The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Anyone starting Primary PGCE 2014/15 at Roehampton?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I would get cracking with this, I had to send out alot of requests before I got a positive response! I could have gone the local primary school where I did my previous work experience but wanted to have experience in a London school. Good luck with it anyway
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Hello, all of you, I will be there too. Nice to get to know you all. I will be doing KS1 just like Heggy.
Reply 42
Hey all, I am so new to this forum. I am starting pgce primary ks2 in sept 2014- have got to pass my maths skills test first. so nervous as it is going to be last attempt on 16th july. hv to meet the conditions by 18th july. also waiting for my degree results which will be due during tht time as well. just hv to get this maths out of the way. any tops/suggestions would b helpful. i hv bougth this online practice test called numeracy ready which seems to b very helpful. just hope tht i pass this time. reallly very stressed out as i want to start my pgce this september.
Reply 43
unfortunately cant make it for taster day :frown: please let me know how it went if any of you are going. just realised there are some typing errors in my previous post. ignore them:wink:
Hi everyone. I'm also starting my PGCE KS1 in September. Does anyone know when we will get our enrolment letter and has anyone done any prep work? Or found any good websites they could recommend? Thanks. Charlotte
Hi,

Im starting KS1 in Sept too!

I missed out on the taster day as I was in egypt! Does anyone know what the enrollment key is for the moodle registration?

thanks

maisie
Reply 46
Hi, the enrollment key is 'primary'. The taster day was useful to get a sense of the place but all the info is in the documentation they have subsequently emailed so you haven't missed too much. Reading the audits has made me realise how much prep I should probably be doing!

Anne x
Reply 47
Would anyone be interested in joining a Facebook group for the course if I make one? I thought it might be a good way to find others who aren't on the student room and also to share resources etc now we've got all this prep work to be doing!
Reply 48
Hi everyone!

Anyone who has applied to halls: I asked today when we should be hearing from them and I was told that offers will be sent out next Thursday. We will be receiving an email about it tomorrow. As long as you applied before the deadline and met the distance criterion then you should be guaranteed a room.

Just a reminder that I am doing KS2 and I actually started this course last year before withdrawing and reapplying due to personal issues. So if anyone has any questions I'll try and answer them!

Halagoo - I'd be game for joining a Facebook page, most people won't find out about us in this community so it would be a good idea to set one up.

Also a bit of advice; enjoy your summer! Honestly the work load gets pretty high so enjoy as much free time as you can before the course starts. That's not to say that the work is exceptionally difficult, more that there is an exceptional amount of it, so don't doubt yourselves, we're all capable of qualifying with Outstanding as long as we put the effort in!

Looking forward to meeting you all in September!
Reply 49
Yes I got my email about accommodation today and all details coming next week. Very glad as didn't want last minute flat hunting! Also yes to the fb group!
Reply 50
Okay I've made a group called 'Roehampton Primary PGCE 2014-15'....hope lots of people join it! But I hope I don't get 150 friend requests haha...
Reply 51
I can't find it when searching, perhaps it takes time to be categorised. Could you provide a direct link?
Hi everyone! I will be starting the KS1/KS2 PGCE in Sept, can't wait to meet you all! Has everyone organised their 1 week observation? I had a school sorted out but found out today that I will only be able to do 3 days at that school! Frantically trying to search for a school in my area which will let me complete the required 4 days.
Reply 53
This can be notoriously hard to do, I sent out about 30 emails and made even more calls and only got one to take me on. However, keep on plugging away because you will always find a school to take you on board! I remember last year there was someone who didn't have an observational placement until the day before, so it can be done!
Reply 54
Hope this works, I'm on my tablet so I'm not sure haha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/265311133673563/
Reply 55
Original post by halagoo
Hope this works, I'm on my tablet so I'm not sure haha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/265311133673563/

Yep it works
Reply 56
I noticed yesterday that Roehampton University mistakenly didn't provide the correct course end date to Student Finance so they are looking into it now. I think we should expect an extra £300-£400 in funding now, just waiting to hear back! You're welcome ;-)
Reply 57
Hi, I'm hoping to do the parttime PGCE starting January. Roehampton is quite far from me, but it's the only course I found offering PT. Does anyone know if we can arrange our own placements? I have some very good links with local schools and as I live out of London if they placed me elsewhere I don't know if I would feasibly be able to do it.

Thanks.
Reply 58
Hi guys.

I am trying to apply for a PGCE primary in 2015 at Roehampton university. I got a 2.2 BA international business several years ago and before applying this november i will have 6 months experience working in a private nursery and days observing in a primary school.
I contacted the admissions service who said that it will be unlikely to be accepted because of my 2.2 and said i should gain 2 years experience working in a UK state mainstream primary school as a TA.
i AM REALLY UPSET AND WORRIED AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT IF ANY OF YOU GUYS managed to get into roehampton with a 2.2 and what experience did you have prior to the application process.
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Roehampton connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending