The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by godivaontherocks
Cadbury chocolate smarties bars. Or do they still sell those? Vanilla Coca Cola - they never seem to sell it in the UK anymore. Banana-chocolate Viennetta (discontinued in the 90's). Sainsburys Peanut Cookies. All those flavours of Pop-Tarts they discontinued in the UK. So many more but can't remember them right now.

There is a nestle smarties bar, don't believe there had ever been a Cadbury one. Vanilla coke has been available in the UK again for a few years now. Sainsburys DO sell peanut cookies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if already posted but Ross's of Edinburgh famous for their Edinburgh rock, oddfellows, ginger creams, Berwick cockles

Closed after 135 years because the current owner is retired and his kids dont wnat to take over business.

http://edinburgh.stv.tv/articles/309668-edinburgh-rock-factory-announce-closure-after-graham-ross-retires/
Original post by TotoMimo
, 10p puffs (crisps),

These. So much these, adn the first thing i thought of when i saw the thread title
Original post by TotoMimo
The Cadbury's Shortcake, or are you talking about Astros? Either way, AGREED.

For me, I really miss Secret bars, Vice Versas, Fiendish Feet yoghurts, Frufoo yoghurts (and their chocolate UFO counterparts), 10p puffs (crisps), turkey twizzlers, and a WHOLE bunch of other amazing treats.

I also made a thread about chicken tom-toms (mini kievs with ketchup filling) as my most-missed, but I found Iceland's own-brand version of them! So no more tears, at least from that avenue!

There was a chocolate version??
I loved the frufoo yoghurts, they where amazing. I didnt realise they did a chocolate version otherwise i would have tried that one as well.
Does anyone sell those tangy toms crisps any more?
I havent seen them around in ages but i used to love those.
Original post by Emma:-)
Does anyone sell those tangy toms crisps any more?
I havent seen them around in ages but i used to love those.

Sure I've seen those in Poundland...

Sadly I went in Poundland but unlike the other poster I couldn't see any Mr Kipling Mini Classic, *sad face*.
Original post by joey11223
Sure I've seen those in Poundland...

Sadly I went in Poundland but unlike the other poster I couldn't see any Mr Kipling Mini Classic, *sad face*.

Really?
Im going shopping tomorrow, so ill have to look in poundland to see if i can find any. Ill let you know.
Original post by Emma:-)
Really?
Im going shopping tomorrow, so ill have to look in poundland to see if i can find any. Ill let you know.

Yeah don't think every time though, they always seem to have transform-a-snack and Alien crisps, then sometimes have a few more of that ilk so tangy toms.

Just tried to have a look mysupermarket comparison does list Poundland as selling them...for £1 would you believe? Don't list em for my mini classics, boo Mr Kipling...
I remember the puffs crisps too but don't think I had any of them!

Something I do sorely miss, and that's the Wonka Chocolate bars that were on sale a year and a half ago. They were delicious!

Original post by silverbolt
These. So much these, adn the first thing i thought of when i saw the thread title
BBQ Rib Walkers, Echo bars, those white chocolate cadbury bars (think they were called dream or something), cadbury snaps - bloody loved those! Also, even though they were full of crap, i'd love turkey twizzlers to be brought back, fu Jamie Oliver
Original post by blackwid0w
BBQ Rib Walkers, Echo bars, those white chocolate cadbury bars (think they were called dream or something), cadbury snaps - bloody loved those! Also, even though they were full of crap, i'd love turkey twizzlers to be brought back, fu Jamie Oliver

I'm still weeping over turkey twizzlers. I know they were made of complete ****, but god damn were they tasty. I just want that back :frown: just once!
The hot sweets were called atomic fireballs/fireblast and they were amazing!!
Original post by Katdudley89
The hot sweets were called atomic fireballs/fireblast and they were amazing!!

They're still made... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atomic-Fireballs-x-6-Packs/dp/B004PXMLL4
Kit Kat Caramac, Cadbury's Amazin' Raisin bar, Cadbury's Nuts about Caramel Ice Creams and Mcvities Gold Chocolate Biscuit (Gold Bar). :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
This super soft cheese bun pastry from Chinatown. Its goneeeee 😢😭
Original post by #DIV/0!
Kit Kat Caramac, Cadbury's Amazin' Raisin bar, Cadbury's Nuts about Caramel Ice Creams and Mcvities Gold Chocolate Biscuit (Gold Bar). :frown:

Gold bars still exist.... http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/mcvities-gold-bar-8x22g-176g
It's not that it's not sold anymore but I only get bake-and-shark when I go Trinidad :sad:
The cereal Oreo O's, got discontinued but absolutely loved it when I was growing up. Cheez Balls, Mars delight, 3d doritos... ooh now I'm hungry
Original post by withlove
The cereal Oreo O's, got discontinued but absolutely loved it when I was growing up. Cheez Balls, Mars delight, 3d doritos... ooh now I'm hungry

Oh man I forgot about 3d doritos , they were so cool and really yummy.
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm still weeping over turkey twizzlers. I know they were made of complete ****, but god damn were they tasty. I just want that back :frown: just once!

Jamie Oliver is rolling in his grave. (well he would if he was dead he would :tongue:)

They aren't gone as such but salt and vinegar quavers. They're like a super rare Pokemon. and to a laser extent salt and vinger hoola hoops
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest