The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

PGCE Coleraine 2022/23

Hi everyone, I've applied for two PGCE courses next year in Coleraine. I thought I'd start up a new thread as there doesn't seem to be one yet and it would be nice to speak to people in the same boat :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi ! Hope we hear something soon
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I applied for the PGCE in history which closed on 8th January. No idea when interviews etc are! Which ones did you apply for?
Reply 3
Hoping to hear something soon too! I applied for PGCE English. Fingers crossed, everyone!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I've applied for two PGCE courses next year in Coleraine. I thought I'd start up a new thread as there doesn't seem to be one yet and it would be nice to speak to people in the same boat :smile:

I applied for a Primary PGCE and received an email yesterday to invite me to an interview
Reply 5
Hi Everyone- Firstly, good luck to all!I applied for post primary Technology and Design. Applications closed on 8th January, has anyone else applied for this subject and received feedback with regards an interview? I am optimistically making notes for possible interview questions, but feel like I could be going in the wrong direction. Would be great to get a steer on what to expect if anyone has been through this process before. This is my first time applying! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi Carla_ok
I applied for the PGCE history which closed in the same date and I’ve heard nothing so far! Not even sure if they do the storytelling section for secondary or it’s straight to interview
Reply 7
Original post by Alkerr82
Hi Carla_ok
I applied for the PGCE history which closed in the same date and I’ve heard nothing so far! Not even sure if they do the storytelling section for secondary or it’s straight to interview

There’s no storytelling for secondary it’s straight to interview! I don’t think we will hear until March
Reply 8
Original post by K8MP
There’s no storytelling for secondary it’s straight to interview! I don’t think we will hear until March

I keep telling myself that no news is good news! Lol Maybe we'll start hearing back after midterm. Xx
Hi, I have applied for the PGCE Geography programme and haven’t heard anything yet. Hope we hear back soon 😊
Reply 10
Happy mid term break everyone. Xx
To stop myself staring at my inbox I've been gardening, Spring cleaning the house and doing loads of walking. How is everyone else staying occupied? :smile:
Would love to say I’ve been relaxing but with 4 kids (2adult,2preteen) it’s all go! I wonder how I’d fit it all in lol. I keep checking emails just incase there’s news!
Original post by CAT2021!
I applied for a Primary PGCE and received an email yesterday to invite me to an interview

Hi, best of luck on your interview, I hope to apply for 2023 intake, could I ask what story you did or props you used for storytelling? I know it’s so hard to get an interview
Original post by Searlait123
Hi, best of luck on your interview, I hope to apply for 2023 intake, could I ask what story you did or props you used for storytelling? I know it’s so hard to get an interview

Hi, thank you very much! In regard to props, I created my own and bought some - I don’t think it matters too much what props you use, as long as you make it interactive somehow and try engage with the camera as if there were pupils sitting behind it. This is my first year applying though, so my advice may not be the best lol
I've applied for PGCE History and I jump every time I get an email notification ☺️ Does anyone have any ideas how the PGCE history interview works this year?? Hopefully we will all hear back soon!!
Reply 15
Original post by Elennox98
I've applied for PGCE History and I jump every time I get an email notification ☺️ Does anyone have any ideas how the PGCE history interview works this year?? Hopefully we will all hear back soon!!

I’ve also applied for history PGCE and still had no word either. Hopefully we will hear soon 😊
Original post by K8MP
I’ve also applied for history PGCE and still had no word either. Hopefully we will hear soon 😊

Another PGCE History here! Fingers crossed it’s soon! I have waiting!
PGCE Home Economics invite to interview email came through this morning 😊 interviews are w/c 7th March
Reply 18
Original post by Alkerr82
Another PGCE History here! Fingers crossed it’s soon! I have waiting!

I emailed the admissions office today to ask when we will hear about the history PGCE interviews and I was told that the course director is currently shortlisting for interview and they will be in touch soon.
Original post by Janloubla
PGCE Home Economics invite to interview email came through this morning 😊 interviews are w/c 7th March

Good luck! Is it a face to face interview or online?

Quick Reply

Latest