The Student Room Group

Primary Education QTS Interviews

Hi, just wondering how peoples interviews have gone and if any have got any offers yet. I have 3 interviews this month and was wondering if anyone knew questions that are commonly asked. I have got interviews from all 5 universities I applied to which are Derby, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham City, Lincoln Bishop
Reply 1
hi! i got two offers so far from roehampton and brighton for the same course, i will write some of the questions i was asked!

How do you think children learn?

Can you think of a time you worked as a team?

Why teaching

Why have you chosen our uni?

can you name some struggles or challenges of teaching?

Why is safeguarding so important?

give an example of a time you were resilient

Give an example of a time you showed good time management

Original post by ambastarr
hi! i got two offers so far from roehampton and brighton for the same course, i will write some of the questions i was asked!

Why teaching

Hi, How long did it take for Roehampton to give you an offer after your interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Sophierjack2610
Hi, How long did it take for Roehampton to give you an offer after your interview?

It was literally about 24 hours after! Have you interviewed there for Primary Education?
It was literally about 24 hours after! Have you interviewed there for Primary Education?

Yes! Weirdly enough I just got the offer! Thank you for letting me know 🙂
Reply 5
where else did you apply? do you think you’ll firm roehampton x

Why teaching

I’ve got my Brighton interview this week, how was your general experience?
Has anybody been to Uni of Warwick PGCE primary interview? Just wondering what Fundamental Skills test is?
Original post by eemilylouisee

Why teaching

I’ve got my Brighton interview this week, how was your general experience?

Update if anyone was wondering, I did the interview this afternoon and received an offer by 6PM! Very surprised at how quick it was, the interview was a great experience and nothing to be worried about if you’re passionate about teaching. Hope everyone’s interviews are going well!
Reply 9
I was given some scenario-based questions e.g. What would you do if a child under your supervision acts out
Also questions about SEND, why primary rather than secondary etc..
The interviews are quite informal, so just be yourself, and add in some anecdotes from your own time at primary school and your own childhood! Good luck!
Did anyone have to do maths & English tests as part of their interview. What are the tests like? Particularly maths!
Original post by gracek06
Hi, just wondering how peoples interviews have gone and if any have got any offers yet. I have 3 interviews this month and was wondering if anyone knew questions that are commonly asked. I have got interviews from all 5 universities I applied to which are Derby, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham City, Lincoln Bishop

Hi, I also applied to Lincoln Bishop.
I had an interview through teams which consisted of 2 parts. First part consisted of a welcome talk and an introduction about the overview of the course. Next we got to ask any question that we had.Then we had a maths and english test.There's nothing to worry about them as they were simple questions to answer.They are done to see what are possibly your weakest points that my need more support in place ready for September.
Original post by KEGates1990
Did anyone have to do maths & English tests as part of their interview. What are the tests like? Particularly maths!

hii! uni of portsmouth had an english and maths test
for english, they gave us an extract from a news article based on education and we had to answer some questions based on it, and give our own insight and opinion too
maths, i cant lie i struggled a bit more than i would like to admit 😭😭 but its nothing to worry too much over, they gave two questions, one was on venn diagrams, one was a worded problem about times and some division, addition, multiplication, subtraction etc..

don't stress, u got this!! lmk how it goes!
Original post by ratnates
hii! uni of portsmouth had an english and maths test
for english, they gave us an extract from a news article based on education and we had to answer some questions based on it, and give our own insight and opinion too
maths, i cant lie i struggled a bit more than i would like to admit 😭😭 but its nothing to worry too much over, they gave two questions, one was on venn diagrams, one was a worded problem about times and some division, addition, multiplication, subtraction etc..
don't stress, u got this!! lmk how it goes!

Thank you! Im a mature student so I'm just so concerned about what I've forgotten so I'm trying to brush up! What was the presentation part of the interview like?
Thank you! Im a mature student so I'm just so concerned about what I've forgotten so I'm trying to brush up! What was the presentation part of the interview like?

so they give three questions, and you have to answer one of the three questions in your presentation, i picked 'which two places would you take a class to on a trip and why?' you have to link it to the national curriculum. good luck!!
Original post by ratnates
so they give three questions, and you have to answer one of the three questions in your presentation, i picked 'which two places would you take a class to on a trip and why?' you have to link it to the national curriculum. good luck!!

They've asked for just the one place you'd choose from us on the School Trip option. It's the one I've chosen too. I was going to choose the book option as I used to teach early years music and movement classes and used books within my lesson plans but I wanted to branch out a bit!
They've asked for just the one place you'd choose from us on the School Trip option. It's the one I've chosen too. I was going to choose the book option as I used to teach early years music and movement classes and used books within my lesson plans but I wanted to branch out a bit!

nicee! let me know how it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending