application, unfortunately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Radcliffes sends out rejections? Has anyone else heard from them either way? I applied quite early so I think it's a likely rejection for me! Good luck to everyone who has interviews/ACs coming up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ec2026
Post application, unfortunately!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh :frown:

If it helps, I applied last year and my application got rejected too. But I applied again this year and was a bit more lucky! So definitely try again next year - if you haven't already got a TC by then of course :smile: I hear they also recruit a lot of their trainees on the vac scheme!
Reply 2477
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Does anyone know if Radcliffes sends out rejections? Has anyone else heard from them either way? I applied quite early so I think it's a likely rejection for me! Good luck to everyone who has interviews/ACs coming up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting to hear from them also. Sent an e-mail asking for an update late on Friday, so will let you know what I get back..
Reply 2478
Original post by letshope8
Oh :frown:

If it helps, I applied last year and my application got rejected too. But I applied again this year and was a bit more lucky! So definitely try again next year - if you haven't already got a TC by then of course :smile: I hear they also recruit a lot of their trainees on the vac scheme!

Thank you, that's good to know! :-)
Original post by pioski
Still waiting to hear from them also. Sent an e-mail asking for an update late on Friday, so will let you know what I get back..

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending