The Student Room Group

Duchess of Cambridge given brith

Scroll to see replies

Good on them.
Original post by DaveSmith99

:rofl:

One of their best ever front pages.
What amazes me is that some people actually camped outside for days/weeks just to see the baby... :fatcontroller:
(edited 8 years ago)
Such amaze, much goodness, very royalty.

She even gets the best medical team around, not having to give birth dangerously in a 3rd world country with no help at hand, but still, so congratulations.

But anyway the most important part, Kate in Labour at such a time? Kate in labour..Kate labour....Kate supports the Labour party!

Can royals vote btw? I assume the monarch cannot but what about extended family?

As for the name, they say it may be Charlotte. Nah do something more out there, I'd say Athena, Eris etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Adipoptosis
Who cares?

You enough to read a thread on the matter and make the effort of posting 'who cares'?
Original post by yo radical one
It's so pathetic seeing people get excited about other people who not only don't care about them, but who don't even have any awareness of their existence.

The British Royal family, is nothing more than a strange offshoot of celebrity culture.

Yeah, because people don't get excited about other people doing things, such as footballers kicking a ball around, who don't have any awareness of their existence.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Yeah, because people don't get excited about other people doing things, such as footballers kicking a ball around, who don't have any awareness of their existence.

Eh but tbf that's about them enjoying the game, not worshiping the individual player for the most part, and even for those who have a strongly favoured player in the team they support, they're unlikely to camp outside the players home or the hospital they're having their child at for over a week.

But whatever, they make our country more money than they cost and tbh it's one of the main tourist attractions, so they may as well stay in place.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
:rofl:

One of their best ever front pages.

This one will always be my favourite I think
Original post by muf_mur

That is treason, sedition, heresy and blasphemy.
You enough to read a thread on the matter and make the effort of posting 'who cares'?

Nope I just read the title :smile:
I cared enough about displaying my lack of care, to post.
Reply 32
Original post by Remedium
What amazes me is that some people actually camped outside for days/weeks just to see the baby... :fatcontroller:

Yeah, I was about to say the same, its baffling isn't it. I mean fair enough if you want to pop along to the hospital on the day, it is a momentous day for some people a new Royal is born, but camping out for weeks, wtf is up with some people? :lolwut:

I assume they don't have jobs, or if they did, they don't anymore, can you imagine being a boss and one of your employees come up to you asking for 2 weeks off to camp outside of a hospital because a baby is being born :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less..I am not even a British citizen:lol:

Pfft just because you can't predict the future...

I care, there is a general election on in 5 days and since the "news" that a woman in her 20's has given birth there has been no actual news on the television. All we've had is inane gossip about when said woman would leave the hospital, what said woman will name said sprog and how well staffed this over-privalged said sprog will be.
It's so pathetic seeing people get excited about other people who not only don't care about them, but who don't even have any awareness of their existence.

The British Royal family, is nothing more than a strange offshoot of celebrity culture.

It's demeaning. I really don't understand it. It's as if people acknowledge they are better than them.

Like if I was old to bow for the Queen... there is no way in hell I am doing that for no one. I refused to call my teachers 'Sir' at school for similar reasons. :tongue: I was even their name or Mr.

Anyone think this could help tip it for the conservatives? Are all labour peeps going to be interrogated for their patriotic credentials? To weed out any treasonous Marxists.

That is equally as stupid and demeaning. Although getting good at kicking a ball actually requires effort and skill which when honed to such high degrees is impressive. Nothing wrong with respecting and appreciating that.

Royals are just reminders of the shot snotty class system that is till pervasive in this country and around the world. **** them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37

PRSOM :smile:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's demeaning. I really don't understand it. It's as if people acknowledge they are better than them.

Like if I was old to bow for the Queen... there is no way in hell I am doing that for no one. I refused to call my teachers 'Sir' at school for similar reasons. :tongue: I was even their name or Mr.

Anyone think this could help tip it for the conservatives? Are all labour peeps going to be interrogated for their patriotic credentials? To weed out any treasonous Marxists.

That is equally as stupid and demeaning. Although getting good at kicking a ball actually requires effort and skill which when honed to such high degrees is impressive. Nothing wrong with respecting and appreciating that.

Royals are just reminders of the shot snotty class system that is till pervasive in this country and around the world. **** them.

Why??? :/ It's just a title and they ARE your seniors.
Original post by Maid Marian
Why??? :/ It's just a title and they ARE your seniors.

Just because someone happened by pure chance to fall out of a more privileged vagina doesn't make them better than you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending