The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni, Engineering with integrated foundation year-interview

Hi everyone hope ur all doin well. I applied for engineering with an integrated foundation year at UoM and i hope to go on to study chem eng. I was wondering who else has an interview on the 2nd December? And if anyone has already had it can they please tell me how the interview and test were like?
Thanks in advance and much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Please really need help
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Bump
Original post by Gladiator12345
Hi everyone hope ur all doin well. I applied for engineering with an integrated foundation year at UoM and i hope to go on to study chem eng. I was wondering who else has an interview on the 2nd December? And if anyone has already had it can they please tell me how the interview and test were like?
Thanks in advance and much appreciated

Q) What are your A level predicted grades assuming your a A2 student?
Q) What did you achieve in your AS?
Q) When did you send off your UCAS application?
Q) When did you receive a offer from University of Manchester?
Q) Where else did you apply and for what course?
Q) Have you received any other offers from UCAS?

^ Sorry for spamming you with questions as I'm a gap year student applying to UCAS and just sent off my application today. I applied to University of Manchester but for a science integrated foundation year to study BSc Physics. I know Physics is extremely popular at Manchester(A*A*A-A*AA) and wanted to compare the different range of applicants background before studying and those that actually progress after the foundation year. I heard that if your invited for a interview/visit day they will most likely give you a maths test during your visit day and base your offer for the foundation year course on those results aswell as A2 predicted grades. :redface:

What are you planning on putting as your firm/insurance choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Q) What are your A level predicted grades assuming your a A2 student?
Q) What did you achieve in your AS?
Q) When did you send off your UCAS application?
Q) When did you receive a offer from University of Manchester?
Q) Where else did you apply and for what course?
Q) Have you received any other offers from UCAS?

^ Sorry for spamming you with questions as I'm a gap year student applying to UCAS and just sent off my application today. I applied to University of Manchester but for a science integrated foundation year to study BSc Physics. I know Physics is extremely popular at Manchester(A*A*A-A*AA) and wanted to compare the different range of applicants background before studying and those that actually progress after the foundation year. I heard that if your invited for a interview/visit day they will most likely give you a maths test during your visit day and base your offer for the foundation year course on those results aswell as A2 predicted grades. :redface:

What are you planning on putting as your firm/insurance choice?

ABC
BCD
Sent off in october
Bout a couple of weeks.later i got offer for an interview
I applied to sheff, leeds, nottingham, hull and UoM
Recieved offers from hull and sheff
But i so want manchester its my dream to gi there for chem eng
If i get manchester offer it will be my firm and hull insurance hopefully
ABC
BCD
Sent off in october

Are the other uni courses you applied to foundation year + 3 year degree or just regular 3 year degree course?

Congrats! Are Hull/Sheff conditional offers?
I wanted to study at Bristol so badly but Manchester was always joint with Bristol for me. It seems to hard to progress from science integrated foundation year at Manchester uni to study Physics as BSc Physics entry is A*A*A-A*AA. :frown:
Engineer students have it easier in terms of % to score in foundation year to progress. Physicists have it the hardest :frown:

When is your Manchester visit(interview) day?
What are you currently learning in maths at college atm? I'm a gap year student so I've already done all my A level maths just recapping and resitting from BBC -> ABB.
Are the other uni courses you applied to foundation year + 3 year degree or just regular 3 year degree course?

Congrats! Are Hull/Sheff conditional offers?
I wanted to study at Bristol so badly but Manchester was always joint with Bristol for me. It seems to hard to progress from science integrated foundation year at Manchester uni to study Physics as BSc Physics entry is A*A*A-A*AA. :frown:
Engineer students have it easier in terms of % to score in foundation year to progress. Physicists have it the hardest :frown:

When is your Manchester visit(interview) day?
What are you currently learning in maths at college atm? I'm a gap year student so I've already done all my A level maths just recapping and resitting from BBC -> ABB.

Yeah the offers are conditional , and r foundation years hull isnt tho
I have to admit physicists have it tough, physics is the toughest subject to study no debate there.
Im studying chem,bio and history
And ull get into dw
My interview is on 2nd december hope u get it then as well
I have to admit physicists have it tough, physics is the toughest subject to study no debate there.
And ull get into dw

Thanks bud :wink:

I hope you get into Manchester uni for science integrated foundation year. Let me know how well your interview goes after 2nd December/keep me updated. I've just sent off my application and should expect a interview after new years.

Yeah to a large extent, especially at university level Physics is quite challenging conceptually. I wouldn't underestimate chem eng its very hard aswell but I guess it depends upon what you enjoy I.e blurring the line between work/play. Have you looked at accommodation/bursaries/scholarships at UoM? Nice ! I studied History at A level. Have you finished your really long A2 coursework? I remember losing so much sleep for mine. :tongue: Did you do AS maths by any chance? What was your 4th AS subject?

I'd :lol: if we end up in the same lecture at UoM. Are you up north or?
I'm from London so Manchester is 3.5-4 hours drive :frown: Wbu?
(edited 8 years ago)
And ull get into dw

What grade offer did Sheffield send? ABB? I am applying there with ABB predicted (AS BBBB, A2 CCD- achieved- retaking). Going to being my app off soon!
Good luck on the interview!

I hope you get into Manchester uni for science integrated foundation year. Let me know how well your interview goes after 2nd December/keep me updated. I've just sent off my application and should expect a interview after new years.

Yeah to a large extent, especially at university level Physics is quite challenging conceptually. I wouldn't underestimate chem eng its very hard aswell but I guess it depends upon what you enjoy I.e blurring the line between work/play. Have you looked at accommodation/bursaries/scholarships at UoM? Nice ! I studied History at A level. Have you finished your really long A2 coursework? I remember losing so much sleep for mine. :tongue: Did you do AS maths by any chance? What was your 4th AS subject?

Good luck man, Hope you get in, keep us updated!

Yeah ill let u know how i get on just pm me ur sc or number and ill let u know mate
Yeah im gonna do that really long essay after christmas its gonna be on german history from 1845-1945 what was urs on?
I havent looked at accomodation but i will do if i get an offer im from uo north about an hours drive from manchester
Yeah maths was my other AS i dropped cos we have shocking maths teachers at my school
I wish u get an interview/offer too
Original post by RiskVsReward
What grade offer did Sheffield send? ABB? I am applying there with ABB predicted (AS BBBB, A2 CCD- achieved- retaking). Going to being my app off soon!
Good luck on the interview!

Good luck man, Hope you get in, keep us updated!

Cheers my offer is ABB did u apply for chem eng foundation ata sheff and manchester wer else have u applied?
ABC
BCD
Sent off in october

Hey we literally have the same AS and predicted grades lol. Im also applying for foundation year programs to progress onto Chem eng and was wondering if you've heard anything from Leeds yet? I also applied to Hull and was given an offer too. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Jadoreidior
Hey we literally have the same AS and predicted grades lol. Im also applying for foundation year programs to progress onto Chem eng and was wondering if you've heard anything from Leeds yet? I also applied to Hull and was given an offer too. Thanks :smile:

Omg were identical,leeds rejected me sadly but hopefully i get manchester did u apply there and wat subjects r u doin now love?
Yeah ill let u know how i get on just pm me ur sc or number and ill let u know mate
Yeah im gonna do that really long essay after christmas its gonna be on german history from 1845-1945 what was urs on?
I havent looked at accomodation but i will do if i get an offer im from uo north about an hours drive from manchester
Yeah maths was my other AS i dropped cos we have shocking maths teachers at my school
I wish u get an interview/offer too

Cool, no worries. I had my A2 History coursework due Part A before 1st term half-term i.e Oct 22nd and Part B due right before Xmas holiday. From January-April we focused on Unit 3. My Unit 4 A2 coursework as on 'Scramble of Africa 1870-1981' im so happy I never have to write another essay until my university dissertation :tongue:

I'm the same, once I get a offer I'll start looking for accommodation otherwise there are too many variables. I did bad at AS maths but managed to redeem myself at A2. Exam solutions is love examsolutions is life. :heart:

Thanks bud, I'll let you know.
Cool, no worries. I had my A2 History coursework due Part A before 1st term half-term i.e Oct 22nd and Part B due right before Xmas holiday. From January-April we focused on Unit 3. My Unit 4 A2 coursework as on 'Scramble of Africa 1870-1981' im so happy I never have to write another essay until my university dissertation :tongue:

I'm the same, once I get a offer I'll start looking for accommodation otherwise there are too many variables. I did bad at AS maths but managed to redeem myself at A2. Exam solutions is love examsolutions is life. :heart:

Thanks bud, I'll let you know.

Exxams solution is so good r u on a gap year then?
Exxams solution is so good r u on a gap year then?

Yeah, I'm on a gap year. I got a part-time job from August-November. December=recap the material. Jan-June = grinding past papers everyday. Your maths/physics skills disappear quickly if you don't practice them though :frown:

Wbu?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, I'm on a gap year. I got a part-time job from August-November. December=recap the material. Jan-June = grinding past papers everyday. Your maths/physics skills disappear quickly if you don't practice them though :frown:

Wbu?

Im doing my A2 rn do u have sc mate ?
Im doing my A2 rn do u have sc mate ?

What's sc? :s-smilie:
What's sc? :s-smilie:

Snapchat
Snapchat

Nop, I don't use snapchat :tongue:

Never been into it only twitter.