The Student Room Group

Young, Asian, Jobless and fed up?

Young: under the age of 25

Asian: negative stereotypes and prejudice in Britain.

Jobless: No income and struggling to cope.

Lastly fed up... These are all the things that's affecting me at the moment are there any other South Asians out there in similar situations as me?

I feel though with all my qualifications and achievements there is that thin line of being a outcast in British Society due to my race, religion and background especially in 2015.

I wonder how the future will be for us Asian's, especially young Asian males?

Scroll to see replies

I'm Asian and I seriously don't think my background will determine how far I get in life, only my ability to do the job will.

Pull your socks up and try harder
South or East Asian?
Reply 3
How about you try to find a job - any job - instead of bemoaning society?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Let me guess,you are a muslim South Asian male?
I'm half Asian and I've never experienced any kind of racism or discrimination towards me (except from the very occasional racist remark at school) and I've had about 5 different jobs.
Especially in 2015?..
Original post by ImNotSuperman
South or East Asian?

How are south or east treated differently? It's the same isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ahmed21

I wonder how the future will be for us Asian's, especially young Asian males?

Young: under the age of 25 - Yes

Asian: negative stereotypes and prejudice in Britain. - Never been through this, EVER!

Jobless: No income and struggling to cope. - I found a job after graduating, you got to have the degree - if they ask for it, a good CV and be able to sell yourself/ be confident In interviews. I went through at least 5-6 before I got a job.

Lastly fed up... These are all the things that's affecting me at the moment are there any other South Asians out there in similar situations as me? - I'm South Asian. You haven't tried hard enough.

I feel though with all my qualifications and achievements there is that thin line of being a outcast in British Society due to my race, religion and background especially in 2015. - Lol what?
Reply 9
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I'm half Asian and I've never experienced any kind of racism or discrimination towards me (except from the very occasional racist remark at school) and I've had about 5 different jobs.

I'm not talking about any jobs... Something that pay's really well.
Original post by enaayrah
I'm Asian and I seriously don't think my background will determine how far I get in life, only my ability to do the job will.

Pull your socks up and try harder

Indeed, there can be no excuse. OP should get on his bike and look for a job, just like my father did when he came to this country.
Reply 11
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Young: under the age of 25 - Yes

Asian: negative stereotypes and prejudice in Britain. - Never been through this, EVER!

Jobless: No income and struggling to cope. - I found a job after graduating, you got to have the degree - if they ask for it, a good CV and be able to sell yourself/ be confident In interviews. I went through at least 5-6 before I got a job.

Lastly fed up... These are all the things that's affecting me at the moment are there any other South Asians out there in similar situations as me? - I'm South Asian. You haven't tried hard enough.

I feel though with all my qualifications and achievements there is that thin line of being a outcast in British Society due to my race, religion and background especially in 2015. - Lol what?

You've fitted in well I guess, not like me I stand out like a sore thumb.
Reply 12
Original post by meenu89
Indeed, there can be no excuse. OP should get on his bike and look for a job, just like my father did when he came to this country.

You don't understand what I mean by jobs, in this context I mean senior positions as a role.
You're that annoying guy who keeps banging on about being south Asian and being treated badly. Maybe you're the problem and not other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by binarythoughts
Especially in 2015?..

By that I mean, why are people still so ignorant.
Original post by Ahmed21
You don't understand what I mean by jobs, in this context I mean senior positions as a role.

I standby what I said.
Posted from TSR Mobile

What type of job do you want and what pay bracket do you desire.What is your educational qualifications?
I am none of the things you describe, but you need to stop playing the victim card. You identify yourself as Asian 5 times, and not once as British. If that is how you identify and feel then I'm honestly interested to hear why you stay here?
Reply 18
What degree do you have and from which uni?
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
You're that annoying guy who keeps banging on about being south Asian and being treated badly. Maybe you're the problem and not other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest