The Student Room Group

HAT 2015 thread - historians, gather here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aishah026
Hmm, my teacher emailed mine so do you think that they emailed my teacher back with confirmation perhaps?

I don't think my HAT went as good as I thought it did at the time, but whatever I heard interviews for history will be given out this week! fingers crossed x/

I've heard they'll be given out from the 26th onwards!
I must say you, Scavi you have been very pleasant, always helping people out you're informative and always have something nice to say, I do hope Oriel offers you a place for History!
totally agree with derek15! scavi has been really helpful in this forum :smile:
Original post by aishah026
really worried that this basically means rejection :/

Good God, I hadn't considered this but now I'm getting worried. I really hope it isn't the case as I haven't received confirmation of receipt...

EDIT: Just wanted to give my thanks to Scavi too! Contributions which are as polite and helpful as hers are hard to come by.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by derek15
I must say you, Scavi you have been very pleasant, always helping people out you're informative and always have something nice to say, I do hope Oriel offers you a place for History!

Original post by mehroo97
totally agree with derek15! scavi has been really helpful in this forum :smile:

Original post by IllOmens

EDIT: Just wanted to give my thanks to Scavi too! Contributions which are as polite and helpful as hers are hard to come by.

Aww!!! Thank you so much, I really do appreciate that, made my day :biggrin:

Just trying to help everyone out best I can, we're all in this together! It's really horrible having to wait but we should be hearing soon about interview decisions. Hopefully everyone will get the response they want - and I hope you all do- so let me know if you get any good news! :h:
Original post by Deeny11
I dropped my written work at the lodge too, and didn't get a confirmation either.. Am a bit nervous now :s-smilie:

I think it may just be because the Admissions Tutor didn't have time to email the people who posted them. Are you applying for History? Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by derek15
Emailed mine in for sure, trans-atlantic post is horrendous, every time I send something to my family in london it is: expensive, takes forever, and gets sent back half the time. Way too capricious to trust for application materials! Best of luck, I think we will find out about interviews sometime this week (:eek:)

Ahh brilliant! Yeah in hindsight I should have probably emailed mine in! Indeed, both anxious and relieved to be finding out this week. Good luck!
I am super nervous and this waiting isnt helping one bit. I wish there was a set date where all notices were sent out, I mean I get why they can't but still.... Any other hopeful historians applying to Corpus Christi? And have you guys heard from your other universities?
Hey everyone! I'm applying for History & Politics at Lincoln! Feeling super nervous waiting for interview invitation. Any fellow HisPol or Lincoln applicants?
Reply 289
Original post by thuphuong
Hey everyone! I'm applying for History & Politics at Lincoln! Feeling super nervous waiting for interview invitation. Any fellow HisPol or Lincoln applicants?

I'm applying for History at Lincoln! Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Tomorrow will be fun... :colone:
Original post by saea96
I'm applying for History at Lincoln! Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Hey! fingers crossed and hoping for the best! :biggrin:
Reply 292
Original post by ShruthiMani
I am super nervous and this waiting isnt helping one bit. I wish there was a set date where all notices were sent out, I mean I get why they can't but still.... Any other hopeful historians applying to Corpus Christi? And have you guys heard from your other universities?

Yep, applied to Corpus for history (there seems to be a few of us this year!), heard nothing yet :s-smilie: got offers from Exeter and LSE, what about you? :smile:
Reply 293
Original post by EnglishmanInLA
I think it may just be because the Admissions Tutor didn't have time to email the people who posted them. Are you applying for History? Have you heard anything yet?

Yeah I did, but no news..so nervous for the end of this week though! Good luck :smile:
Has anybody gotten interview offers yet? I've gotten offers from St Andrews and Edinburgh for International Relations, but haven't heard anything from Oxford yet. I applied to Wadham.

How about you guys?
Original post by triguy999
Has anybody gotten interview offers yet? I've gotten offers from St Andrews and Edinburgh for International Relations, but haven't heard anything from Oxford yet. I applied to Wadham.

How about you guys?

I think someone on the Official Oxford Applicant thread has an interview offer for History from Exeter already. But he's the only one with History offer I know of. I've already got offers from all my other 4 choices (one of them LSE) so I feel pretty secured now. But still so anxious...

Do you apply for straight History?
Original post by triguy999

How about you guys?

Nope! :frown: Ooh, I've applied there also. Are you an international applicant? & I applied to Magdalen.
Original post by thuphuong

Hey I applied to Brasenose for History and Politics the course looks amazing! I'm just so worried I'll get a rejection since the HAT didn't go very well for me and my AS grades are significantly below the Oxford average...
Original post by isaisaisa
Hey I applied to Brasenose for History and Politics the course looks amazing! I'm just so worried I'll get a rejection since the HAT didn't go very well for me and my AS grades are significantly below the Oxford average...

Yup! The course looks wonderful and so many options. I'm really worried as well since my AS grades aren't so great either :frown: Let's just hope for the best!:biggrin:
If the 26th-28th estimate is accurate then some of us will be hearing tomorrow - good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending